Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are yah starting to believe in this OL and Scheme now?
Quote: @ThunderGod said:
I am happy with what i see but want to see how we perform against a top shelf team like the Patriots, Saints, and maybe K.C. or Packers.  Will the league figure out how to shut down our play action?  Can they contain Cook.  Can we put together both the defense and offense and when against the best teama?
As long as we don't have to play in Chicago again, I think we will be fine.  IMO, that field is notoriously slow, long grass and not great for speed guys.  I think that is why our offense couldn't get going, Cook usually fits through those holes quickly, but he couldn't get there on that field.  Hopefully Stef learns from that day and understands he needs to call a different game.

I'm pretty stoked we are 5-2 with our division road games OVER.  

Now if officials would just let teams play and NOT give GB SIX first downs on penalties in a given game...that'd be nice.

It was a coup biak. 
He was not supposed to be available. Imagine our luck. Everyone in Denver expected him back. But they'd just hired a new head coach, whom they couldn't exactly handcuff by forcing him to take on Kubiak's guys. So Kubiak, the outside zone run-game guru, walks...just in time for a team with a QB who cut his teeth in the Shanahan/Kubiak system, a team with a new OC who could use a mentor, a team with a back whose strength was outside zone, a team that was almost "angrily" committed to running the ball more.
Not to diminish what Stef has done because his play calling has been beautiful. But getting Kubiak and his team was a stroke of luck on several levels. What's more, Stefanski now becomes a branch on the Shanahan coaching tree along with the younger Shanahan and McVay. 
I hesitate to call it the Shanahan tree  because you will find many, many smart people out there who will argue it was more Kubiak than it was Shanahan.  

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Giant and Lions are 28th and 31st in yards surrendered this year.

Eagles, Lions, Giants are 24,25, 26 in points per game surrendered.

I like what I am seeing,  but I am also not ready to take a sigh of relief just yet.
Agreed, but a perfect time to get this offense in tune. 
oh absolutely,  its  too bad this team couldnt have cut their teeth on these weaker opponents to start the season and then faced the better defenses now that they are starting to gel.   but you get what ya get and you will like it!

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

I like what I am seeing,  but I am also not ready to take a sigh of relief just yet.
Ok negative nancy Smile  one could also say us kicking their ass is the reason theyre rated so low. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Ok negative nancy Smile  one could also say us kicking their ass is the reason theyre rated so low. 
yeah... I dont think 1 game put them in the cellar after 6 games or more,  I think this is more of who they are vs what we did to them... but I could be wrong.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
It was a coup biak. 
He was not supposed to be available. Imagine our luck. Everyone in Denver expected him back. But they'd just hired a new head coach, whom they couldn't exactly handcuff by forcing him to take on Kubiak's guys. So Kubiak, the outside zone run-game guru, walks...just in time for a team with a QB who cut his teeth in the Shanahan/Kubiak system, a team with a new OC who could use a mentor, a team with a back whose strength was outside zone, a team that was almost "angrily" committed to running the ball more.
Not to diminish what Stef has done because his play calling has been beautiful. But getting Kubiak and his team was a stroke of luck on several levels. What's more, Stefanski now becomes a branch on the Shanahan coaching tree along with the younger Shanahan and McVay. 
I hesitate to call it the Shanahan tree  because you will find many, many smart people out there who will argue it was more Kubiak than it was Shanahan.  

Right. So if the Vikings continue to have success and make a deep run in the playoffs . . . do we lose Stefansky to a HC job after this season?  This is jumping the gun, no doubt, but I felt the same way with Shermur. 

Quote: @dadevike said:
@MaroonBells said:
It was a coup biak. 

Right. So if the Vikings continue to have success and make a deep run in the playoffs . . . do we lose Stefansky to a HC job after this season?  This is jumping the gun, no doubt, but I felt the same way with Shermur. 
his name was mentioned before the O even started clicking as a potential HC for the Redskins opening.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@dadevike said:
@MaroonBells said:
It was a coup biak. 

his name was mentioned before the O even started clicking as a potential HC for the Redskins opening.

I had not heard that.  If he continues calling plays like he has the last 3 games, we simply cannot afford to lose him and then start over.  Make him the co-HC. 

I like what I'm seeing...aggressive play calling, limit the short passing game, getting the ball to more playmakers and keeping the running backs fresh.  Adam, Rudy, Bisi, Ham, Cook all getting TD's.  Can't ask for better!