Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Cousins be resigned? (SPOILER ALERT.... NO!)

Adam Schefter's latest on Kirk Cousins (Get Up): "Atlanta would have to step up in a way to essentially pry [Cousins] loose from the #Vikings and the best I can tell, I don't know if that will happen."

When does Kirks $29M in dead cap officially hit our books? Wednesday AM or ?

MIN would be morons not to get something done before then.

Second note- If Atlanta doesn’t make a serious offer for Kirk, does he even have a market? Would KAM have the stones to lower our offer to Kirk and try to get him for cheaper? Would love to be a fly in the wall of Kwesi’s office. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Adam Schefter's latest on Kirk Cousins (Get Up): "Atlanta would have to step up in a way to essentially pry [Cousins] loose from the #Vikings and the best I can tell, I don't know if that will happen."
Seems logical, but we are in silly season so I guess we'll really know what's what when a contact is signed somewhere. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Money, guarantees, and guaranteed money talk. I'm still of the opinion that if our offer was anywhere close to what he wanted, he'd be signed already. The fact that he hasn't and wants to test the free agent market makes me think if another team comes through with the full court press, he's gone. Atlanta is desperate for a QB and that's a worry 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/176...3491675451

https://twitter.com/VikesCentral/status/...1069010341
Lmao. “If the offers are even remotely close he’ll stay in MIN for sure!” Been hearing that for a month around here.

If that tweet is to be believed, dude will bolt for an extra $35 bucks and a preferred parking pass if he can get it on top of our offer  :p. Wow  :'(

The fact we’re offering $38M and he’s holding out and sniffing around for $40M makes me think this tweet can’t possibly be true and if it is true, that’s hilarious. 

How does $38mm per strike you?

I think its a bit low, but the achilles is an issue that has to impact thinking.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

I think its a bit low, but the achilles is an issue that has to impact thinking.

Honestly, I thought they weren't willing to do much guaranteed and that was the hangup.  A 2 year deal mostly guaranteed, coming off a major injury is a lot more guaranteed then I thought he'd get offered. 

If $40m x3 years is the Falcons deal then it was ok to let him go. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

It's less than Daniel Jones is making.  It seems designed to push him out the door by insulting him.   And they appear to be holding a hard line on it.  The only caveat is, this reported value could be entirely made up bullshit.