Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Vikings cut Carlson, will sign Bailey
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@AGRforever said:
wonder how much $$ he got. we didnt have much to give. 
bullazin, how is asking about the comtract a bad thing?  Bailey was making $3.3m with dallas. We had between $500k and $1.5m depending on the source. Bailey had four offers according to reports but was looking for the “right” place. One would have to think a winning team was part of it but certainly money had to be a factor. 

So if he wanted close to his Dallas price tag, who did we adjust?  Or did Bailey throw us a solid like Ilkola did and play for less?
i dont think that was me?

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Where the hell is that dancing banana when you need it???????? AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!
[Image: giphy.gif]

Hahaha cricket I didn't see you posted it

I've heard Bailey was waiting for the right team...

Someone tell me how can a kicker, who naturally have fragile mental positions, would want to subject himself to the torturous pressure of kicking for a Super Bowl calibur squad?!? You cant even fart around a kicker; how does this guy get off demanding he'll only kick in the most pressurized environments the NFL has to offer?!

From what I've learned the past 24 hours about how challenging the kicker position is...  this guy sounds nuts!!

(Obviously... a sarcastic joke)

Quote: @greediron said:
@Ponifan said:
@Bullazin said:
i would think carlson will get picked up
I can see it, but it does support the notion that drafting punters and kickers is a bad idea.  Free agents are good enough.  Alas, this is one of RS failings.  He will never give up drafting kickers and punters, he has convinced himself he sees intangibles that others can't see.
Just like he shouldn't have drafted Hughes or Oneill? 

I have to laugh at the monday morning GMs.  Don't necessarily disagree that drafting a kicker often is a waste, but certainly not going to pretend I am smarter than they are.
Everybody on this goddamn board is a Monday Morning GM.  If they weren't, there wouldn't be anyone here.

Quote: @Ponifan said:
@greediron said:
@Ponifan said:
@Bullazin said:
i would think carlson will get picked up
I can see it, but it does support the notion that drafting punters and kickers is a bad idea.  Free agents are good enough.  Alas, this is one of RS failings.  He will never give up drafting kickers and punters, he has convinced himself he sees intangibles that others can't see.
Just like he shouldn't have drafted Hughes or Oneill? 

I have to laugh at the monday morning GMs.  Don't necessarily disagree that drafting a kicker often is a waste, but certainly not going to pretend I am smarter than they are.
Everybody on this goddamn board is a Monday Morning GM.  If they weren't, there wouldn't be anyone here.
Not really.  Just saying, I am a critic of spielman as well, but a player failure makes the hindsight so easy to criticize.  So many early critics of Waynes, Hughes, ONeill, Reiff, Cousins are now silent. Some don't even show up after a win.

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@AGRforever said:
@AGRforever said:
bullazin, how is asking about the comtract a bad thing?  Bailey was making $3.3m with dallas. We had between $500k and $1.5m depending on the source. Bailey had four offers according to reports but was looking for the “right” place. One would have to think a winning team was part of it but certainly money had to be a factor. 

So if he wanted close to his Dallas price tag, who did we adjust?  Or did Bailey throw us a solid like Ilkola did and play for less?
you might have accidently hit the f troy akmin button on my original post. 

When we draft a Barr or Waynes or Hughes, everyone says, "That's a Zim pick." How come when we draft a Walsh or Locke or Carlson, no one says, "That's a Priefer pick"?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Bullazin said:
@AGRforever said:
@AGRforever said:

you might have accidently hit the f troy akmin button on my original post. 
sorry i fixed it

I'll feel better about all of this... when we actually sign Bailey (and he's healthy and ready to go).