Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick And Mike Out
Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
The more I thought about it, it is time for a clean break.  Zimmer was a formality as he had lost the team.  Rick was a different story, but I think it was time to move on there too.  It can't be denied that we have some of the best owners in the league.  They're willing to spend and stay out of the way.  I think that may lead to some big opportunities to bring in big time talent at the GM and Head Coach spots.  The larger question is identifying who they are, because none of the ones I'm hearing about make me real comfortable.  Perhaps Brez for GM and go OC at head coach.
Brez being a capologist is great,  but what suggests he is GM material?  I dont want an internal hire here,  go outside the organization and bring in somebody with some fresh ideas and a bigger pool to pull from.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
I'm surprised but not shocked that Rick is out.

He probably regrets not returning my calls now.
You are on a roll this morning!  HAHAHAHAHA!!!

If you want to know how difficult of a decision is was for the Wilf's to move on from Rick Spielman and Mike Zimmer today.

@PAOnTheMic stated on his show this "The Owners of the Minnesota Vikings cried during the conversation this morning"

Just shows the impact these men had.

[Image: lqflrai8it4h.jpeg]

Can we figure out how to keep Andre Patterson?  Dude has turned lemons into lemonade time snd time again. 

[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]
#Vikings president Mark Wilf on hiring a GM first and perhaps not being able to get a hot coaching candidate: "We don't try to look at who's hot and who's cold." He said the candidate will have to meet their criteria and the search will be "deliberate."

#Vikings president Mark Wilf: "We're a place that coaches and GMs want to be."

Mark Wilf: "No stone will be left unturned. We're open to any idea. We want strong leaders, and that can come from a variety of sources. We don't want to pigeon-hole that it's going to be this type of person, this type of coordinator."

Mark Wilf says the GM will be hired first and have input on the head coach