Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And Here We Go...
Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:

[Image: op44T7Pz_normal.jpg]
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 20m
The #Seahawks are re-signing TE Will Dissly to a three-year, $24 million deal, per source.  The deal was negotiated by agent Collin Roberts of @Rep1Sports.
That's a pretty good 2TE set with Dissly and Fant. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 20m
The #Seahawks are re-signing TE Will Dissly to a three-year, $24 million deal, per source.  The deal was negotiated by agent Collin Roberts of @Rep1Sports.
I can see Fant as part of a trade for DSW to SEA....

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 20m
I can see Fant as part of a trade for DSW to SEA....
Designer Shoe Warehouse?

I have no clue who DSW is either lol

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
DeShaun Watson

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
DeShaun Watson
[Image: 234WinnerWinnerChickenDinner_grande.jpg?v=1606293062]

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
· 8m
Sounds as if there could be some news on #Vikings impending free-agent O-lineman Mason Cole during the NFL's legal tampering period. Cole started 7 straight games for the Vikings last year, 4 at center and 3 at right guard, before missing the final 3 games of year with hurt elbow

Thanks for the heads up Chris, Cole to the Steelers on 3 yr deal…

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2022/3/14/22978266/mason-cole-depart-pittsburgh-steelers-minnesota-vikings

Former Cowboys’ S Xavier Woods is signing a three-year, $15.75 million deal with the Panthers, per source.

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
· 7m
Tom Brady’s loss will be Joe Burrow’s gain: Bucs’ free-agent guard Alex Cappa intends to sign a four-year, $40 million deal with the Bengals after free agency opens, per league sources.
Sidetrack from our beloved Vikings but in looking at Spotrac the last few days how good is it to be the Bengals:

1 - Joe Burrow  - 2022  Cap hit  9 million,    2023 Cap hit 11.5 million    (I wonder if they will do his fifth yr optionSmile
2 - youngest team age wise for players under contract
3 - Currently 7th most CAP space at 37 million under
4 - Chase on a 4 yr rookie deal - 2022 Cap hit 7million

That Front Office has a solid 3 years to really put them over the Top - or not [Image: smile.png] 

That's roster building 101. Not what the Vikings are doing..
-Seems pretty simple. Here is the blueprint.
-First, you need to have the worst record in the league at the time when one of the top college QBs in years is about to enter the draft so you can select that star QB.
-Second, the next year, also have a terrible record so you can draft that QB's stud college WR with whom he had one of the best college offenses of all time.
-Now, with all the cap space you will have by having your best players on rookie contracts, sign free agents to fill any obvious holes in your roster. Done. 
Kinda reminds me of the Steve Martin joke: How to be a millionaire and never pay taxes.  First, get a million dollars. ...

Yup that's the blueprint. Draft a franchise quarterback without selling the farm to do so. If that's tanking....than that's tanking. Then spending available cap and draft resources building around them on a rookie contract until its time to pay the piper once its established that they are the franchise player you wanted. That's your window in today's NFL. 

The Vikings have taken four 1st round QB's in the 60 years this franchise has been in existence. Kramer, Culpepper, Ponder, and Bridgewater with Culpepper being the highest drafted (11th overall). So in the entirety of this franchise we've never drafted a QB in the top 10 picks. That's mind blowing. We've always been just good enough to not be in position to do so. It's also no coincidence that we haven't been to a Super Bowl since 1976 and have been in groundhogs day type mediocrity for 45 years. I just see more of the same with Cousins and his contract moving forward. If I'm wrong, I'll happily be wrong...but I think the Bengals got it right and are now going to be a legit contender for at least the next four years if not longer. 

Former Cardinals and Vikings’ center Mason Cole intends to sign a three-year deal with the Pittsburgh Steelers, per source.
[Image: shgUD0ii_bigger.jpg]
Xavier Woods 3y15.75M panthers, per league source.
[Image: ycm8ibEE_bigger.jpg]
Former Giants’ TE Evan Engram intends to sign a one-year, fully-guaranteed 9 million deal that could go to $10 with incentives with the Jacksonville Jaguars, per me and