Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Stupid...
Quote: @greediron said:
You put a sick dog in a lambo?
if you can really afford a lambo,  yes you likely dont care that its a lambo and you get your dog help,  no different than a guy making 60k a year wouldnt hesitate to put their sick lab in a new F-150 if he needed attention.

I am just wondering about the vet that is working at 3am,  seems this issue should be able to be cleared up pretty quickly. 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
https://twitter.com/VikesCentral/status/...taar01DMrg&s=19
Now I wonder why he wasn't going closer to 200.  It's probably good to hear the entire story before judging.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Show of hands...how many of you have NOT driven a car over 100 MPH on an empty highway? I'll wait...
I think most of us have but let's be honest.  He was pulled over at Dale Street which is downtown St Paul.  The road actually turns to parkway right around there with reduced (50 mph) speed limit at the merge with 35E.  The police patrol that stretch of road fairly often as there are a fair amount of accidents in that area as there are a few uncharacteristically tight Interstate turns as the road weaves through buildings that were there before the 35E extension was added in the late '80s..  The street video showed the road wasn't "empty".  It was stupid.  Hope the kid learns from his mistake.  

If you need an example about excessive speed, look at Gladney.  He died at the age of 25 in Texas.  The Vikings former number one pick a few years ago.

Quote: @badgervike said:
@MaroonBells said:
Show of hands...how many of you have NOT driven a car over 100 MPH on an empty highway? I'll wait...
I think most of us have but let's be honest.  He was pulled over at Dale Street which is downtown St Paul.  The road actually turns to parkway right around there with reduced (50 mph) speed limit at the merge with 35E.  The police patrol that stretch of road fairly often as there are a fair amount of accidents in that area as there are a few uncharacteristically tight Interstate turns as the road weaves through buildings that were there before the 35E extension was added in the late '80s..  The street video showed the road wasn't "empty".  It was stupid.  Hope the kid learns from his mistake.  
I don't know why we keep having to say it's stupid. I think all know that. It was stupid when we did it and it was stupid when he did it. No matter the road.

I think the point of disagreement is this: Some think he got lucky, hope he learned from it, and also hope it doesn't foretell future behavior. Others think the Vikings GM and its scouting staff should be drawn, quartered, and fired immediately for drafting such an obvious bust. 

To be perfectly honest, I'm more bothered by his dollar suit and "let's get paid" comment than I am about a 21 year old with a brand new Lamborghini seeing what she'll do in the middle of the night. Hell, I'd do that too. And I'm one helluva a nice guy. 

I do think the dog story is probably bullshit though. Guessing next we find out his dog was sick because it ate his playbook. 

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Now I wonder why he wasn't going closer to 200.  It's probably good to hear the entire story before judging.
People say anything as an excuse for reckless driving. "Wife's in labor" "child taken to hospital" "dog choking on a steak" etc. None of this is verified, it's just jotted down on the back of a citation by the officer for court purposes. Doesn't mean any of its true..

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@badgervike said:
@MaroonBells said:
I don't know why we keep having to say it's stupid. I think all know that. It was stupid when we did it and it was stupid when he did it. No matter the road.

I think the point of disagreement is this: Some think he got lucky, hope he learned from it, and also hope it doesn't foretell future behavior. Others think the Vikings GM and its scouting staff should be drawn, quartered, and fired immediately for drafting such an obvious bust. 
If he turns out to be an immature turd (and this isn't a good start) who doesn't produce for one reason or another, do you not think the GM would have some explaining to do? Would you not like to know what was uncovered or overlooked in the background process? He was the fourth of four receivers drafted in a row. Why was he the last? Did these other receiver needy organizations uncover something that made them go with a different player? All fair questions if this blows up. 

Again, nobody is rooting against Addison and we all want (and need) him to succeed. Kwesi needs it more then anyone...

Four wide receivers were selected ahead of Justin Jefferson in the 2020 NFL draft: Henry Ruggs III, Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb, and Jalen Reagor. Apparently we missed something on Justin… Wink 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@HappyViking said:
People say anything as an excuse for reckless driving. "Wife's in labor" "child taken to hospital" "dog choking on a steak" etc. None of this is verified, it's just jotted down on the back of a citation by the officer for court purposes. Doesn't mean any of its true..
So now not only is Kwesi a crap GM for drafting him. Addison is a liar! 

Quote: @Kentis said:
Four wide receivers were selected ahead of Justin Jefferson in the 2020 NFL draft: Henry Ruggs III, Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb, and Jalen Reagor. Apparently we missed something on Justin… Wink 
We missed nothing on JJ. I had him #1 in my WR rankings in 2020 and that WR class was considered to be a much stronger group. I had Addison 5th in my final rankings this year. Just happy Rick was there making the pick and took Jefferson. Kwesi would have traded the pick to Green Bay for Dean Lowry and a dozen Dunkin Donuts