Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Stupid...
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Show of hands...how many of you have NOT driven a car over 100 MPH on an empty highway? I'll wait...
show of hands,  who thinks its a stupid thing to do even if its something they themselves have done... my hand is in the air.  it was dumb as shit when I've done it,  but it doesnt change the fact that it was a dumb ass decision,  especially at night in a metro area where the odds of involving somebody else are much greater than doing it in a rural area which is where I think most people would be more comfortable opening it up to clear the carbon out,  without getting caught or worse, involving others in your bad decision.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Show of hands...how many of you have NOT driven a car over 100 MPH on an empty highway? I'll wait...
Personally, I'm just saying its really stupid. I've also done very dumb things when younger, doesn't make them any less dangerous or stupid. But I'm also not saying we should fire Kwesi because he drafted a kid who got a speeding ticket. Some posters just refuse to acknowledge they have agendas. Wash, rinse and repeat.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Zanary said:
Welll golly, the important thing is to give up on the kid over a month before week 1 of his rookie season!

(wanders off, chuckling and shaking head)
Yea, let's see him make a practice first Smile

So far, no show on the field and no good off the field.   

No doubt all will be forgiven if he lives up to the hype but for now a terrible first impression.
The thing is...it's not even about all being forgiven, it's just so asinine that the overreactions get to such immediate levels.

People were giving up on KAM last year, before the draft even started.  They sure as hell did after his first pick trade, and so on.

13-4 after a losing season, and "...well, his first draft was a bust..." when the first two defenders were limited by injury, we've barely seen them yet..!!!

Now, yes, I don't excuse our rookie WR, whatsoever, but KAM is looking over a huge amount of responsibility and personnel, not just one brand-new WR that decided to take his glorified Audi (with Klingon bodywork) on an early morning romp.  I'm hoping he is disciplined, I'm hoping his teammates haze him a bit for it...but, no one actually was hurt, so I also believe in limitations on "what if" punishments.

He's a young kid with a sudden influx of money showing why adolescence is now considered to go into the mid-20s.  Yes, they still need punishing/discipline, but every parent knows to expect some issues in that age period...and being on this side of 20, his decisions are his problems, not KAM's.

Quote: @Zanary said:
@minny65 said:
@Zanary said:
Welll golly, the important thing is to give up on the kid over a month before week 1 of his rookie season!

No doubt all will be forgiven if he lives up to the hype but for now a terrible first impression.
The thing is...it's not even about all being forgiven, it's just so asinine that the overreactions get to such immediate levels.

People were giving up on KAM last year, before the draft even started.  They sure as hell did after his first pick trade, and so on.

13-4 after a losing season, and "...well, his first draft was a bust..." when the first two defenders were limited by injury, we've barely seen them yet..!!!

Now, yes, I don't excuse our rookie WR, whatsoever, but KAM is looking over a huge amount of responsibility and personnel, not just one brand-new WR that decided to take his glorified Audi (with Klingon bodywork) on an early morning romp.  I'm hoping he is disciplined, I'm hoping his teammates haze him a bit for it...but, no one actually was hurt, so I also believe in limitations on "what if" punishments.

He's a young kid with a sudden influx of money showing why adolescence is now considered to go into the mid-20s.  Yes, they still need punishing/discipline, but every parent knows to expect some issues in that age period...and being on this side of 20, his decisions are his problems, not KAM's.
Like I said a terrible first impression, agree? 

@JR44 said:
@Zanary said:
@StickyBun said:
@Zanary said:
I'm sorry...are people actually blaming this on Kwesi?

Really?

It's just fuggin' amazing, sometimes.  Truly.
First day on the board?  :p

Fair point, I forgot the inevitability of melodrama-mamas.
Can say the same thing about your post, seems kind of hypocritical.  
It's not.

I think it's a bad joke to equate taking issue with some overreacting posters on a sports board to said posters somehow dragging our GM for not having precognition, while largely ignoring the judgement/actions of a young man behaving poorly, and continuing to somehow ignore the magnificent progress the team made in both culture and win count under KAM.

Meanwhile, yes, on a single thread on this board, I alluded to the ridiculousness and didn't even name names.

The scales are nothing like even.

Swing and a miss.
It is..... you are judging others for having an opinion about Kwesi and Addison and claiming they are being overreactive and yet by far you are the most judgmental and overreactive poster on this thread by far.  And how big or you to not name names  :/ like somehow you are the ultimate ruler of this board.  Talk about ridiculousness.....

@minny65 said:
@Zanary said:

You are missing the point entirely! Addison is a Viking because KAM picked him! So yes while Addisons poor decisions are his OWN, they become a Viking problem because KAM just drafted the kid!! Not a one of us would give a shit about this if he played for the Jaguars. We give a shit about this because he is a Viking and on the heels of a dreadful draft last year, KAM needs to hit big on a draft pick. Spin it however you want...if Addison makes little to no impact this year because of stupid decisions or otherwise, KAM and his questionable resume should absolutely start to feel that seat getting a little warm. This team won on the talent acquired by the prior regime and KAM's contributions from  personnel standpoint were minimal. 

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
My first thought was "STUPID".  In the Minnesota that I grew up in, they think different of you if you display extravagant wealth (a Lamborghini would qualify).  I had/have high hopes for Addison, but there was something that rubbed me the wrong way when his name was called and he came on stage wearing all that glitz.  That's LA, not Minnesota.  That does not endear him to the locals.  Culturally, you have to fit.  "I bet he can't catch a walleye"...now when Minnesota fans start sayin' that...he's toast.  

I only have one real hope here...that he gets called on the carpet by KOC, and told to man up or collect splinters on the bench.  This incident will probably help KJ Osborne to start TC ahead of Addison...Addison is REALLY gonna have to earn his stripes now, cuz he just lost the PR war in Minnesota.
He has lots of learning to do.

I didn't care for all the glitz either, but JJ showed up the same.  But JJ seems to have much more depth to his character and his parents attest to that.

Quote: @medaille said:
I guess if you get a Lamborghini, you probably need to see
what it can do at some point.  Maybe he
was being responsible and testing it out at the time when the least number of people
were on the road.   Wink
Honestly there is a bit of truth to what you say.  Not about the responsible, but he probably thinks MN is hickville and what would the harm be.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
https://twitter.com/VikesCentral/status/...taar01DMrg&s=19
You put a sick dog in a lambo?