Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So..... Turkey. Not good.
Quote: @A1Janitor said:
LOL your intention was not what you pretend.

You know I do not value your opinion so what were trying to accomplish?  A little more passive aggressive rino stuff?

Bait post it was.  
No, I said there is no need for bait with you.  No need to troll when the fish are flopping in the boat.  LMAO RINO.  And it bothers me not that YOU don't value my opinion. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@A1Janitor said:
LOL your intention was not what you pretend.

You know I do not value your opinion so what were trying to accomplish?  A little more passive aggressive rino stuff?

Bait post it was.  
No, I said there is no need for bait with you.  No need to troll when the fish are flopping in the boat.  LMAO RINO.  And it bothers me not that YOU don't value my opinion. 
Fuck with someone else. 

Trump is sending 1800 troops to Saudi Arabia. That decision was made two days after the Turkey decision and proclamation of "bringing the troops home and ending endless wars". The move is to deter Iran.

Quote: @"Donald Trump" said:
The United States has spent EIGHT TRILLION DOLLARS fighting and policing in the Middle East. Thousands of our Great Soldiers have died or been badly wounded. Millions of people have died on the other side. GOING INTO THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE WORST DECISION EVER MADE...

...IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY! We went to war under a false & now disproven premise, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. There were NONE! Now we are slowly & carefully bringing our great soldiers & military home. Our focus is on the BIG PICTURE! THE USA IS GREATER THAN EVER BEFORE!

Pls note that I personally agree with the move. My question is to those that supported him pulling out of Syria because to them it was time to bring the troops home and not "help" others and police the world. In their words it was a great idea because there was no point sending US soldiers to die so some politicians should make money. I want to know how they defend this.

Maybe there is intel that Iran was going to attack our troops?

I read the SA force is defensive not offensive.  

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
Maybe there is intel that Iran was going to attack our troops?

I read the SA force is defensive not offensive.

You crack me up. So if there was such Intel (that only a few of you know) why did he not immediately pull out the troops like he did with Turkey? Hint "bring our troops home".

So based on your logic he sends more troops so they fight over there. How about he just pulls them out so they are not attacked (based on your intel)?

FYI our troops were not fighting in Syria. They were training the locals. So I dont get the defensive vs offensive arguement.

Quote:@"Brian H. Hook" said:

“The troops that we are sending into Saudi and the enhanced assets are defensive,’’ said Brian H. Hook, the State Department’s special representative for Iran. “They are there to defend our interests and to help Saudi defend itself.
How is the bold different from what we were doing in Syria? Let me guess....we had no interest in Syria right?
Even the state department finds it hard to explain the difference between the two but I'll leave that up to you.
You sure have intel that those at the state department don't have.

Lastly, your original stance was to bring them home. At least you can agree that this mive is certainly not bringing our troops home and Trump really is not bringing these 1800 troops home is he?

Quote: @greediron said:
@pumpf said:
@Mike Olson said:
@pumpf said:
@mblack said:
@pumpf said:
I agree.  So do alot of Republicans.  
I know that there are a bunch of Democrats opposed to it, too... but is it because Trump did it (and they reflexively oppose everything he does) or because they genuinely care about the Kurds.

From 2015: https://www.investors.com/politics/edito...the-kurds/

And this link says that it's not (technically?) the Kurds we're abandoning, but rather the YPG, which has been connected to a terrorist group: https://www.aa.com.tr/en/americas/obama-...rt/1605149

So now I'm not sure what to think.  Time to do some more research.  Unfortunately, we can't just assume that the headlines are accurate or true anymore.
So how does this have anything to do with the decision made by Trump (even when many told him was not a good idea) that resulted in the civilians being killed?
This is not 2015 nor is Obama president. These killings are a result of a decision the US President made a few days ago - a few days ago again I repeat.
You really are not sure about what to think? 

Well, who put our troops there in the first place?  What did Obama do about this situation when he was in office?  Although Trump's decision may not have a direct link to Obama, you can bet there are all kinds of indirect links.  Of course, I'm honest enough to admit that I don't know everything about this issue.  I do know that I don't think it's a good idea... and, as I said, most Republicans seem to agree.

What still makes me wonder: is if liberals are ACTUALLY opposed to pulling troops out of a foreign war... or if they just- automatically- oppose everything that Trump does.

I see alot of virtue-signaling in this thread... but very little substance.  That tells me that people here don't understand the issue any better than I do... but Orange Man Bad, so here they are.

Meanwhile thousands of American children were aborted today.  And yesterday.  And the day before that...
Just fucking stop already. Right now kids and civilians are being slaughtered. And you are a man of the faith. Just fucking stop. We turned our backs on our allies and they are slaughtering people. these are the people that agreed to fight them there so that we didn't have to fight them here. And we left them high and dry. It's disgusting and anyone that doesn't call it that is a yellow bellied shallow shit heel. If you served you KNOW this is completely fucked up.

This isn't team red and team blue. It makes me sick to my stomach and it should you too. 
Mike,
I love ya... but this is pure BS.  First of all, I already said that I agreed that this was a bad move.  But that wasn't enough for you.  You wanted Trump's head on a platter, which I didn't give you.  So, for that reason, you tell me to stop.  I didn't defend Trump.  I did confess that there is probably more to this issue than just Orange Man Bad.  And that's the problem for you.  It is.  You should just admit that you don't care one iota about the people being killed; all you care about is finding (yet another) reason to attack Trump.  The proof is in the posts: there have been all kinds of atrocities committed in the world.  And you haven 't commented on any of them that Trump can't be blamed for.  A few years ago there were stories about the systematic execution of Christians in Muslim countries.  Hundreds of Christians being killed each day... and thousands more being attacked and displaced.  Did you EVER say one word about it?  Nope.  Why not?  Because there was no way to blame Trump for it (Obama was president).

Isn't it strange that the ONLY atrocities you care about... are the ones that you can blame on President Trump?  This isn't in any way to defend Trump.  It's to point out your hypocrisy.  If you care about people, you ought to care about all of them- not just the ones that further your political agenda / personal vendetta.

By the way: a long time ago, you once disregarded my concerns about Obama by asking, "How has it changed your life?"  So I will ask you the same question: How- personally- has anything that Trump has done changed your life?
Funny that all of the sudden the left now care about Christians in the middle east.  After all these years, it is nice to know they do have a heart.
I'm still not sure that they do... unless Trump can be blamed for it.

Quote: @pumpf said:
@greediron said:
@pumpf said:
@Mike Olson said:
@pumpf said:
@mblack said:
@pumpf said:
I agree.  So do alot of Republicans.  
I know that there are a bunch of Democrats opposed to it, too... but is it because Trump did it (and they reflexively oppose everything he does) or because they genuinely care about the Kurds.

From 2015: https://www.investors.com/politics/edito...the-kurds/

And this link says that it's not (technically?) the Kurds we're abandoning, but rather the YPG, which has been connected to a terrorist group: https://www.aa.com.tr/en/americas/obama-...rt/1605149

So now I'm not sure what to think.  Time to do some more research.  Unfortunately, we can't just assume that the headlines are accurate or true anymore.
So how does this have anything to do with the decision made by Trump (even when many told him was not a good idea) that resulted in the civilians being killed?
This is not 2015 nor is Obama president. These killings are a result of a decision the US President made a few days ago - a few days ago again I repeat.
You really are not sure about what to think? 

Well, who put our troops there in the first place?  What did Obama do about this situation when he was in office?  Although Trump's decision may not have a direct link to Obama, you can bet there are all kinds of indirect links.  Of course, I'm honest enough to admit that I don't know everything about this issue.  I do know that I don't think it's a good idea... and, as I said, most Republicans seem to agree.

What still makes me wonder: is if liberals are ACTUALLY opposed to pulling troops out of a foreign war... or if they just- automatically- oppose everything that Trump does.

I see alot of virtue-signaling in this thread... but very little substance.  That tells me that people here don't understand the issue any better than I do... but Orange Man Bad, so here they are.

Meanwhile thousands of American children were aborted today.  And yesterday.  And the day before that...
Just fucking stop already. Right now kids and civilians are being slaughtered. And you are a man of the faith. Just fucking stop. We turned our backs on our allies and they are slaughtering people. these are the people that agreed to fight them there so that we didn't have to fight them here. And we left them high and dry. It's disgusting and anyone that doesn't call it that is a yellow bellied shallow shit heel. If you served you KNOW this is completely fucked up.

This isn't team red and team blue. It makes me sick to my stomach and it should you too. 
Mike,
I love ya... but this is pure BS.  First of all, I already said that I agreed that this was a bad move.  But that wasn't enough for you.  You wanted Trump's head on a platter, which I didn't give you.  So, for that reason, you tell me to stop.  I didn't defend Trump.  I did confess that there is probably more to this issue than just Orange Man Bad.  And that's the problem for you.  It is.  You should just admit that you don't care one iota about the people being killed; all you care about is finding (yet another) reason to attack Trump.  The proof is in the posts: there have been all kinds of atrocities committed in the world.  And you haven 't commented on any of them that Trump can't be blamed for.  A few years ago there were stories about the systematic execution of Christians in Muslim countries.  Hundreds of Christians being killed each day... and thousands more being attacked and displaced.  Did you EVER say one word about it?  Nope.  Why not?  Because there was no way to blame Trump for it (Obama was president).

Isn't it strange that the ONLY atrocities you care about... are the ones that you can blame on President Trump?  This isn't in any way to defend Trump.  It's to point out your hypocrisy.  If you care about people, you ought to care about all of them- not just the ones that further your political agenda / personal vendetta.

By the way: a long time ago, you once disregarded my concerns about Obama by asking, "How has it changed your life?"  So I will ask you the same question: How- personally- has anything that Trump has done changed your life?
Funny that all of the sudden the left now care about Christians in the middle east.  After all these years, it is nice to know they do have a heart.
I'm still not sure that they do... unless Trump can be blamed for it.
Funny that all of a sudden conservatives don't care about ISIS, or fighting radical Muslim terrorists because they sure throw a shit fit when these refugess from Syria show up at our door and we fuck them over a 2nd time after letting their homeland be destroyed.  Super duper Christian move ....

Nobody is against bringing home the troops.  Do you think I want my brother deploying to his 3rd tour of duty in a combat zone over there next week?  Some of us actually have family in harm's way in the Middle East. 

It's this un-planned, rubberneck, knee-jerk, spur of the moment decision that has the military upset.  You want to withdraw, fine but let's fucking PLAN IT.  

But you lemmings don't see this it, his entire foreign policy in a nutshell, no thought or planning, no advice, just pull the rug out from under people.  

And you want to tell me how Turkey had so many troops and supplies and equipment ready to go to launch attacks the very next day?  You think that wasn't pre-planned??  They fucking knew it because Trump tipped them off.

But again, Trump slurpers can see no fault in his "great wisdom", because we all know he knows more than all his generals, which is why he fired them. 

And again, coincidentally yet another move that benefits Russia while fucking over an actual ally.  Never thought Republicans would be the ones to abandon US military support, embrace communism and pledge loyalty to Russia while chastising our allies ...

Fucking traitors.

Quote: @mblack said:
Trump is sending 1800 troops to Saudi Arabia. That decision was made two days after the Turkey decision and proclamation of "bringing the troops home and ending endless wars". The move is to deter Iran.

@"Donald Trump" said:
The United States has spent EIGHT TRILLION DOLLARS fighting and policing in the Middle East. Thousands of our Great Soldiers have died or been badly wounded. Millions of people have died on the other side. GOING INTO THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE WORST DECISION EVER MADE...

...IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY! We went to war under a false & now disproven premise, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. There were NONE! Now we are slowly & carefully bringing our great soldiers & military home. Our focus is on the BIG PICTURE! THE USA IS GREATER THAN EVER BEFORE!

Pls note that I personally agree with the move. My question is to those that supported him pulling out of Syria because to them it was time to bring the troops home and not "help" others and police the world. In their words it was a great idea because there was no point sending US soldiers to die so some politicians should make money. I want to know how they defend this.
Well. Trump is awesome and he can do what he thinks is best as commander in chief!!!!.....

No just kidding. Fuck him. Bring the troops home. If we would build some refineries able to refine our own fracked oil we could let the middle east do what its going to do. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@mblack said:

@"Donald Trump" said:

Well. Trump is awesome and he can do what he thinks is best as commander in chief!!!!.....

No just kidding. Fuck him. Bring the troops home. If we would build some refineries able to refine our own fracked oil we could let the middle east do what its going to do. 

Funny ... the ones against fracking and using our resources, the left ... their families were making bank from Ukraine oil companies.  And they make money off needless wars. 

Shocker. 

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
Funny that all of a sudden conservatives don't care about ISIS, or fighting radical Muslim terrorists because they sure throw a shit fit when these refugess from Syria show up at our door and we fuck them over a 2nd time after letting their homeland be destroyed.  Super duper Christian move ....

Nobody is against bringing home the troops.  Do you think I want my brother deploying to his 3rd tour of duty in a combat zone over there next week?  Some of us actually have family in harm's way in the Middle East. 

It's this un-planned, rubberneck, knee-jerk, spur of the moment decision that has the military upset.  You want to withdraw, fine but let's fucking PLAN IT.  

But you lemmings don't see this it, his entire foreign policy in a nutshell, no thought or planning, no advice, just pull the rug out from under people.  

And you want to tell me how Turkey had so many troops and supplies and equipment ready to go to launch attacks the very next day?  You think that wasn't pre-planned??  They fucking knew it because Trump tipped them off.

But again, Trump slurpers can see no fault in his "great wisdom", because we all know he knows more than all his generals, which is why he fired them. 

And again, coincidentally yet another move that benefits Russia while fucking over an actual ally.  Never thought Republicans would be the ones to abandon US military support, embrace communism and pledge loyalty to Russia while chastising our allies ...

Fucking traitors.
Funny thing is... most of the conservatives that I have seen are against Trump's decision to pull out of Syria.  And, as I've stated multiple times, I'm against it, too.  So... who are you shouting at?  Yes, there are some hard-core Trump supporters that will- pretty much- go along with whatever he says or does.  But that's not me.  Nor is it the case in this situation.  So, again: who are you shouting at?