Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think this is a 9-win football team for 2023
Michael Robinson on NFL Network this morning;

"Nobody can tell me this team is going to be better without Dalvin Cook. He has the ability to go 80 yards anytime he touches the ball and has the ability to end a drive. Nobody can tell me this team is going to be better without that explosive threat coming out of the backfield because that's what defenses look at and fear trying to gameplan and shut that guy down." 

I'm actually thinking 11-14 wins, for a few reasons:

1.  The offense will finally have continuity, and it's been years since we've seen that on our team.

2.  On that note, the apparent pool at WR/TE looks...ludicrously good.

3.  The defense will likely need a few games to really 'bake in', but I expect Flores to be determined in his efforts to regain his coaching credibility.

4.  KOC will be a year wiser, which should get him freed up and more comfortable.

5.  I cannot state enough that everyone, not just the ever-over-studied Cousins, is in a serious "prove it" season.  KOC, Flores, the rookies, Booth, Cine, the defense in general, even KAM...after a 13 win season and a ton of flaws to correct, there's both a high bar to achieve and a huge pile of needed improvements.

This is as big of a season as...2009, maybe?  The new regime needs to show the Wilfs that last season was no fluke, and that they really do have the ship steered in the right direction.