Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridgewater returning?
Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
I think Keenum is alright; he's a lot better than Shaun Hill was, no? I think Keenum could hold down the starting job until Bridgewater's PUP stay ended, should Bradford go down. I think his biggest attributes are experience and professionalism. He can digest a gameplan and give Shurmur something to build around week to week. His college stat line is cool, but arm ability isn't exactly special by NFL standards. Nothing really jumps out at you about his game, but he completes passes and generally doesn't look foolish.

I'd love to see Heineke succeed, but i'm not sure if he is stable enough week in and out to be in a position to be relied upon. I'd like to see the game shrink around him, and while I loved his preseason drive and dive to win the game the other day, I just wish he looked more in command and in control. I know he was getting pressured quick - I just don't know. He doesn't always appear like the game has slowed down for him, if that's a good way to explain what i'm trying to say.  - I was really impressed with a throw towards the pylon at the end of the game - he rolled away from pressure and then ran out of the pocket. His running body language said, "that guy has a knife" and "where can I go?!" Then he squares up his throwing motion and lets it float about as fast as his eyes looked up and saw it. He floats the ball to the open part of the field in the direction of his running WR. He put it where the WR got it and the DB could not. It was impressive. Is that the QB that always shows up though?

We kinda know what we get from Keenum. When we have 2 injury riddled QBs on the roster already, I think just makes a ton of sense to keep Keenum around. He's the 2 until Teddy comes back; put Heineke on the PS and if he goes somewhere else, lets move on. We've got bigger strung fish waiting to be fried.
I think Heineke has a bigger upside than Keenum in that he has an edge to his game that could either be a great attribute... or a great heart breaker.  Keenum is like vanilla pudding.... its dessert,  but its not really worth calling dessert except that its something to eat after supper.

Im not sure where the sources were getting their information, but whatever they thought they had didn't pan out.  Have a hard time thinking Teddy would be cleared to return to practice over a week ago, and still hasn't returned.  Maybe there is more going on behind the scenes that we know, with his contract and all or maybe the speculation was purely false info?  Either way, its starting to look like Teddy will head to the PUP to start the season.  Best case scenario for the team anyway, IMO.  Keep him under contract thru next season. 

Quote: @KyVikesFan11 said:
Im not sure where the sources were getting their information, but whatever they thought they had didn't pan out.  Have a hard time thinking Teddy would be cleared to return to practice over a week ago, and still hasn't returned.  Maybe there is more going on behind the scenes that we know, with his contract and all or maybe the speculation was purely false info?  Either way, its starting to look like Teddy will head to the PUP to start the season.  Best case scenario for the team anyway, IMO.  Keep him under contract thru next season. 
We will know soon enough. Isn't the deadline September 2nd? I can see the Vikes keeping him on the PUP until the deadline honestly and then when he comes on the roster he is the 3rd QB for the first few weeks of the season.

Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Vikings

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer believes Teddy Bridgewater (knee) has "progressed a lot," but is uncertain of when he might return.

"He’s got to be able to protect himself on the field and be able to do the movements that are required by his position," was Zimmer's response when asked what Bridgewater must do to be cleared to practice. Bridgewater is all but certain to begin the year on the reserve/PUP list, sidelining him for at least the first six games. Sam Bradford is being backed up by Case Keenum.

Source: vikings.com Aug 29 - 7:12 PM

Quote: @KyVikesFan11 said:
Remember,  being cleared to practice and being cleared for contact are two different things and practicing without contact wouldn't make him ineligible for the PUP.

I hope we don't release Heinicke and lose him to another team. Kid's got some serious IT factor. Keenum's been solid and deserves the #2, but exposing Heinicke could be a big mistake. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I hope we don't release Heinicke and lose him to another team. Kid's got some serious IT factor. Keenum's been solid and deserves the #2, but exposing Heinicke could be a big mistake. 
yep, Taylor will get picked off our practice squad rather quickly I believe.  Could be an issue. 

Heinicke's lack of arm strength is alarming and it limits him big time. I don't see the love for the guy. All this gushing over a guy that was playing against absolute scrubs on that last drive.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Heinicke's lack of arm strength is alarming and it limits him big time. I don't see the love for the guy. All this gushing over a guy that was playing against absolute scrubs on that last drive.
his grit,  his ability to make plays in less than ideal situations,  he just seems to have a determination to win that the players around him subscribe to.   he has an intangible that doesnt really show up on the draft profiles,  but he is a gamer.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
No kidding...isn't there a current thread about former Vikings that were envisioned as rising stars here but have been waived early by other teams (Charles Johnson, Audie Cole)...? 

For the strong Heinicke supporters: isn't even the most optimistic ceiling for his potential that he might turn into a decent backup QB, someone who could play a game or two if needed, like Shaun Hill or Case Keenum?? Or is there actually some belief that a couple years from now, Taylor Heinicke could be a starting NFL QB with the ability to lead a team to the playoffs and beyond?