Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Jets meeting with Rodgers
Quote: @wiviking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@wiviking said:
@AGRforever said:
I just hope its like a 1st this year snd a second next year. It would suck if they get a major haul and turn it into the next ten years of success. 

What I dont understand is why the Jets would give anything? Green Bay is either trading him or cutting him. Cant they just wait them out?
I am betting some other team could jump in if they dick around to much.

They could. But Rodgers is petty. He could be looking to stick it to the packers. Pretty sure he never forgave them for drafting Love, not picking wide receivers in the first, and whatever else he decided was unforgivable. He's declared that he intends to play for the Jets. He could wait them out. Maybe its just wishful thinking on my part. But to me it seems like the Jets hold all the cards.
all except the most important one... Rogers contract.

The Jets should have worked out the compensation 1st, knuckleheads… 

Quote: @Kentis said:
The Jets should have worked out the compensation 1st, knuckleheads… 
who was the one that leaked this?  I don't think it was the Jets.

i have to wonder if they are keeping Wilson, of if them closing this deal is someway tied to them shopping him first.  Hard to imagine Rogers allowing a top draft pick in his QB room salivating for his job.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/03...ts-packers
I guess the thing that struck me was Rodgers waiting until the Friday before the legal tampering period in free agency to tell the teams he was going to play, then turns around and blames the Packers for the delay.
Wonder how he will do without the home town O-line holding allowance and favorable calls that come with Lamblow? Jets fans should be careful what they wish for!

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Long time Nichelle, hope you're doing good 
Hey! I'm doing great. Still in Minnesota but I moved downtown and live about 2.5 blocks from US Bank stadium. I can see it from my living room window and balcony where I sit wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'   :3

Hope you are good too!

Hmmm....

Been awfully quiet on this front. 

Quote: @Nichelle said:
@1VikesFan said:
Hey! I'm doing great. Still in Minnesota but I moved downtown and live about 2.5 blocks from US Bank stadium. I can see it from my living room window and balcony where I sit wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'   :3

Hope you are good too!
you and your crew still doing the tailgates in the lot across the tracks from the stadium?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Hmmm....

Been awfully quiet on this front. 
I heard Friday that the Jets are playing games now trying to get out of the first round compensation and get the puke to agree to a couple 2s instead.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Nichelle said:
@1VikesFan said:

Hope you are good too!
you and your crew still doing the tailgates in the lot across the tracks from the stadium?
Definitely. We're still there every home game. And last year was our first ever tailgate lot Thanksgiving.