Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings cuts starting to trickle in.....
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@RS Express said:
So now we're missing our 4 and 6 next year. Great.  I hope it works for us, but trading Watts and a 6 for a 2020 flop because he's cheaper doesn't make my day. 
I'm really confused by this too.

First, keep in mind Watts wasn't part of the trade. They simply released him. Then traded for Blacklock. Why? I get the interest in Blacklock. He was a borderline 1st, 2nd round draft pick who's still very very young. That could turn out great for the Vikings, but seems more a move for the future. 

But here's what I don't get: A player we planned on starting is now gone 10 days before our 1st game. Blacklock probably has a higher upside, but I doubt he gives us what Watts would have against Green Bay. This one's a head scratcher. 

Agree completely. I think Watts was blindsided as well. Unless something else is brewing we don't know about, that's all that makes sense to me. Its not like Watts was a world beater, but as you mention, was slated to start. 
SUH?
Seems to be some chatter about that. I wasn't for bringing him in before, but without Watts I think we probably need him. There could also be a trade in the works involving Mattison I guess. But we're getting dangerously close to the Green Bay game. 
From what I last read, Suh wants 8 million per year...

I hope the interior DL isn't so bad we need Suh.  Spending 80% of our remaining cap space on a DT that can only beat 1 guy in the league that happens to play center for the Vikings seems like a bad idea to me.
Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@RS Express said:
So now we're missing our 4 and 6 next year. Great.  I hope it works for us, but trading Watts and a 6 for a 2020 flop because he's cheaper doesn't make my day. 

First, keep in mind Watts wasn't part of the trade. They simply released him. Then traded for Blacklock. Why? I get the interest in Blacklock. He was a borderline 1st, 2nd round draft pick who's still very very young. That could turn out great for the Vikings, but seems more a move for the future. 

But here's what I don't get: A player we planned on starting is now gone 10 days before our 1st game. Blacklock probably has a higher upside, but I doubt he gives us what Watts would have against Green Bay. This one's a head scratcher. 

Agree completely. I think Watts was blindsided as well. Unless something else is brewing we don't know about, that's all that makes sense to me. Its not like Watts was a world beater, but as you mention, was slated to start. 
SUH?
Seems to be some chatter about that. I wasn't for bringing him in before, but without Watts I think we probably need him. There could also be a trade in the works involving Mattison I guess. But we're getting dangerously close to the Green Bay game. 
From what I last read, Suh want 8 million per year...

Agreed Happy. I’d rather roll with Lynch. RN i would assume he is the starter. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@RS Express said:

Agree, I wonder (with absolutely no insight or smoke) if there was something going on with Watts.  Time may shine some light on Watts - pun intended.  

Mond to Cleveland. Good luck Kev...

Watts to Chicago

Quote: @Bullazin said:
I was thinking the same.  Lynch may have just simply played as well as Watts or better to earn his shot as the starter.  He made some plays last season, and could still be improving as well.

apparently Watts couldn’t bull rush Bradbury, a minimum requirement evidently…  Wink :p  

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@Bullazin said:
I was thinking the same.  Lynch may have just simply played as well as Watts or better to earn his shot as the starter.  He made some plays last season, and could still be improving as well.
Lynch flashed a bit when I watched him play last year. TY McGill might have had something to do with this as well. He should be back soon. I also remember reading a couple weeks ago that the team was high on Bullard. He made the 53, but I honestly don't know if I saw him do anything in the preseason games. 

One thing that had nothing to do with Watts release is Suh. You'd have to be a moron to release your starter in HOPES that you could come to terms with someone. Suh may or may not happen, but unless he's already agreed and we don't know it, it seems impossible he is what prompted Watts release.