Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennison out as O-Line coach
Interesting nugget from Zimmer I haven't seen anyone point out: "Phil [Rauscher] has had many opportunities to leave and we've talked him out of it". Says that he figured eventually, Rick Dennison would retire or something and Rauscher would get the opportunity
Show this thread
[Image: cJ4VLt1p_bigger.jpg]
I’ve seen plenty of foul things on here but TJ Ward is definitely the leader in the clubhouse [Image: 1f926-1f3fe-200d-2642-fe0f.svg]

Quote: @JR44 said:
Sounds like they had some issues in just letting him go so they had to create this position.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is just a title and he has little involvement with the team.  
Quote: @StickyBun said:
...like I said, Dennison won't be on this team next season.
^^^^

Hell yes to both...

Dennison will fulfill the George Costanza role in our offense planning.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]

Quote: @JR44 said:
Sounds like they had some issues in just letting him go so they had to create this position.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is just a title and he has little involvement with the team.  
He fell for the ol “title” con, eh!?   B)

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
NFL players aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.
At the same time,  how many vaccinated Yankees have gotten covid?  What percent of that roster was previously vaccinated?  If rivera was as concerned for his own situation as he claims he would be looking at what is happening and perhaps take some time off to protect himself.  The notion that he would be safe if more were vaccinated is only partially true but how much safer he would be is certainly up for debate. 

I am starting to wonder if the vaccine is really preventing covid or if its just masking its affects in so many that they aren't getting tested, and masking the effectiveness in preventing infection. 

You can still test positive for Covid after vaccination, though your chances seem much lower. However, it’s likely you’ll experience a much milder disease and a much lower chance for hospitalization and intubation w/ the jab.

Quote: @Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
At the same time,  how many vaccinated Yankees have gotten covid?  What percent of that roster was previously vaccinated?  If rivera was as concerned for his own situation as he claims he would be looking at what is happening and perhaps take some time off to protect himself.  The notion that he would be safe if more were vaccinated is only partially true but how much safer he would be is certainly up for debate. 

I am starting to wonder if the vaccine is really preventing covid or if its just masking its affects in so many that they aren't getting tested, and masking the effectiveness in preventing infection. 

You can still test positive for Covid after vaccination, though your chances seem much lower. However, it’s likely you’ll experience a much milder disease and a much lower chance for hospitalization and intubation w/ the jab.
keep explaining, the concept of mutation in a population, variants and herd immunity is just to complicated.  Hope they catch on before Lamda becomes the next new word.

Quote: @Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

How much lower though are they really?  When you have a baseball team and half the roster ( not really sure the % but its a lot over at least 2 known incidents) has tested positive after getting the vaccine i dont think an immune compromised guy should be trusting a locker room and coaching staff the size of an NFL team for his well being regardless of their vaccination status and to try and put that on a few players wrong.  I really have to question the reported effectiveness of the vaccines in preventing the spread of the virus until more is known from what we have seen.  Yes it can prevent those that get the virus from getting as ill,  but that doesn't prevent them getting sick or transmitting it to others,  and it doesn't prevent it from mutating in a vaccinated person just as it could in an infected unvaccinated person does it?

https://news.yahoo.com/breakthrough-covi...jwumo1bpf4
Nearly 3% of medical workers in a new Israeli study contracted COVID-19 even though they were vaccinated, and 19% of them still had symptoms six weeks later.
Although the vaccines were never expected to be perfect, the findings raise questions about their protection and suggest that even vaccinated people could experience long-term symptoms such as such as fatigue, brain fog and shortness of breath.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

How much lower though are they really?  When you have a baseball team and half the roster ( not really sure the % but its a lot over at least 2 known incidents) has tested positive after getting the vaccine i dont think an immune compromised guy should be trusting a locker room and coaching staff the size of an NFL team for his well being regardless of their vaccination status and to try and put that on a few players wrong.  I really have to question the reported effectiveness of the vaccines in preventing the spread of the virus until more is known from what we have seen.  Yes it can prevent those that get the virus from getting as ill,  but that doesn't prevent them getting sick or transmitting it to others,  and it doesn't prevent it from mutating in a vaccinated person just as it could in an infected unvaccinated person does it?

I read that the WTF’s have a less than 50% vaccination rate, I’d retire personally If I were Rivera. 

Quote: @greediron said:
https://news.yahoo.com/breakthrough-covi...jwumo1bpf4
Nearly 3% of medical workers in a new Israeli study contracted COVID-19 even though they were vaccinated, and 19% of them still had symptoms six weeks later.
Although the vaccines were never expected to be perfect, the findings raise questions about their protection and suggest that even vaccinated people could experience long-term symptoms such as such as fatigue, brain fog and shortness of breath.

Well 97+% sounds pretty damn good, especially for medical workers who I’m sure are exposed a lot more than most. As for fatigue, brain fog, and shortness of breath, those are also the symptoms of old age… Wink