Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trump No Fan Of Free Speech
Quote: @"KingBash" said:
Well yeah, I guess that was what I meant. Coming out of the wood work meaning they're front and center now. I know they didn't just decide to think like this when he was elected. They always have, but now they feel like they have a voice. 

As for the fake news thing... that's just gone way, way too far. It's good to keep CNN, MSNBC, etc. in check. It's another to write off facts they present as fake or "alternative facts" because Trump and his cronies don't like them. Take his op-ed for example. His supporters will read that and rejoice over how well he's doing. But a simple check done by the "fake news" media literally refutes like 70% of his article as untruthful... using FACTS. But his supporters don't want to hear it. It's so incredibly peculiar to me. 
They've always been around (at least in Illinois)... see?

[Image: df6be7511c1f6cf7e76d9b3a80dc1889.gif]

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
About that free speech thing...

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/10/13/st...tball-game
*sigh*

Oh, Fox News.* Never disappoints.

And you know, I could easily find a link where Trump/his supporters silenced "the left." What's your point?

*Being serious, I have a text thread with three other friends who all pretty much see eye to eye on politics. We all hate Trump, none of us are politically correct, except one of us we all hate Hillary, etc. Just for some perspective... But every now and then one of us will simply screenshot the front page of Fox News and we just laugh. It's such an echo chamber of Trump nonsense. Bibles, military, anti-Hillary/Obama, American flags... There was one story about some guy running for Senate who advocated for legal rape, advocated pedophilia, was a white supremacist, etc... and the Fox News spin was that he was allowed to run because of a law a big bad Democrat was responsible for. The whole "No Spin Zone" O'Reilly used to pinch out for that network, and it's literally nothing but that: spin. When I can unplug and watch this all unfold from the sidelines, Fox News is really good for a laugh.

Quote: @"KingBash" said:
@"pumpf" said:

*sigh*

And you know, I could easily find a link where Trump/his supporters silenced "the left." What's your point?

*Being serious, I have a text thread with three other friends who all pretty much see eye to eye on politics. We all hate Trump, none of us are politically correct, except one of us we all hate Hillary, etc. Just for some perspective... But every now and then one of us will simply screenshot the front page of Fox News and we just laugh. It's such an echo chamber of Trump nonsense. Bibles, military, anti-Hillary/Obama, American flags... There was one story about some guy running for Senate who advocated for legal rape, advocated pedophilia, was a white supremacist, etc... and the Fox News spin was that he was allowed to run because of a law a big bad Democrat was responsible for. The whole "No Spin Zone" O'Reilly used to pinch out for that network, and it's literally nothing but that: spin. When I can unplug and watch this all unfold from the sidelines, Fox News is really good for a laugh.
C'mon now: just because it's on the Fox News website, that doesn't make it "false news".  Here, if it makes you feel better (a link to the actual, local news story): https://abc11.com/4456547/

That being sad, I don't really visit Fox News.  In fact, I haven't turned to that channel (or website) until the most recent behavior of the Democrats.  They (the liberals) keep driving me away from trying to be "independent".  It's not like I love the Republicans; it's just that the Democrats are so much worse (in my opinion, any way). 

By the way, I would welcome a link showing how the "left" has been (actually, not theoretically) silenced- especially since it would be "easy" for you.  B)

Also: regardless of how you feel about me, I genuinely appreciate your honesty.   Even when you have a polar opposite opinion of someone else, you (usually) are able to remain civil.   And you're one of my favorite posters because of it.  Have a great weekend!

@"KingBash" said:
@"pumpf" said:

*sigh*

C'mon now: just because it's on the Fox News website, that doesn't make it "false news".  Here, if it makes you feel better (a link to the actual, local news story): https://abc11.com/4456547/

That being sad, I don't really visit Fox News.  In fact, I haven't turned to that channel (or website) until the most recent behavior of the Democrats.  They (the liberals) keep driving me away from trying to be "independent".  It's not like I love the Republicans; it's just that the Democrats are so much worse (in my opinion, any way). 

By the way, I would welcome a link showing how the "left" has been (actually, not theoretically) silenced- especially since it would be "easy" for you.  B)
Oh sorry. I wasn't suggesting that story was false in anyway. I was saying, "Of COURSE this would be something they'd cover." And the response from conservatives is that the MSM won't cover this. Well... no, probably not.

As for the vice-versa to this freedom of speech issue: I'd go much more broad and MUCH more troublesome than a kid not being able to wear a jersey. Trump's war on the media is downright scary. As I stated above with the whole "fake news thing. It's not that he's silencing the fourth estate, he's delegitimizing them. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45204397

And sorry, but aside from some false reporting here and there, it's largely because they call him out on his shit and he has a temper tantrum. Fox News is his favorite because they essentially work for him (especially now that Hope Hicks was put in charge). 

As for the difference between hate and violence; yep, there's a difference.  I assume that you'd say that violence was worse.  Well, you can accuse Trump (or anyone else) of "hating" others... but right now there's only one "side" that is openly advocating for violence against those with whom they disagree.  Gee, who could that be?  (I know... it's OK when THEY do it...) 
And since we're both going back and forth on this Saturday night:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/far-right-...n-new-york

One side? I appreciate your honesty as well, so let's acknowledge it's not just one side. From where I sit, this kind of stuff looks like a scene out of American History X. If you haven't caught up on who the Proud Boys are, Google them. They're both scary and pathetical losers at the same time. These are men who can't get laid, they have tons of pent up aggression, so they joined this fruity club to feel masculine. 

Proud Boys = Antifa.  Both are shit groups with shitty people. 

Antifa gets praised by MSM and some politicians.  Both groups can be described by KB's last two sentences "Both scary and pathetic".  But once again only one of those HATE groups seem to looked down upon.  Antifa loves the "punch a nazi" slogan, only problem is... if there's no nazis to punch they just start punching people...
https://torontosun.com/2017/08/30/undeserved-praise-for-antifas-thugs/wcm/7a35b36d-6e4e-417a-b706-388bc8a0bcb1 

The counter-protest digressed into a riot, and Antifa thugs began
setting fires, vandalizing private property and pelting police officers
with smoke bombs, fireworks and glass bottles.

One man, who was carrying a Quebec flag, was brutally assaulted with bricks.
Another
man, a journalist covering the protests for Global News, was thrown
down a flight of stairs and his cameraman’s camera was smashed.

An anonymous letter posted later on an anarchist website defended the use of violence against police and journalists.

There is no room for political violence in our free society.
We should work out our differences through speech, reasoned debate and peaceful demonstrations — not brute force.
Just
as conservatives universally condemned the alt-right after
Charlottesville, it’s now the left’s turn to condemn and disavow the
violent anarchists in Antifa.

Quote: @"Bezerker88" said:
Proud Boys = Antifa.  Both are shit groups with shitty people. 

Antifa gets praised by MSM and some politicians.  Both groups can be described by KB's last two sentences "Both scary and pathetic".  But once again only one of those HATE groups seem to looked down upon.  Antifa loves the "punch a nazi" slogan, only problem is... if there's no nazis to punch they just start punching people...
https://torontosun.com/2017/08/30/undeserved-praise-for-antifas-thugs/wcm/7a35b36d-6e4e-417a-b706-388bc8a0bcb1 

The counter-protest digressed into a riot, and Antifa thugs began
setting fires, vandalizing private property and pelting police officers
with smoke bombs, fireworks and glass bottles.

One man, who was carrying a Quebec flag, was brutally assaulted with bricks.
Another
man, a journalist covering the protests for Global News, was thrown
down a flight of stairs and his cameraman’s camera was smashed.

An anonymous letter posted later on an anarchist website defended the use of violence against police and journalists.

There is no room for political violence in our free society.
We should work out our differences through speech, reasoned debate and peaceful demonstrations — not brute force.
Just
as conservatives universally condemned the alt-right after
Charlottesville, it’s now the left’s turn to condemn and disavow the
violent anarchists in Antifa.

Hey, all I was doing was pointing out that pumpf said it's all one-sided (meaning antifa). Far from it. And my whole point: where I see a bunch of angry, virgin white guys running around playing dress-up, I stand up and say that that doesn't represent the majority of white people. Conservatives say, "Antifa is just as bad!" I'm NOT saying anybody on this board support the proud boys, it's a difference in approach to the problem. In my opinion, the approach many take in this thread only seems to divide us further. I can't speak up and/or control what minority groups do or how they should act as a white guy. What I can do is not act like a victim and say openly, "We can do better." To me, that's a better starting place to calm things down.

I wasn't saying that you were trying to say the some here supported PBs or "attack" what you said at all.  That's why I didn't quote you and just used what you said about one group to describe both groups.  Antifa is shit.  Proud Boys are shit.  Both want to make America into something it's not.  One side seems to have found acceptance is a major political party while the other is relegated to being a "fringe" group, as it should be, as BOTH should be. 

But it's game day so I'm not gonna waste time talking about political shit...  Enjoy the game! 

There are very fine people on both sides.