Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodgers Future In Jeopardy
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Aaron Rodgers is "adamant" that he won't return to the Packers if Brian Gutekunst remains as the GM, per
I know these guys are all “alphas” but it always amazes me when front offices can’t make their star players/golden geese feel wanted. Going back to the 1998 Chicago Bulls, it almost never works out if you let the star leave. Pats watched Tom Brady leave just last year, how’d that go for them?

You don’t want your QB running the organization but you REALLY don’t want them going across town and winning. 

Loving all this GB drama and hope it continues. Couldn’t happen to a more humble group of fans. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@MaroonBells said:
Aaron Rodgers is "adamant" that he won't return to the Packers if Brian Gutekunst remains as the GM, per
I know these guys are all “alphas” but it always amazes me when front offices can’t make their star players/golden geese feel wanted. Going back to the 1998 Chicago Bulls, it almost never works out if you let the star leave. Pats watched Tom Brady leave just last year, how’d that go for them?

You don’t want your QB running the organization but you REALLY don’t want them going across town and winning. 

Loving all this GB drama and hope it continues. Couldn’t happen to a more humble group of fans. 
Although I will say K'Aaron isn't your average star player.  He does want to run the org in  many ways.  He always has that bitch look when dealing with people, with his teammates, with his family.

That isn't to say their front office hasn't bungled it.  kinda a beautiful combination.  

The draft is the ultimate what-if. In 2020, #Packers GM Brian Gutekunst targeted a WR. He tried to trade up for LSU WR Justin Jefferson, only to see MIN take him. He watched the #49ers trade up for ASU WR Brandon Aiyuk - another target. Then GB moved up to select… Jordan Love.

Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Not sure how accurate all the rumors are about this, but its obvious Rodgers isn't happy. No way a franchise is going to shit-can a GM that just had their team in the NFCC game. My guess is something will be worked out and Rodgers will settle down a bit, enough to play in GB this year. 

Probably, but it's fun to watch all the drama unfold in the media. Even if they do work it out, that kind of public airing of laundry doesn't just go away. And if they don't work it out? Well, then as Greed pointed out, a K'aaron-less Green Bay looks an awful lot like Detroit. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
And even bigger Wisco news than A.Rogers....

When will dining rooms at Popeye's restaurants reopen? Here's what we found out.
MANITOWOC - Hungry customers have been asking: “When can I park my car and sit inside the Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen to enjoy my spicy chicken tenders, rice and beans?"
The answer? Hopefully soon, according to Marc Rodriguez, CEO of SmitCo Eateries, located in Springdale, Arizona, which owns and is building Popeye’s restaurants throughout eastern Wisconsin.

SmitCo has been on a fast track to build Popeye’s restaurants in Wisconsin. The development company signed a five-year contract a few years ago to build 15 units in the Fox River Valley area, Rodriguez said. They have locations in Manitowoc, Green Bay, Appleton and Fond du Lac, and are working with city administrators to bring stores to Oshkosh, Sheboygan and a second location in Green Bay.
The existing locations set sales records when they opened, with customers waiting in drive-through lines sometimes for hours to order a chicken sandwich. Manitowoc’s Popeye's opened in 2019 in a high-traffic area on Calumet Avenue, at the site of a former Hardee’s fast-food restaurant.
Popeyes has other locations in Wisconsin, including in Milwaukee, Racine, Janesville, Wauwatosa, DeForest and Fitchburg.
https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/sto...858166001/
Calling the inside of a Popeye's a "dining room" is charitable.

Zach Kruse
@zachkruse2
· 45m
Ummmmmmmmmmmm, @RapSheet just said the Packers releasing Jake Kumerow almost immediately after Aaron Rodgers praised him was described as a "death knell" in the relationship

Lolololol. Now that's a hill to die on. Lolololol

[Image: bj3xsgyk9vaf.png]

who  the hell is Jake Kumerow?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1388182789816606725

This will be the one and only time you'll see me quote this numb skull.