• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Bustwater?
Quote: @HappyViking said:
@RushmoreVike said:
@holmanjp said:
@RushmoreVike said:
@holmanjp said:
@SouthCarolinaViking said:
I wish we could've resigned him to an incentive-laden deal like that. If Cousins sh!ts the bed or gets hurt Teddy could have had a better chance to restart his career here with his old team mates than in New York. 
KC would have to shit in Zims bed, in order for Ted to have taken over for him.

Even if KC had half his average stats, it's still equal to Teds best!!!!!!!!!!!
weve had 3 starting QBs go down early in the season 3 of the last 4 years... 

I to would have preferred Teddy over Simeon to back up Cousins.
I'm having a brain fart.
Who is the 3rd?

Ted 2016
Sam 2017
wasnt it matt cassell that went down Teddys rookie year,  then Ponder and then Teddy got his shot?
Yep, Cassell, but Teddy was the #2.  Teddy got hurt in the Atlanta game (but played the entire game) then Ponder played as TB's backup.
Teddy got hurt at the end of the game.

Quote: @BattleLakeRaider said:
@prairieghost said:
@Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
@prairieghost said:
In all my years of watching the NFL I have never heard of a player being called a bust because he suffered a career threatening injury and was let go. Do you really believe Cousins would even be here if Teddy didn't suffer that injury?? If you do I've got a bridge to sell you...
Yeah, if the 2 seasons that he didn't play, due to injury, he didn't get any better.... he wasn't anything special. I don't care that he was young and had so-called potential. He still wasn't anything special
Bottom line, he wasn't a bust and it's a joke to call him a bust. When I think of a bust, I think of Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, Akili Smith...anybody that puts Teddy in that class of guys as a "bust" just has a bias.
"Bottom line" Bridgewater is in the class of busts like Joey Harrington and Christian Ponder....anybody that doesn't put Teddy in that category just has a bias.
Coming from a guy that called a good man a "douche" because he disagreed with you on the internet, the lecture on bias is rather ironic.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
In all my years of watching the NFL I have never heard of a player being called a bust because he suffered a career threatening injury and was let go. Do you really believe Cousins would even be here if Teddy didn't suffer that injury?? If you do I've got a bridge to sell you...
Lol, so an opinion is only relevant if you have heard it before in your "expert" opinion?!? Lol. So if you have never heard of a hemangioma, they don't exist? Haha.

Quote: @greediron said:
@BattleLakeRaider said:
@prairieghost said:
@prairieghost said:
Yeah, if the 2 seasons that he didn't play, due to injury, he didn't get any better.... he wasn't anything special. I don't care that he was young and had so-called potential. He still wasn't anything special
Bottom line, he wasn't a bust and it's a joke to call him a bust. When I think of a bust, I think of Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, Akili Smith...anybody that puts Teddy in that class of guys as a "bust" just has a bias.
"Bottom line" Bridgewater is in the class of busts like Joey Harrington and Christian Ponder....anybody that doesn't put Teddy in that category just has a bias.
Coming from a guy that called a good man a "douche" because he disagreed with you on the internet, the lecture on bias is rather ironic.
https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/how-to-inc...Qd4T0%7cdm&pcrid=70112885352&pkw=&pmt=&plc=&gclid=CjwKCAjwhcjVBRBHEiwAoDe5xzjzFz0pkxeq7wjshsZgamneAE9vTDS7RghO9EP8kNDX6Y6fpAO4xhoCEU4QAvD_BwE#isbn=0582280893&idiq=2799826

@prairieghost said:
@prairieghost said:
LMAO....Joey Harrington and Christian Ponder?? Those guys were both in the league 6 years and never injured to point of being placed on IR. They both never won a playoff game either....and they both were given multiple chances to be the guy, by 4 different teams.
What is your definition of a bust? Mine would be that said player was on the active roster of a football team (or teams) for several years but was unable to succeed to any great degree and eventually retired from the game. Harrington and Ponder fit that description. However, if a guy suffers a career threatening injury and has to miss significant time due to said injury, and is then released by his team he isn't a bust. If Teddy ends up never playing another down he's not a bust. Bad comparison.

@prairieghost said:
Lol, so an opinion is only relevant if you have heard it before in your "expert" opinion?!? Lol. So if you have never heard of a hemangioma, they don't exist? Haha.

Yup, I said I was an expert...several years of watching the NFL=calling myself an expert. Then again, maybe I am an expert. Actually, I think I am....because you think you are, so I must be as well.
HA HA! I HAVE heard of a hemangioma as I happen to be a medical transcriptionist by trade. Are you insinuating that all "busts" have birth marks?? Big Grin

Look. Let's talk reality. Teddy is a good guy. But facts are facts. 15 NFC North clinching game at GB he was 9-19. 99 yds 0 TDs 1 INTs   Both HOME games vs Seattle he produced ZERO TDs and everyone blamed Walsh.  Everyone claims Teddy "lead" us on a GW drive when in reality he completed 1 pass    Let's stop with the Teddy is/was a Franchise QB.  Please. He was nothing special other than a nice kid. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@BattleLakeRaider said:
@prairieghost said:
@prairieghost said:
Why do you even respond to this nonsense? It's like trying to reason with an idiot who throws his feces at you. What's the point? Walk away.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@BattleLakeRaider said:
@prairieghost said:
@prairieghost said:
Why do you even respond to this nonsense? It's like trying to reason with an idiot who throws his feces at you. What's the point? Walk away.  
i dont think you are following MB.  To call out one side is hypocricy.  Tom had a product we all enjoy, doesnt make him unaccountable

Quote: @prairieghost said: 
@BattleLakeRaider said:
@prairieghost said:

Yup, I said I was an expert...several years of watching the NFL=calling myself an expert. Then again, maybe I am an expert. Actually, I think I am....because you think you are, so I must be as well.
HA HA! I HAVE heard of a hemangioma as I happen to be a medical transcriptionist by trade. Are you insinuating that all "busts" have birth 

https://www.amazon.com/Primer-Kindergart...B01HS3E5N4