Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings cuts starting to trickle in.....
Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@Waterboy said:
Well, I see my favorite TE got chopped. lol  What a surprise.  I'm pretty sure the one who never saw the field may be showing up elsewhere in the North.  We shall see.
I am sorry Waterboy that Zach got cut; I know how you worshipped his measurables.  
Betcha Zach is back. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Waterboy said:
Well, I see my favorite TE got chopped. lol  What a surprise.  I'm pretty sure the one who never saw the field may be showing up elsewhere in the North.  We shall see.
I am sorry Waterboy that Zach got cut; I know how you worshipped his measurables.  
Betcha Zach is back. 
I agree!  The should make Waterboy's day!!!

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
@Waterboy said:
Betcha Zach is back. 
I agree!  The should make Waterboy's day!!!

On the practice squad, yes.  I’m sure he was always going there anyways.   Probably joined by one of the te’s that saw no time in the preseason and another who will land on another practice squad in the NFC North.

So now we're missing our 4 and 6 next year. Great.  I hope it works for us, but trading Watts and a 6 for a 2020 flop because he's cheaper doesn't make my day. 

Quote: @RS Express said:
So now we're missing our 4 and 6 next year. Great.  I hope it works for us, but trading Watts and a 6 for a 2020 flop because he's cheaper doesn't make my day. 
Not a good situation if we're interested in trading up in the first round for QBOTF. Any trade up will have to include future draft capital.

Quote: @RS Express said:
I'm really confused by this too.

First, keep in mind Watts wasn't part of the trade. They simply released him. Then traded for Blacklock. Why? I get the interest in Blacklock. He was a borderline 1st, 2nd round draft pick who's still very very young. That could turn out great for the Vikings, but seems more a move for the future. 

But here's what I don't get: A player we planned on starting is now gone 10 days before our 1st game. Blacklock probably has a higher upside, but I doubt he gives us what Watts would have against Green Bay. This one's a head scratcher. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@RS Express said:

First, keep in mind Watts wasn't part of the trade. They simply released him. Then traded for Blacklock. Why? I get the interest in Blacklock. He was a borderline 1st, 2nd round draft pick who's still very very young. That could turn out great for the Vikings, but seems more a move for the future. 

But here's what I don't get: A player we planned on starting is now gone 10 days before our 1st game. Blacklock probably has a higher upside, but I doubt he gives us what Watts would have against Green Bay. This one's a head scratcher. 

Agree completely. I think Watts was blindsided as well. Unless something else is brewing we don't know about, that's all that makes sense to me. Its not like Watts was a world beater, but as you mention, was slated to start. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@RS Express said:

Agree completely. I think Watts was blindsided as well. Unless something else is brewing we don't know about, that's all that makes sense to me. Its not like Watts was a world beater, but as you mention, was slated to start. 
SUH?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@RS Express said:

SUH?
Seems to be some chatter about that. I wasn't for bringing him in before, but without Watts I think we probably need him. There could also be a trade in the works involving Mattison I guess. But we're getting dangerously close to the Green Bay game.