Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Cousins be resigned? (SPOILER ALERT.... NO!)
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Per Dianna Russini, the Vikings expect to know by tonight if Cousins intends on testing free agency or not. 

I can only assume this means he has by tonight to accept the offer we've made him or decline it and test free agency. I just don't see if he declines why we would increase the offer and I think if he hits free agency we have to assume he is gone unless he comes crawling back to take our offer, which I don't see happening. 
I think he's going to see what the Falcons official offer is and then give the Vikings a chance to match it. At that point, there is no more speculation, no more guessing. An offer will finally establish what his market really is.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
Per Dianna Russini, the Vikings expect to know by tonight if Cousins intends on testing free agency or not. 

I can only assume this means he has by tonight to accept the offer we've made him or decline it and test free agency. I just don't see if he declines why we would increase the offer and I think if he hits free agency we have to assume he is gone unless he comes crawling back to take our offer, which I don't see happening. 
I think he's going to see what the Falcons official offer is and then give the Vikings a chance to match it. At that point, there is no more speculation, no more guessing. An offer will finally establish what his market really is.
Does anyone really believe Kirko doesnt know what the Falcons are officially going to offer by now?  

I think he does...Lots of whispers he was already down there last week (private jet). Could be rubbish, who knows???

Tea leaves are telling me he hasn't signed with the Vikings yet because their offer isnt going to be accepted. 

Hope I am dead wrong about it. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:

Does anyone really believe Kirko doesnt know what the Falcons are officially going to offer by now?  

I think he does...Lots of whispers he was already down there last week (private jet). Could be rubbish, who knows???

Tea leaves are telling me he hasn't signed with the Vikings yet because their offer isnt going to be accepted. 

I think the visit and the offer would qualify as tampering. But yeah, he probably has an idea. But he also knows that what he gets on Monday will be their best offer--the offer that shows how much they want him.

Tomorrow is going to be very interesting. 

@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:

If Atlanta really wants him it won't be hard for them, just offer better money and guarantees than the Vikings.  Since the Vikings have negotiated with Kirk going back to last year and been unable to reach a deal, this might not be that hard.   Probably just depends on whether the reports that Arthur Blank said go get him are true or not.   I wonder how he'll feel if he can't find an offer he likes and has to come back here and swallow whatever Kwesi gives him.   Take that statement however you like btw.  :p

@supafreak84 said:

Agree and think we've already made our last/best offer to him. I just think if he hits free agency the chances of him leaving are probably about 80%. I don't think we come off that offer and all of a sudden offer him more or get into a free agent bidding war for him. 

@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:

I think the visit and the offer would qualify as tampering. But yeah, he probably has an idea. But he also knows that what he gets on Monday will be their best offer--the offer that shows how much they want him.

If he makes it to FA its over imo...

They'll try to soothe KOC, maybe provide him with some therapy for good measure. 

We'll watch the franchise pivot to a bridge qb and pray; pray real hard for some luck @QB in the draft. 

@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:

They'll try to soothe KOC, maybe provide him with some therapy for good measure. 

We'll watch the franchise pivot to a bridge qb and pray; pray real hard for some luck @QB in the draft. 

If Kirk walks and I’m KOC, I’m literally demanding the FO move up to provide me a difference maker at QB in the draft. 

If they stick him with a Darnold, Z. Wilson or Tannehill he’s gonna try to make chicken salad outta chicken shit. But this kinda thing is what causes riffs between coaching staffs and front offices. 

It would make my day if we sign Russell Wilson first thing and then take the offer off the table for Mr. Greed.

Quote: @CFIAvike said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:

If Kirk walks and I’m KOC, I’m literally demanding the FO move up to provide me a difference maker at QB in the draft. 

If they stick him with a Darnold, Z. Wilson or Tannehill he’s gonna try to make chicken salad outta chicken shit. But this kinda thing is what causes riffs between coaching staffs and front offices. 
Agree. I sorta sense a tension between the two already. I think KOC is a little aggravated the FO has let it even get to this point. 

@CFIAvike said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:

Agree. I sorta sense a tension between the two already. I think KOC is a little aggravated the FO has let it even get to this point. 
Probably, but a little bit of tension is ok, maybe even good. 

Its when things get to "no more talking" when things get malignant.