And Here We Go...
Quote: @"dadevike" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
· 7m
Tom Brady’s loss will be Joe Burrow’s gain: Bucs’ free-agent guard Alex Cappa intends to sign a four-year, $40 million deal with the Bengals after free agency opens, per league sources.
Sidetrack from our beloved Vikings but in looking at Spotrac the last few days how good is it to be the Bengals:

1 - Joe Burrow  - 2022  Cap hit  9 million,    2023 Cap hit 11.5 million    (I wonder if they will do his fifth yr optionSmile
2 - youngest team age wise for players under contract
3 - Currently 7th most CAP space at 37 million under
4 - Chase on a 4 yr rookie deal - 2022 Cap hit 7million

That Front Office has a solid 3 years to really put them over the Top - or not [Image: smile.png] 

That's roster building 101. Not what the Vikings are doing..
-Seems pretty simple. Here is the blueprint.
-First, you need to have the worst record in the league at the time when one of the top college QBs in years is about to enter the draft so you can select that star QB.
-Second, the next year, also have a terrible record so you can draft that QB's stud college WR with whom he had one of the best college offenses of all time.
-Now, with all the cap space you will have by having your best players on rookie contracts, sign free agents to fill any obvious holes in your roster. Done. 
Kinda reminds me of the Steve Martin joke: How to be a millionaire and never pay taxes.  First, get a million dollars. ...
Why doesn't every team do this?

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"dadevike" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
· 7m
Tom Brady’s loss will be Joe Burrow’s gain: Bucs’ free-agent guard Alex Cappa intends to sign a four-year, $40 million deal with the Bengals after free agency opens, per league sources.
Sidetrack from our beloved Vikings but in looking at Spotrac the last few days how good is it to be the Bengals:

1 - Joe Burrow  - 2022  Cap hit  9 million,    2023 Cap hit 11.5 million    (I wonder if they will do his fifth yr optionSmile
2 - youngest team age wise for players under contract
3 - Currently 7th most CAP space at 37 million under
4 - Chase on a 4 yr rookie deal - 2022 Cap hit 7million

That Front Office has a solid 3 years to really put them over the Top - or not [Image: smile.png] 

That's roster building 101. Not what the Vikings are doing..
-Seems pretty simple. Here is the blueprint.
-First, you need to have the worst record in the league at the time when one of the top college QBs in years is about to enter the draft so you can select that star QB.
-Second, the next year, also have a terrible record so you can draft that QB's stud college WR with whom he had one of the best college offenses of all time.
-Now, with all the cap space you will have by having your best players on rookie contracts, sign free agents to fill any obvious holes in your roster. Done. 
Kinda reminds me of the Steve Martin joke: How to be a millionaire and never pay taxes.  First, get a million dollars. ...
Why doesn't every team do this?
To me the model is the saints/steelers. They hit on Rothlisberger and Brees in different ways obviously, but they contend every year because they invest in their fronts and draft extremely well. 

i dont agree with tanking at all, i think its a total shit sandwich handed to the fans. 

Source confirms the #Vikings have agreed with Bills DT Harrison Phillips on a three-year, $19.5 million deal. We'll see what that means for the middle of their defensive line, but for the time being, three's a crowd.

Love it. Build inside out.  I suppose Pierce is gone as we have tomlinson, watts and lynch. Getting  younger and cheaper 

Phillips is a really good get. Guy can play. 

[Image: 2yjt66el88e1.png]

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
[Image: 2yjt66el88e1.png]
ooohhhh Lord make it so….

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Source confirms the #Vikings have agreed with Bills DT Harrison Phillips on a three-year, $19.5 million deal. We'll see what that means for the middle of their defensive line, but for the time being, three's a crowd.
I assumed Dalvin would be a 5T in the 3-4. 

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
He seems to be very popular among the Billbos. Would've preferred keeping Pierce, but Phillips has some upside. 

Harrison Phillips played a career-high 473 snaps last season and posted a 77.4 PFF grade. The 2018 third-round pick has dealt with some injuries but has developed into a good player. He was also the Bills' Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee last year.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
He seems to be very popular among the Billbos. Would've preferred keeping Pierce, but Phillips has some upside. 

Harrison Phillips played a career-high 473 snaps last season and posted a 77.4 PFF grade. The 2018 third-round pick has dealt with some injuries but has developed into a good player. He was also the Bills' Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee last year.
Ascending guy. 34" arms, 10+" hands. Might be an underrated signing. Had a couple nicks.