Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 QBs
Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
One thing for sure is, I'm glad we have a coach like KOC to develop a young QB. And with that being said I still think we make the big jump to get one of these guys. I believe KOC and KAM will want to put their stamp on this team and select their guy to go forward with.
This could all be total smoke on the Vikings’ part, though I’m not sure why exactly they’d do that. Maybe just a new GM flexing to see what he can do if necessary in coming years? I don’t mind that if so, actually. 

BUT if not— and I mentioned this in another thread— I do think KAM decided very early on last year that he was moving back at all costs. This year he very well may have decided the opposite. I’m not going to pretend to be smart enough to get inside the mind of some analytics genius but he does strike me as a guy who sees something he wants and goes and gets it.

All I know is thank God the draft is finally tomorrow so that I can either start watching all of the games on our QBOTF and convincing myself he’s the next Mahomes, or carry on living my life haha. Either option is better than this agonizing wait!

Quote: @Kentis said:
Let’s see, we’ve got 1 untouchable, 1 moron, 1 lump of clay, & 1 wild card. Throw in a Hooker, & I’m looking to next years Qb crop… Give me a D lineman that can affect the passing game please!!!  Wink B)  
I'm with you, Kentis.  I think some of the later round QBs have just as many question marks and upsides as the top 5.  Personally, I won't be surprised one bit if the Vikes trade back to gather more pics to fill as many holes as possible.  The pass rush and run support along the DL was embarassing last season, and we still have needs at CB and LB.  
Are we really set on the OL?  I didn't think so last season, so is that getting addressed?  We also need WR and RB depth as well.
Trading our picks for questionable QBs seems unlikely to me, but I'd be the first one to prove I don't know much about drafting. :p

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@PurpleCrush said:
One thing for sure is, I'm glad we have a coach like KOC to develop a young QB. And with that being said I still think we make the big jump to get one of these guys. I believe KOC and KAM will want to put their stamp on this team and select their guy to go forward with.
This could all be total smoke on the Vikings’ part, though I’m not sure why exactly they’d do that. Maybe just a new GM flexing to see what he can do if necessary in coming years? I don’t mind that if so, actually. 

BUT if not— and I mentioned this in another thread— I do think KAM decided very early on last year that he was moving back at all costs. This year he very well may have decided the opposite. I’m not going to pretend to be smart enough to get inside the mind of some analytics genius but he does strike me as a guy who sees something he wants and goes and gets it.

All I know is thank God the draft is finally tomorrow so that I can either start watching all of the games on our QBOTF and convincing myself he’s the next Mahomes, or carry on living my life haha. Either option is better than this agonizing wait!
Ideally I'd love for them to move back and accumulate more picks, but if they identify a QB that they believe in then I'm all for taking that guy. At this point I trust KOC to pick his guy and roll with it.

If they get the opportunity to get "The Guy" KOC & KAM want, go for it.  I just hope it wont cost to much in next year capital.  I would be willing to accept this years draft as clearing the way and moving in their direction.  It will be the slack I cut them.  But if it don't work I'll really be mad in a decade or so. Wink

I think the Vikes loving AR or moving into Top 5 are complete smokescreens hoping Levis falls into the teens where we could grab him...just my opinion!