Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dennison out as O-Line coach
He’s now a “senior offensive adviser” per Tom Pelisseroso no Tier 1 clearance

On the plus side, it provides some continuity. 

On the down side, the organization choose to provide an accommodation for an individual who doesn't give a flying fuck about his co-workers.

it likely came down to his vaccination status was not identified in his contract so they either buy him out or find a way for him to work for the team without having to get an abortion.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
On the plus side, it provides some continuity. 

On the down side, the organization choose to provide an accommodation for an individual who doesn't give a flying fuck about his co-workers.
they seem to be making those accommodations for a lot of people around the league, why should this guy be any different?  seems drawing a line in the sand for coaches but not players is pretty stupid and really flies in the face of the alleged science.

[Image: hJHj_vwK_bigger.jpg]
Zimmer said Vikings and Rick Dennison were in discussion for "about three months" before ultimately deciding that Dennison would no longer be the O-line coach and move to a senior offensive advisor role after choosing not to be vaccinated.
Zimmer: "I told Rick Spielman, ‘I’m glad that you’re patient because I’m probably not as patient as you are.’ With (Spielman), his agent Peter Schaffer and Rick Dennison, we were able to all come to an agreement, and as you said, cooler heads prevailed."
Zimmer repeated several times how important it was to find a way to keep Dennison on staff to serve in a role that would benefit the offensive product they field given how well versed he is in the scheme, etc.

Zimmer on what Rick Dennison's role will be: "He's going to watch the practice with the offensive coaches, he's going to be helping to evaluate...And then the next part, as we start getting ready for the games in the season, he'll be helping with gameplan ideas, third down ideas,
"protection ideas, things like that. Phil will be — I also felt like it was important that there was one voice in the meeting room, so he's going to be in charge of the meeting room. I've got the utmost confidence in Phil..."

Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
· 21m
Mike Zimmer said the Vikings will not have a run game coordinator this season, which was the position Rick Dennison held in addition to being the OL coach from 2019-20. Zimmer said the Vikings will "collectively" coordinate the run.

[Image: qhqnwf8rqg16.jpeg]
Meet our new Senior Offensive Adviser: “Virtual Rico”™️  B) 

Sounds like they had some issues in just letting him go so they had to create this position.  I wouldn't be surprised if it is just a title and he has little involvement with the team.  

[Image: c4gvcrbtybqv.gif]