Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF or When?
Is Hughes going to supplant XR?

Our best combo might be Hughes/Waynes/MacAlex

Is Hitman still playing at a high level???

Not ready to give up on X just yet.  Yesterday was not as bad as it looked.  I know about the TDs (and the PI penalty) - but who could really have stopped those short TD passes yesterday?  They were really well thrown balls to a very good receiver. The PI was a bad play, and even that was pretty close.  ... Having said that, I do like Hughes.

Quote: @dadevike said:
Not ready to give up on X just yet.  Yesterday was not as bad as it looked.  I know about the TDs (and the PI penalty) - but who could really have stopped those short TD passes yesterday?  They were really well thrown balls to a very good receiver. The PI was a bad play, and even that was pretty close.  ... Having said that, I do like Hughes.
I think that's a fair point. I read that Rhodes really only gave up 5 yds in coverage. Of course within that were 2 short yardage TD's. 

Quote: @Nichelle said:
@dadevike said:
I think that's a fair point. I read that Rhodes really only gave up 5 yds in coverage. Of course within that were 2 short yardage TD's. 

How do they not count the yards he gave up on the PI?  Those yards are on him.  Still, he was mostly ok. Giving up the TDs looks bad, but not much you can do about a perfect (short) pass.

I'm hoping they let XR go at the end of the year and resign Waynes and Mac with the money. 

It's not just yesterday.  I really feel Rhodes has been struggling for about the last year, started about mid-season last year.  Injuries were blamed last year, what is reason this year?

I've watched him longer than anyone else (unless some of you are secretly FSU fans and if so, my condolences). He's not moving right. And hasn't been for a while now.

Xavier has always been very physical but he always had plenty of speed too. Now it looks like he's a step slow and trying to make up for it with even more physicality at a time in the League where you just aren't allowed to do that.

A lot of great Corners have turned into pumpkins seemingly overnight. I honestly believe its happened to Rhodes.

For me, I'm questioning his off-season conditioning program.  I suspect he does nothing during the off-season and relies on his abilities and experience to get him through.  I don't think he's in top physical shape.

The thing with DBs (which is alot like OL): we only notice them when they fail to get the job done.  On every other play (when they ARE doing their job), they go un-noticed (and unappreciated).  A good portion of our sacks this year have been coverage sacks.  So XR must be (most of the time) doing something good.  That being said... I don't think we need to break the bank to keep him.  In fact, I'd be in favor of trading him (in the off-season, so as to not upset team chemistry) to clear up cap room and open the door for Hughes (and Hill).

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
For me, I'm questioning his off-season conditioning program.  I suspect he does nothing during the off-season and relies on his abilities and experience to get him through.  I don't think he's in top physical shape.
I'm not sure that I agree.  I think he works hard... but when I see him, it looks like he's "body-building", rather than improving his functional strength and flexibility.  To me, that's where his "skills" have gone: he's not as fluid as he used to be, due to being so "built-up".  But that's just an opinion.