Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on the roster now?
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@ArizonaViking said:

@supafreak84 said:
@Wetlander said:
@supafreak84

I get what you're saying, but the Vikings reportedly had Cine pretty high on their board and viewed him as a comparable talent to Hamilton at S. We can disagree with that, but it does shed some light on why Kwesi and company passed on Hamilton at 12 and were happy to get the extra picks and Cine at 32.

I still think they undervalued the compensation to drop back and missed a big opportunity to acquire 2023 draft capital.  But I'm fine with them picking Cine and going safety there.
I know its all a crapshoot but there was just nothing I liked about that trade down. From the compensation, to the players we passed on by trading down, to the team we traded with, to the player that team drafted, to the position we chose to address when our pick finally came around. I thought it was one of the shittier draft day trades I've ever seen as a whole. Cine might be a good player, but is he going to be a true difference maker and will we see a huge upgrade at the position from what Xavier Woods gave us last season? My argument is that he isn't and any upgrade he may give us to Woods will likely be minimal. Excellent chance percentage wise that he'll be playing for another team in 5 years if he's still in the league because that's what the percentages indicate. Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping the guy is successful but I just did not agree with the trade down and the position we chose to address. If I told everybody before the draft that we were bypassing Kyle Hamilton in a shitty trade all the way down the draft board with the Lions to pick any other safety with our first pick....everyone on here would lose their shit! I find it kind of comical now that everyone's throwing on their purple shades and trying to rationalize the shit show that occurred on draft day. 

I find it kind of comical now that everyone's throwing on their purple shades and trying to rationalize the shit show that occurred on draft day. 

That's not the reason...Nobody liked the trade, but you can only piss and moan about something for so long, then move on.  Most of us already know we have absolutely no control of the draft selections and just hope the new players pan out.
There's no do overs in the NFL draft...

Well that's obvious, but we are still well within the realm of pissing and moaning about trades/picks with the draft only happening a week ago and what else are we going to talk about, Johnny Depps defimation trial or inflation!? And on the topic of shitting the bed, our new GM has certainly set himself up for additional criticism should this blow up in his face by facilitating trades with division rivals and the players those teams selected. You want to talk about some huge rolls of the dice, if this doesn't work out and it does for our division rivals...Kwesi should be absolutely hammered by the fanbase and press. 

...and if this does happen, exactly what are you going to do about it?

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@supafreak84 said:
@ArizonaViking said:

@supafreak84 said:
@Wetlander said:
@supafreak84

I get what you're saying, but the Vikings reportedly had Cine pretty high on their board and viewed him as a comparable talent to Hamilton at S. We can disagree with that, but it does shed some light on why Kwesi and company passed on Hamilton at 12 and were happy to get the extra picks and Cine at 32.

I still think they undervalued the compensation to drop back and missed a big opportunity to acquire 2023 draft capital.  But I'm fine with them picking Cine and going safety there.
I know its all a crapshoot but there was just nothing I liked about that trade down. From the compensation, to the players we passed on by trading down, to the team we traded with, to the player that team drafted, to the position we chose to address when our pick finally came around. I thought it was one of the shittier draft day trades I've ever seen as a whole. Cine might be a good player, but is he going to be a true difference maker and will we see a huge upgrade at the position from what Xavier Woods gave us last season? My argument is that he isn't and any upgrade he may give us to Woods will likely be minimal. Excellent chance percentage wise that he'll be playing for another team in 5 years if he's still in the league because that's what the percentages indicate. Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping the guy is successful but I just did not agree with the trade down and the position we chose to address. If I told everybody before the draft that we were bypassing Kyle Hamilton in a shitty trade all the way down the draft board with the Lions to pick any other safety with our first pick....everyone on here would lose their shit! I find it kind of comical now that everyone's throwing on their purple shades and trying to rationalize the shit show that occurred on draft day. 

I find it kind of comical now that everyone's throwing on their purple shades and trying to rationalize the shit show that occurred on draft day. 

That's not the reason...Nobody liked the trade, but you can only piss and moan about something for so long, then move on.  Most of us already know we have absolutely no control of the draft selections and just hope the new players pan out.

Well that's obvious, but we are still well within the realm of pissing and moaning about trades/picks with the draft only happening a week ago and what else are we going to talk about, Johnny Depps defimation trial or inflation!? And on the topic of shitting the bed, our new GM has certainly set himself up for additional criticism should this blow up in his face by facilitating trades with division rivals and the players those teams selected. You want to talk about some huge rolls of the dice, if this doesn't work out and it does for our division rivals...Kwesi should be absolutely hammered by the fanbase and press. 

Ohhh I don't know...laugh, cry, throw back a few Moscow Mules and perhaps write ownership voicing my displeasure with the organization and the decisions they make. Wouldn't be the first time. I actually received a hand written letter from Red McCombs after I wrote him voicing my displeasure when they wouldn't give Bryant McKinnie a fair rookie contract and he held out for half the season. I still have that letter. 

@ArizonaViking said:
@supafreak84 said:
@ArizonaViking said:

@supafreak84 said:
@Wetlander said:
@supafreak84

Ohhh I don't know...laugh, cry, throw back a few Moscow Mules and perhaps write ownership voicing my displeasure with the organization and the decisions they make. Wouldn't be the first time. I actually received a hand written letter from Red McCombs after I wrote him voicing my displeasure when they wouldn't give Bryant McKinnie a fair rookie contract and he held out for half the season. I still have that letter. 

I guess that is something...

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@supafreak84 said:
@ArizonaViking said:

@supafreak84 said:
@Wetlander said:
@supafreak84

There is nothing any of us are going to do about any of this.  Just like the price of oil.  But this is our entertainment/release from the real world and the price of oil.  So the latest thing of the NFL is the draft and we want to discuss, complain, cheer etc...  and give our 2 cents with inflation which is about 1 cent now.  

Every year, you have the calm cool collected, the knee jerkers and the in-between but let's let everyone express their opinion and counter discuss without "your wrong and I'm right" mentality.  We are all Diehard Viking fans who want the same thing other wise we wouldn't be on this site.  

So if we don't do the wait 3 years routine, lets discuss the draft from 3 years ago Smile

@ArizonaViking said:

@supafreak84 said:
@Wetlander said:
@supafreak84

[Image: broken-record-breaking-records.gif]

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:
@ArizonaViking said:

@supafreak84 said:
@Wetlander said:
@supafreak84

[Image: broken-record-breaking-records.gif]
I admire the balls he showed trading within the division. I don't think trading within the division is necessarily a bad thing. A good trade is a good trade and a bad one is a bad one, regardless of your partner. It's just going to make the picks involved extremely easy to follow for fans and the media. He's either going to look really good or really bad. 

Check out Ty Chandler’s high school numbers:  :o :o
Chandler grew up in Nashville, Tennessee, and attended Montgomery Bell Academy, where he was rated as consensus four-star prospect and one of the nation's top 100 recruits.
Chandler rushed for 2,252 rushing yards and 39 touchdowns as a senior in 2016, helping him earn his second Division II-AA Tennessee Mr. Football Award. He also received the honor following a junior season in which he ran for 2,558 yards and 31 touchdowns.

For those of you sitting on pins and needles, looks like we are in line for a couple late round comp picks next year...

Projected compensatory picks: Two in Round 6.
Key free-agent losses: Tyler Conklin (Jets), Xavier Woods (Panthers), Mason Cole (Steelers).
Key free-agent addition: Harrison Phillips.

Comp-pick analysis: Adding Phillips helps fortify Minnesota's defensive front, but it will also cancel compensation for the departure of Conklin to the Jets. The good news, however, is that a couple of sixth-round picks look likely to come the Vikings' way, with Woods and Cole moving on to two different squads via free agency.

Quote: @Kentis said:
Check out Ty Chandler’s high school numbers:  :o :o
Chandler grew up in Nashville, Tennessee, and attended Montgomery Bell Academy, where he was rated as consensus four-star prospect and one of the nation's top 100 recruits.
Chandler rushed for 2,252 rushing yards and 39 touchdowns as a senior in 2016, helping him earn his second Division II-AA Tennessee Mr. Football Award. He also received the honor following a junior season in which he ran for 2,558 yards and 31 touchdowns.

Looks like the Vikings are set up for Mattison's departure in '23. Cook, Kene and Chandler should be a solid group. Might just be scratching the surface of what we're going to see from Kene Nwangwu.