Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Cousins be resigned? (SPOILER ALERT.... NO!)
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Per Dianna Russini, the Vikings expect to know by tonight if Cousins intends on testing free agency or not. 

I can only assume this means he has by tonight to accept the offer we've made him or decline it and test free agency. I just don't see if he declines why we would increase the offer and I think if he hits free agency we have to assume he is gone unless he comes crawling back to take our offer, which I don't see happening. 
I think he's going to see what the Falcons official offer is and then give the Vikings a chance to match it. At that point, there is no more speculation, no more guessing. An offer will finally establish what his market really is.
Does anyone really believe Kirko doesnt know what the Falcons are officially going to offer by now?  

I think he does...Lots of whispers he was already down there last week (private jet). Could be rubbish, who knows???

Tea leaves are telling me he hasn't signed with the Vikings yet because their offer isnt going to be accepted. 

Hope I am dead wrong about it. 

I think the visit and the offer would qualify as tampering. But yeah, he probably has an idea. But he also knows that what he gets on Monday will be their best offer--the offer that shows how much they want him.

Tomorrow is going to be very interesting. 
If he makes it to FA its over imo...

They'll try to soothe KOC, maybe provide him with some therapy for good measure. 

We'll watch the franchise pivot to a bridge qb and pray; pray real hard for some luck @QB in the draft. 

If Kirk walks and I’m KOC, I’m literally demanding the FO move up to provide me a difference maker at QB in the draft. 

If they stick him with a Darnold, Z. Wilson or Tannehill he’s gonna try to make chicken salad outta chicken shit. But this kinda thing is what causes riffs between coaching staffs and front offices. 
Agree. I sorta sense a tension between the two already. I think KOC is a little aggravated the FO has let it even get to this point. 
You mean to tell me the kumbaya kulture of kollaboration is already falling apart? Say it ain't so!

Per Pellisario this evening, Cousins has informed the Vikings he will be testing free agency..

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Per Pellisario this evening, Cousins has informed the Vikings he will be testing free agency..
Welp. The fat lady ain’t singing yet but dress rehearsal is over. Jeez.

If he’s gone, I have mixed emotions. The range of outcomes couldn’t be wider and this could absolutely be a blessing or a curse. Hmm

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Welp. The fat lady ain’t singing yet but dress rehersal is over. Jeez.

If he’s gone, I have mixed emotions. The range of outcomes couldn’t be wider and this could absolutely be a blessing or a curse. Hmm
Pretty much how I feel. It's like you knew the end was coming one way or another in the not too distant future, but I just wish we were better positioned to address his departure without having to "give up the farm" to draft someone. It's a shitty position to be in but the front office and ownership has nobody to blame but themselves 

I still hope he stays, but I've watched "my" QBs come and go since touchdown Tommy...so...it's part of it.

I just hate the timing. The o-line actually DID get better last season, the defense DID make strides, and in both cases, that was the first real progress in years. I'd love for him to be part of the continued improvement, and actually get to reap the rewards.

Odds are not favoring it now. Vikings drew a line. For better or worse.

Wilson to PIT. Baker back to TB. Mac to JAC. The QB moves are coming fast and furious. Seems like we’ll have an answer on Kirk very soon. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
The surprise to me wasn't that he will be testing free agency. I thought that was pretty much a done deal. The surprise to me was that there was, up until last night, a chance he might not. So I really don't see us in a different place than we were yesterday.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Oh let the wackiness begin!

https://www.si.com/nfl/falcons/news/atla...elds-trade
The complete ridiculousness of that "story" makes total sense when you see that the original source is Lacanfora:  https://www.outkick.com/media-analysis/c...ws-stories