Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...Trumplestilskin is Skipping the Debate. SHOCKER!
Quote: @savannahskol said:
@savannahskol said:
@VikingOracle said:
Well, I guess it has been corroborated now.

"Kelly set the record straight by confirming on the record a series of damning stories about Trump’s closed-door statements attacking U.S. soldiers and veterans, and listing a series of offensive comments that Kelly witnessed firsthand from Trump."

“What else can I add that hasn’t been said?” Kelly said when asked if he wanted to comment on his former boss in light of recent comments from other former Trump officials. “A person who thinks that those who defend their country in uniform, are shot down or seriously wounded in battle, or are tortured for years as prisoners of war, are all ‘idiots’ because ‘there’s nothing in it for them.'” A person , who didn’t want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because “it doesn’t look good on me.” A person who, during the 2016 election campaign, demonstrated on television open contempt for a Gold Star family – for all Gold Star families – and raved that our most precious heroes who gave their lives defending America were “losers” and would not visit their graves in France.

In the statement, Kelly goes on record to confirm a number of details from a 2020 article by editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg in The Atlantic, including Trump’s address to Kelly on Memorial Day 2017 as they stood among those killed in Afghanistan and Iraq in Section 60 of the Arlington National Cemetery and said, “I don’t understand. What did they get out of it?”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4235005-john-kelly-confirms-trumps-suckers-remark-about-war-dead/

https://ustoday.news/john-kelly-says-he-confirms-several-disturbing-stories-about-trump/

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/02/politics/john-kelly-donald-trump-us-service-members-veterans/index.html
Hey!  There we go!  
A semblance of journalism...Tapper got the source (Kelly) to go OTR! 

But....OH NOES!  Not John Kelly!  Who is, according to your fellow travelers,  is a big, fat, racist liar!

He specifically also stated that he believes The Atlantic’s sources “are unlikely first hand accounts.”
“They are conflating those people from something the day after,” Fuentes said.
(Actually the list of JK= liar, is incredibly long.  I opted for brevity)
So was Kelly lying then, or now?   

Upon further review... John Kelly's Chief of Staff....denied the Atlantic's story, months ago.

Exclusive: Zach Fuentes, Top Aide to John Kelly, Denies Atlantic Story About Trump
“You can put me on record denying that I spoke with The Atlantic,” Fuentes told Breitbart News on Monday. “I don’t know who the sources are. I did not hear POTUS call anyone losers when I told him about the weather. Honestly, do you think General Kelly would have stood by and let ANYONE call fallen Marines losers?”

The fact that Fuentes—Kelly’s closest ally—is now publicly denying the report from The Atlantic is a monstrous strike against the credibility of the report. Several Trump critics, including former National Security Adviser John Bolton, have also denied this happened.Every person who was allegedly in the room who has spoken up so far has denied the account of what happened. Fuentes’ denial deals another strike against The Atlantic’s credibility.

^^ so, after that ^^ denial, (when it happened)...and Kelly never challenged/corrected his own Chief of Staff, when the denial happened.....

Kelly NOW goes "on the record", and I would love to give him benefit of the doubt.  But his chance to "go bold" vs Trump, has long since past believabilty. 

Hey, I'm sure no one else is gonna testify agai...oops.

https://apnews.com/article/jenna-ellis-plea-deal-georgia-election-case-c4dbacd3e4bbb5415ebd3d42d8fa3128

"Ellis is also accused of urging state legislators to unlawfully appoint a set of presidential electors loyal to Trump at a hearing in Pennsylvania, and she later appeared with some of those lawmakers and Trump at a meeting on the topic at the White House. The indictment further says she similarly pushed state lawmakers to back false, pro-Trump electors in Georgia as well as Arizona and Michigan."

Gosh, it's kinda all all of that obvious election BS was obvious election BS....

He keeps...well, being who I say he is.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/trump-says-his-biggest-campaign-promise-in-2016-was-always-a-sham

"Now, sitting on the outside and asking GOP voters to give him the nomination once again, Trump admits it was all a charade. In Iowa, Trump said that “we all had a lot of fun” but “there was no legal instrument” to make Mexico pay for the wall. That thing he promised time and again, both as a candidate and all the way to his last days as president, was never possible. Not only that, according to Trump, you are a “loser” if you point out that Mexico never paid for the wall that Trump promised it would pay for."

So, believing the sunkist savior makes people losers...do I have that right?

I did watch some of the debate last night...

For me personally:

Arrow Up
Haley
Christie

Arrow Down:
Ramaswamy

IDGAF:
Scott
DeSantos

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I did watch some of the debate last night...

For me personally:

Arrow Up
Haley
Christie

Arrow Down:
Ramaswamy

IDGAF:
Scott
DeSantos
I basically concur, though ol' Vivek is truly painting himself as a really sh***y dude in these proceedings.  I think it's hilarious that he demands accountability from the GOP leadship, but has his campaign do the gutless little walk-back on his "nazi" stupidity. Also...going after Haley's daughter? Going after opponents' children, ever?

Wow, kids. Classless meets mindless, with a side of gutless.

Also, at this point, wanting Musk (whose own stockholders don't want him speaking) and Tucker "I love rape and murder campaigns!" Carlson to "moderate" anything would have been like having Charles Manson and Rosie O'Donnell officiating a summit on deadly force in law enforcement.

Joe Rogan gets a minor pass. Every time he tries to make my "dumbass list", he ends up saying something fairly reasonable soon after. Peaks and valleys with that guy.

A very good thread of the uninformed and clueless. Buckle up buttercup. Could get bumpy here soon.  Wink

Quote: @Purplemachine said:
A very good thread of the uninformed and clueless. Buckle up buttercup. Could get bumpy here soon.  Wink
And with that we bid adieu.

Reminder,  if you arent here to be civil,   then you won't be here.

Quote: @Zanary said:
Wait for the next chapter(s) of his legal drama to get rolling.  A huge chunk of this country is really tired of all the melodrama with that petulant, lying a$$clown.

Given that he's bragged about "gaming the system", I'm expecting that the system will be tearing some chunks off of orange boi in the coming weeks.  Braggadocio can get very expensive.

Ok.  Waited on "the system" for the last "coming weeks".  (Kinda odd that an "anti-system" dude like you relies on the "system"...but I digress. 
And what "huge chunk" of the country, is it, you are aligning yourself with, exactly?  (Ya know, cuz any large chunk of the country is anti-Zanary, de facto)

What has "the system" wrought, since your last drivel?  (froth, spittle? trying to cover all your adjectives))
Commanding leads by Donaldus Trumpus, both in the GOP race, and the "greater race". 

So much so, even the NYT's admits!  https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/05/us/politics/biden-trump-2024-poll.html
Trump is presently destroying Biden. 

Also, Trump crushing Biden among the "precious Independents"  (as I mentioned, earlier)

https://twitter.com/IAPolls2022/status/1...8068928747

So please let these "legal dramas"....play out further. 
It appears....the American public is well aware of the melodramas....but has a vastly different conclusion than your analysis.  

Please....Please....Please.... throw Trump in jail.  (That seems to be the Dem MO).   His numbers will further soar.  

As to the OP by Zanary, Trump has really suffered not participating in a long ago loser debate.  L.M.A.O. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Purplemachine said:

wow, really?  That  ^^ was uncivil? 

Quote: @savannahskol said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Purplemachine said:

wow, really?  That  ^^ was uncivil? 

Doesn't post in forever and comes in referring to everyone as uninformed and clueless?  Adds nothing of substance to the thread,  yep im going gonna stand by my first take.  Whether I agree with the poster or not,  the actions need to be the same,  would have removed somebody I wouldn't agree with,  but especially one that only appears to he trying to stir the pot.