Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson To Denver
I think Cleveland and Pitt would be most likely for Cousins. I still think it would take a lot to get Kwesi to pull the trigger though. 

[Image: D7YcpEzX_normal.jpg]
Benjamin Allbright
@AllbrightNFL
· 12h
Confirms Russ wouldn't waive no trade after offers from WAS and Philly.... twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/s…

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
@pattersaur said:
@Havoc1649 said:
It’s so hard to find a franchise QB as there are only a dozen or so in the league. Wilson is usually around top 5 QB rating and top 10 QBR. This trade just highlight the demand for great players at the position. 
Cousins would likely return something similar in a trade. Maybe not all the players, but probably the picks. It’s super risky for Seattle, but they’ll have a couple of shots at replacing him. 
There is no world where the Vikings get even close to this return for Kirk with only one year left on his deal. If they did Kwesi should have a statue outside US Bank before the season starts. 
Dude, there’s almost always a new contract worked out before anything happens when it comes to a QB. 
And yes, they would get close to the picks, not likely any players. It’s insane how many of you undervalue Cousins. Cousins is in the exact same area for QBR and QB rating. Cousins could win a Super bowl next year with a good team. We just don’t happen to have one. At least on the defensive side if the ball. 
well he had that in 18 and 19 and there was no super bowl either.

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
 It’s insane how many of you undervalue Cousins. Cousins is in the exact same area for QBR and QB rating. Cousins could win a Super bowl next year with a good team. We just don’t happen to have one. At least on the defensive side if the ball.     
I hope some team values Cousins like you do and we get a great return.  The next few weeks of interest or non-interest from other teams will pretty much answer our constant debate of whether Kirk is good enough to win us a SB.  If no other team pursues Kirk I think most of those QB needy teams do not value him/stats (not W/L) as much as some on here do.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Havoc1649 said:
 It’s insane how many of you undervalue Cousins. Cousins is in the exact same area for QBR and QB rating. Cousins could win a Super bowl next year with a good team. We just don’t happen to have one. At least on the defensive side if the ball.     
I hope some team values Cousins like you do and we get a great return.  The next few weeks of interest or non-interest from other teams will pretty much answer our constant debate of whether Kirk is good enough to win us
 a SB.  If no other team pursues Kirk I think most of those QB needy teams do not value him/stats (not W/L) as much as some on here do.  

I still think a team to keep an eye in is Washington, who made a losing bid for Russell Wilson and still desperately needs a QB. They are essentially where the Vikings were when Cousins signed with us in 2018. Very good roster, below average division...but needs a QB in the worst way. Schefter brought up a great point this morning that trading for DeSaun Watson wouldn't work for them because of the political climate and investigation already into alleged sexual harassment and misconduct. There is no way Snider would bring Watson in and throw more fuel on to that fire. Cousins would be a clear upgrade to both Carson Wentz and Jimmy Garroppolo. Jordan Love is an unproven commodity and wouldn't be what they are looking for. They offered 3 first round picks and possibly players to Seattle for Wilson. I believe Cousins would agree on an extension to go back to Washington in a trade due to his familiarity with the team, and the Commanders have the cap space to give him the big money contract he wants. If we got their first this year (11th) and next years first for Cousins, done deal..

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@minny65 said:
@Havoc1649 said:
I hope some team values Cousins like you do and we get a great return.  The next few weeks of interest or non-interest from other teams will pretty much answer our constant debate of whether Kirk is good enough to win us
 a SB.  If no other team pursues Kirk I think most of those QB needy teams do not value him/stats (not W/L) as much as some on here do.  

I still think a team to keep an eye in is Washington, who made a losing bid for Russell Wilson and still desperately needs a QB. They are essentially where the Vikings were when Cousins signed with us in 2018. Very good roster, below average division...but needs a QB in the worst way. Schefter brought up a great point this morning that trading for DeSaun Watson wouldn't work for them because of the political climate and investigation already into alleged sexual harassment and misconduct. There is no way Snider would bring Watson in and throw more fuel on to that fire. Cousins would be a clear upgrade to both Carson Wentz and Jimmy Garroppolo. Jordan Love is an unproven commodity and wouldn't be what they are looking for. They offered 3 first round picks and possibly players to Seattle for Wilson. I believe Cousins would agree on an extension to go back to Washington in a trade due to his familiarity with the team, and the Commanders have the cap space to give him the big money contract he wants. If we got their first this year (11th) and next years first for Cousins, done deal..
I know it is a completely different coaching staff and roster but it is the same dufus owner and the fanbase/City does like Cousins.  I think he burned that bridge which sucks because they are a team that could use a steady QB and might have bought into Kirk's stats.  

My ideal scenario is still with Cleveland - give a healthy, young Mayfield a one year try-out and also pick up a pick or two and additional CAP space to rebuild.  

Nevermind...Wentz traded to Washington

What do the Colts do at QB now?

A lot of needs which screams rebuild not retool/tweak/extend the pain - IMO.  

A new regime is in a position to chart a new course.  

PFF - Team needs:MINNESOTA VIKINGS: CB, IOL, EDGE, QBThe new regime in Minnesota has a tall task ahead of it to get the franchise back on the right track. The cornerback room in particular needs a complete overhaul. The Vikings gave up the third-most yards on the outside (1,802) while also tying for the third-fewest plays on the ball at the position (18). None of their cornerbacks had a quality campaign, but Bashaud Breeland, who was waived in mid-December, was the main reason for the outside struggles. His 45.3 coverage grade was the fourth-lowest among qualifying cornerbacks. Slot corner Mackensie Alexander‘s down season didn’t help, either. He finished with the lowest slot coverage grade in the NFL.

NFL insider notes: How Russell Wilson trade happened and what execs say about it, plus the latest trade buzzExecs are convinced Seattle will now bid for one star QB, while the Vikings could move several big names
[Image: jasonlacanfora.png]

By Jason La Canfora 3 hrs ago

Several executives from teams who reached out to the Seahawks are convinced the Seahawks will package much of what they just landed for Wilson to make a strong bid for Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson if the outcome of the sexual assault and misconduct inquires he is facing leave him in okay standing with the NFL. Sure, Seattle could use one of these picks this year or next on a QB, but rival GMs would be stunned if they don't add a serious upgrade to Lock at some point this offseason.
And now the Broncos will turn their attention to add talent around Wilson – they already have potential breakout players at receiver – and go about extending his contract to keep him bound to the team for the duration of his career, or close to it.
Trade buzz: Vikings could move several big namesTrade conversations are heating up around the league, and while no other team will match the bombshell between the Seahawks and Broncos, there will be more action this week.
Several executives intimated they expect the Vikings to make multiple transactions. Much of the chatter has focused on quarterback Kirk Cousins and his huge contract and massive cap hit. But in general, league sources said the new regime in Minnesota is open to dealing several of their more high-priced veterans to try to reset the cap situation, add more draft picks and prepare for the future.
And the sense among some of the execs I spoke to is that the Vikings seem to understand that they aren't in position by and large to hit home runs with these trades (which are more like salary cap dumps). Receiver Adam Thielen, linebacker Eric Kendricks, defensive tackle Michael Pierce, even running back Dalvin Cook are names making the rounds. I'd be surprised if a few were not moved.

Wake me when LaCanfora gets anything right regarding the Vikings. He had Pole as a done deal.