Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump declares himself a dictator
Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
@"greediron" said:

no wonder most have you on ignore.  You can't discuss anything without going into a disgusting rant.
I did it to a prove a point.  Feel free to show how many other “disgusting rants” I posted.  You sound like Joe Buck.  

Like my feelings are hurt if some people have me on ignore ... sorry I don’t feel the need for validation like A1.
All you did was prove that you are incapable of  having a conversation or debate.  Well done. 

Joe Buck, lol.  I am so hurt. So either go vulgar or lob marshmallows? Guess that is why you go vulgar.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:
@"greediron" said:

no wonder most have you on ignore.  You can't discuss anything without going into a disgusting rant.
I did it to a prove a point.  Feel free to show how many other “disgusting rants” I posted.  You sound like Joe Buck.  

Like my feelings are hurt if some people have me on ignore ... sorry I don’t feel the need for validation like A1.
All you did was prove that you are incapable of  having a conversation or debate.  Well done. 

Joe Buck, lol.  I am so hurt. So either go vulgar or lob marshmallows? Guess that is why you go vulgar.

All you did is still not prove any other “disgusting rants” by me.  Go ahead and post the others, I am still waiting.

Yes Joe Buck.  Act all disgusted over one crass comment, something that’s not any worse than Trump’s lockerroom talk.

Now you find a moral compass?

Oh pardon me, I thought we were encouraged to tell it like it is.  Now you flipped another 180 back to having superior morals?

Pffffft

Make up your mind - either you’re for decency or against it.  But if you now claim to be for it and still support Trump ....

I am just waiting for your head to explode.  Fish don’t flip flop this much.

Hahaha

If you are against Trump’s poor language about women, then be against against Biden’s touching little girls inappropriately ... and against Biden’s rape ... and against Hollywood’s casting couch ... and against Harvey Weinsten ... and against Bill Clinton’s rapes ... and against Bill Clinton having sex with Monica as a young intern ... 

Clearly this is about the disagreement over policies.  

@"greediron" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:
@"greediron" said:

All you did is still not prove any other “disgusting rants” by me.  Go ahead and post the others, I am still waiting.

Yes Joe Buck.  Act all disgusted over one crass comment, something that’s not any worse than Trump’s lockerroom talk.

Now you find a moral compass?

Oh pardon me, I thought we were encouraged to tell it like it is.  Now you flipped another 180 back to having superior morals?

Pffffft

Make up your mind - either you’re for decency or against it.  But if you now claim to be for it and still support Trump ....

I am just waiting for your head to explode.  Fish don’t flip flop this much.

Your incoherent rambling makes no sense.  I never agreed to "prove" anything.  I quoted your disgusting reply to Jimmy. As to rants, I would say every post qualifies.  As to Joe Buck?  Whatever floats your marshmallow boat. 

Back to ignoring you.

Trumps a d!ck...but now he's a tater?
Here I just thought he was just a Cheeto.

You guys really need another excuse than the “Orange man bad” 1 note tune you all trumpet every time Trump fucks up.  

I understand when you have no excuses for his immoral, anti-Constitutional behavior and sheer assholeness this is your favorite go-to standby response ...

Just remember if this guy was a liberal Democrat you would all be going apeshit so stop pretending it’s no big deal.  Didn’t GOP call Obama a dictator for having the gall to try and get everyone healthcare?  Now Trump claims “absolute authority” over states and you complain that we are whining because “Trump said mean things”?

Oh my, the hyperbole.  

Re: ObamaCare, 'we declared' it un-constitutional as a violation of the Commerce Clause. Lost 5-4. 
      Justice Roberts had to coerce the Obama Counsel that "they really should call it a tax" (to their protests).... and saved it.  

I know you've been triggered by Trump's reaction (that Jimmy explained why might have happened) the other day.....

HOWEVER.....
As I said on page 1.... the Constitution/statutes cedes large power(s) to the executive, during a foreign-borne pandemic. 
2 confirmations of this, 1 from the libertarian-right American Enterprise Institue and 1 from left-leaning Politico:

From AEI (link
Pull quote:  
"Within the federal government, the executive branch bears the primary responsibility for confronting the pandemic because of the unique features of the executive. In explaining the need for a vigorous executive branch, Alexander Hamilton wrote in Federalist 70 that “Energy in the executive is a leading character in the definition of good government. It is essential to the protection of the community against foreign attacks; it is not less essential to the steady administration of the laws.”The coronavirus, with its foreign origin and its rapid spread through our population, is precisely the type of crisis for which executive action is most suited."From Politico (link
Pull quote:  
Federal law gives Trump vast emergency powers in times of pandemic. He could direct the quarantine of people arriving in the United States who exhibit certain symptoms or even if they’re just suspected of having the virus. He could have the federal government detain individuals if their illness might wind up crossing state lines.  And under regulations revised and reissued just before Trump entered office, the government can stop and seize any plane, train or automobile to stymie the spread of contagious disease. Some even interpret the statute as meaning a president could deploy the military to cordon off a city or state. “The federal public health power is pretty awesome … awe-inspiring in its breadth,” said Wendy Parmet, a law professor at Northeastern University"
So...there we have it.  2 different-sided sources that admit vast federal/executive power during a pandemic, right there in the Constitution/federal statutes.  
And surely Trump has been advised he has these powers.  
Why are you so verklempt?  Has Trump taken any "dictatorial" action(s)?  
I would say no.  Even Politico has admitted  Trump has largely deferred to State's Governors (link)... despite the (above) admission he (Trump) has broad powers...and despite your triggered response to his (I admit, in-artful) comment, the other day. 

So long America, it was a nice run ...
Oh Geez.