Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Vikings make trade with Houston, add 1st round pick
Quote: @bigbone62 said:
@comet52 said:
I thought Monday's "We're Dying at the Kirk Cousins Funeral Procession" around here was kind of amusing.  Today's "Here Comes the Vikings Draft, Motherfuckers!" parade is even more fun.  =)
What I'm getting a kick out of is the mental gymnastics certain posters are doing to shit on the moves made this week. Moves they have been droning on about for years needing to be made. Obviously it's all dependent on them getting that QB. But man if this week hasn't been prime example of KAM being damned if he does damned if he doesn't I don't know what it.
Of course. And if he pulls all of this off, and it would be pulling a rabbit out of his hat big time, some will then say, 'Well, let's see if this QB ends up panning out'. It will always be something with a few because things weren't done their way. And they love to bitch. Its more fun for them to bitch than it is to cheer. 

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@pattersaur said:
KO is a phenomenal play designer and the players love him. He's decent with his challenges and he's young enough to have upside. Anyone upset about the job he's done has unrealistic expectations.
Anyways back to the topic... BOOM! (Hi Wet)
Losing next year's second stings but overall good move. Now we need the Pats to go for it. I'm really hoping for another announcement fairly quickly. Would sit much more comfortable knowing we have a top 4 pick in hand versus sweating it out for the next month+, but that may be the reality.
Either way, I admire Kwesi for having a plan and working it. Whether it's a good plan or not remains to be seen but kudos to him for having a vision and trying to make it happen.
Honestly even if we move up to the 3 and take Penix, there will be people who bemoan VaLuE or whatever but if the team has conviction on one guy, then they need that guy. Even if it's an "overpay". Teams get crazy every year and draft players way before they're mocked. They can't leave the face of the franchise to chance... as I've been telling you all  Wink.
Let's go get JJM or Maye!!! I'll have NFLShop.com on standby on draft night so I can grab the jersey of our new face of the franchise, and I won't be the only one. Waiter, please top off my kool-aid!
Will the Vikings be getting compensatory picks for Cousins and Hunter next year? Or are they offset by some of the signings the Vikings made?

As of right now we should receive a 3rd for losing Cousins as long as we don't sign another qualifying FA (AAV of at least $3M). If Osborn or Risner sign a qualifying contract we'll also receive a 3rd for Hunter.

Curious what the Vikings say in their next presser.

Prediction: "This doesn't necessarily mean we're going to move up for a QB. We're happy with Sam. We had an opportunity to add a 1st rounder and so we made the deal. We feel those two picks give us the flexibility to do any number of things. If the right opportunity presents itself, we could make another move, but we made that deal knowing we would also be happy with the players we could get at 11 and 23." 

Write it down. :-)

Quote:
@comet52 said:
I thought Monday's "We're Dying at the Kirk Cousins Funeral Procession" around here was kind of amusing.  Today's "Here Comes the Vikings Draft, Motherfuckers!" parade is even more fun.  =)

Kirk... Cousins... hmm... sounds familiar... who's that again?  B)

So we jump from 42 to 23 for next year's 2nd and a 6/7 swap.  Nice.  And if we can't move up from 11, #23 can be a hedge for Penix or Nix. 

Quote: @RS Express said:
So we jump from 42 to 23 for next year's 2nd and a 6/7 swap.  Nice.  And if we can't move up from 11, #23 can be a hedge for Penix or Nix. 
I've warmed up to it.  I'm kinda liking DL Byron Murphy from Texas (top ranked DL that I can see) at 11 and either of the QBs you mentioned at 23.  Preference is actually Bo Nix.  There is no Aaron Donald on the board this year, unfortunately.  

Good thing I'm not on the Vikings payroll, eh?

Quote:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@StickyBun said:
@Havoc1649 said:
I don’t think Nix makes it out of the top 10. It’s posible he’s the target and they are guaranteeing they can get him. I think the NFL likes him far more than pundits do. Tape doesn’t lie. Dropping a bomb in the bucket in stride at 60 yards at his pro day probably didn’t hurt him either. 

Jayden Daniels is my number 1 and he could be on their board as well. This is the guy I think they are targeting and trying to get to 2. 
I'll personally be shocked if Nix is anywhere near the top 10. 
I honestly don't think he will go in the 1st round. 
I have seen a lot of Nix and he is one of my favorite QBs in this draft, there is no way he is not taken in the first half of the draft and possibly top third.  
Just throwing this out there to see what sticks...it would be interesting to consider Bo Nix at 11 and Jackson Powers-Johnson, his C at Oregon (rated as a late 1st round pick...6'3" 328 lbs) at 23.  

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@StickyBun said:
@Havoc1649 said:
I don’t think Nix makes it out of the top 10. It’s posible he’s the target and they are guaranteeing they can get him. I think the NFL likes him far more than pundits do. Tape doesn’t lie. Dropping a bomb in the bucket in stride at 60 yards at his pro day probably didn’t hurt him either. 

Jayden Daniels is my number 1 and he could be on their board as well. This is the guy I think they are targeting and trying to get to 2. 
I'll personally be shocked if Nix is anywhere near the top 10. 
I honestly don't think he will go in the 1st round. 

He won’t get past Denver. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
Welp, it's nice to have options and this helps us with that. Unfortunately for us this now becomes essentially a one player draft if we move up because we don't draft again until pick #108 in the 4th round. 
You don't get something for nothing. And so far anyway, we haven't given up a single future 1st, which was pretty much the assumption going in...
I do certainly like that aspect. It's a good thing we have cap money to spend next season because we've lacked picks, and probably will continue to lack picks, to replenish the roster. 
I think this has been all part of the plan all along. KAM likes signing young FAs with some upside....he'll continue to do that with much more cap space next year. If he pulls off this future QB thing, some people are going to have egg on their face about him. Because the FA period so far for them has been stellar.
And if he blows it, a lot of people will also have egg on their faces. I won't hold my breath, but certainly am hopeful like everyone else. 

As far as free agency goes, calling what we've done "stellar" so far is a stretch. Outside of Jones giving us a little more juice at running back, where are the upgrades? 

He signed two excellent edge rushers and a top notch Linebacker day 1 of free agency. 

Quote: @HappyViking said:

@comet52 said:

Kirk... Cousins... hmm... sounds familiar... who's that again?  B)
Feeling better?

[Image: lqulatvxggau.gif]