Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll -- who do you want as defensive coordinator?

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
My thoughts on the job: if a coach is hesitant because of the current roster, I don’t want him anywhere near the team in any capacity. I have no time for these “hot names” who for the most part are a crap shoot anyway. That mindset though, of deciding based on current roster….got no time for that. A good coach will maximize what they have and produce a much improved product than they have been putting out on the field. 
Don't assume that shit about not wanting to come to Minnesota because of it's "lack of talent on defense" is even remotely true. 

Quote: @Kentis said:
@Wetlander said:
@Caactorvike said:
I want to write in Jimmy.
I think the Vikings are trying to move away from hiring cranky, old dudes like Zimmer for coaches...  

[Image: hnxu7gskv8u0.gif]

Jimmy aint old…!   B) 
we call that well seasoned

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Havoc1649 said:
My thoughts on the job: if a coach is hesitant because of the current roster, I don’t want him anywhere near the team in any capacity. I have no time for these “hot names” who for the most part are a crap shoot anyway. That mindset though, of deciding based on current roster….got no time for that. A good coach will maximize what they have and produce a much improved product than they have been putting out on the field. 
Don't assume that shit about not wanting to come to Minnesota because of it's "lack of talent on defense" is even remotely true. 
Now that he decided to go elsewhere, do you still feel that way? 

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Havoc1649 said:
Yup.  I don't know why there is a contingent of fans who think the bare cupboard in Minnesota is irrelevant.   When they added Pettine to the interview list it was obvious why--a better than average chance existed that the good candidates would all pass.

Given a choice of going to team A with good personnel and team B with crap (aka, the Vikings) guys are likely to pick team A, because coaches succeed with good players despite some fans thinking the real value lies in "relishing the challenge", which is basically nonsense.   

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Havoc1649 said:
Yeah, it just sounds like internet assumption conjured by fan media doomsayers. Then it gets spread around by even reputable sources. Could it be true? Sure. But how does that happen exactly? Does the candidate come right out and say it? Really? That seems unlikely. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Havoc1649 said:

It could be as simple as money.  We don't know what $$ was offered in Carolina but coaches don't count towards the salary cap.  They could have blown us out of the water on what we were offering. 

Are you ready for some PettineSome DC Mike Pettine?We got some old tired guysAnd holes like Swiss cheeseAll the fans are cryinCan't you fix this please?
The cupboard is bare 
Does the owner even care?
He thinks it's just greatWhen you go 9-8
With Mike PettineYou'll need a miracle Mike Pettine!

Reading this thread, you'd think we finished 4-13.

Quote: @wiviking said:
Reading this thread, you'd think we finished 4-13.
13-4 was last year,  last years team,  last years opponents,  last years coaching staff,  last years cap,  last year.   Sure they can likely move some things around and screw future years to try and put the same team on the field,  but why?  this 13-4 team was not a true contender,  and they are more than 1 or 2 players away from getting to that point most likely.  So yea,  some of us arent really buying into the window open philosophy that some of the more homerish fans carry.

IMO the team is ripe for a rebuild,  but it doesnt sound like that is favorable with ownership so we will see,  either way 4-13 is more likely this coming year IMO than 13-4,  so that is probably why this thread has the feel it does for you.