The buzz seems to say Teddy
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Zanary said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:
you are comparing a qb in a norv offense in his second year in the league to a qb in a hybrid offense in his 5th (?) year in the league.  its absurd to think that Teddy was anywhere near a finished product or to say that Sam didnt have a better supporting cast (minus the OL) than Teddy.  to try and compare the two situations is absurd as trying to compare what Sam did in 16 to what Case did in 17.   thats what makes all this such a joke as none of us really have any idea of what to expect out of any of the 3.
Until Teddy puts the numbers up that Keenum did this year what your saying is a joke...it's all just speculation.
Teddy could have promise, but are we willing to take a year to find that out. Or maybe his knee doesn't last the season...All unknowns not fact.

edit: And probably every morning while drinking their coffee  Zim,Rick and Flip read these QB topics and about piss their pants laughing.  :p
Wtf are you talking about?  All I said was their situations were so different that they can't be compared.  Has nothing to do with cases numbers this year or any other year.
Teddy would beat Case out for the job and you would have 20+ million stuck into a non producing spot that could better be spent on improving an already weak spot like OG or 3T
And until they have a head to head competition your dismissing teddy based on his performance 2 years ago is just as laughable and you assuming Case would win the job is just as speculative.
Well, we could use more recent numbers for Teddy...OH, WAIT.

That's the problem, everything with Teddy beyond his 2015 numbers is pure speculation.
Just as trying to say what any qb will do next year...it's all speculation.  Cousins on paper looks like the best choice in terms of production and reliability...but nobody knows how he would play in Minny,  they are just speculating.  It's pretty much all we do this time of year is speculate...all of us...no matter what player or move we are pimping...it's all speculation.
At least Cousin & Keenum have put numbers up...Teddy never has so it makes it more of a stretch.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@Zanary said:
The horse is gonna get beaten into the ground until the QB situation gets addressed.  That will be a nice, big, shiny distraction from this discussion...but inevitably lead to more armchair coaching/managing until preseason at least.

Ah, fandom.

I know! Let's suppose....  Wink

[Image: Brett-Favre-signs-for-Min-001.jpg?w=300&...a841a7f7fa]
Don't tempt fate like that.  I don't think I'd survive another round of Favre-a-pa-looza in the sports media combined with Tommy Copper and Ensure ads....

Quote: @Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Zanary said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:
you are comparing a qb in a norv offense in his second year in the league to a qb in a hybrid offense in his 5th (?) year in the league.  its absurd to think that Teddy was anywhere near a finished product or to say that Sam didnt have a better supporting cast (minus the OL) than Teddy.  to try and compare the two situations is absurd as trying to compare what Sam did in 16 to what Case did in 17.   thats what makes all this such a joke as none of us really have any idea of what to expect out of any of the 3.
Until Teddy puts the numbers up that Keenum did this year what your saying is a joke...it's all just speculation.
Teddy could have promise, but are we willing to take a year to find that out. Or maybe his knee doesn't last the season...All unknowns not fact.

edit: And probably every morning while drinking their coffee  Zim,Rick and Flip read these QB topics and about piss their pants laughing.  :p
Wtf are you talking about?  All I said was their situations were so different that they can't be compared.  Has nothing to do with cases numbers this year or any other year.
Teddy would beat Case out for the job and you would have 20+ million stuck into a non producing spot that could better be spent on improving an already weak spot like OG or 3T
And until they have a head to head competition your dismissing teddy based on his performance 2 years ago is just as laughable and you assuming Case would win the job is just as speculative.

That's the problem, everything with Teddy beyond his 2015 numbers is pure speculation.
Just as trying to say what any qb will do next year...it's all speculation.  Cousins on paper looks like the best choice in terms of production and reliability...but nobody knows how he would play in Minny,  they are just speculating.  It's pretty much all we do this time of year is speculate...all of us...no matter what player or move we are pimping...it's all speculation.
At least Cousin & Keenum have put numbers up...Teddy never has so it makes it more of a stretch.
What do you need?  You win?  Does that make it better?  I still think Teddy is the better QB than Case but if it makes you feel better you can count this as a win.

Cousins has a risk of upsetting team chemistry, no?  Bringing in someone from outside always has that added risk.  Case took this team to one of it’s best season’s W/L wise and everybody likes Teddy so there wouldn’t any continuity interruption with either of them, or Sam for that matter.  I don’t see Cousins as being the answer if he cost over 20 million.  But like I’ve said.... it will depend on what the new OC wants to do.... well technically it rides on what Zim will let him do.  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Zanary said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:

What do you need?  You win?  Does that make it better?  I still think Teddy is the better QB than Case but if it makes you feel better you can count this as a win.
Jimmy 
Not looking for a win. Teddy has promise...But Teddy also has lots of question marks.
Until he actually does something after his knee injury I'm not buying he is better than Keenum,Cousins or even Bradford.
This is something else that bothers me. Injury like Teddy had takes 24 months to heal.
Teddy was back in 16 months in which I don't think he was completely healed. I think he rushed backed.
I'm glad he has a few extra months now.

Quote: @Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Zanary said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Neither has Josh Rosen, so I doubt anyone will want him. Maybe we can get him by offering him one of those big UDFA contracts after he goes undrafted. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
We're Vikings fans. We're not getting one of the four viable options. We're getting Jim McMahon.
And the Vikings will make him look like Ed McMahon. Heeyooo!

Less than a month till FA!!