Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Draft Grades:
Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/.amp/news...vikings-gm

Thought there were some interesting takes in here from NFL execs and scouts.
Very interesting read...

I dont know if KAM is bat-shit trade crazy? Smarter than the rest of us? Or somewhere in between?

I do know the unconventional approach has made this old-time fan a bit uneasy

I also wonder what his draft behavior will be next year - especially in regards to what is considered a pretty good qb crop. 

These are questions that'll take a few seasons to figure out...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Wetlander" said:

Very interesting read...

I dont know if KAM is bat-shit trade crazy? Smarter than the rest of us? Or somewhere in between?

I also wonder what his draft behavior will be next year - especially in regards to what is considered a pretty good qb crop. 

May have been posted by someone, but i read that EVERYONE knew he wanted to trade down and were willing to lowball from the traditional comp list.

“they” thought it set a bad precedent. I dont necessarily agree. I think its quite possible Cine, Booth and Ingram are all day 1 starter’s. 

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Wetlander" said:

Very interesting read...

May have been posted by someone, but i read that EVERYONE knew he wanted to trade down and were willing to lowball from the traditional comp list.

“they” thought it set a bad precedent. I dont necessarily agree. I think its quite possible Cine, Booth and Ingram are all day 1 starter’s. 
Yep. Like I said, if those guys don't pan out, then get on KAM. Otherwise, its just the nerdfest of value, comp., etc. that the draftniks and GMs love to rate themselves on instead of how the actual players turn out. 

Lol...Made me think of

[Image: nerd-alert-gif.gif]

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Wetlander" said:

Very interesting read...

Yep. Like I said, if those guys don't pan out, then get on KAM. Otherwise, its just the nerdfest of value, comp., etc. that the draftniks and GMs love to rate themselves on instead of how the actual players turn out. 
It's not only hoping our own rolls of the dice pan out, but also the added element of hoping the players we allowed our division rivals to trade up for...don't. All that's going to factor hugely when evaluating this draft in a couple years. 

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Wetlander" said:

Very interesting read...

If most of the hack fans like me on this board knew/felt like the Vikings wanted to trade back, I’m sure every other GM in the league knew as well. That’s not a good thing but like you said at the end of the day, it’s about the players we got. I’m optimistic about them.