Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think Kirk Cousins can do it......
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"dadevike" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"dadevike" said:
@"greediron" said:
Lots of fucking morons on the team.  At least he isn't doing something to put others in danger like DUI.  A football team has lots of characters.  Kirk's private beliefs are just that, private beliefs and this recent hate sent his way seems more like the non-vax is just an opening to embrace the hate and say vile things that people think about him.
I think it is kinda like dui.  I would make this trade-off with Kirk in the interest of personal freedom:
Go ahead and drive without seatbelts and airbags (so he gains a huge measure of personal freedom which he can flex every time he gets in his car) and in exchange, get the vaccine.  Feel free to get the single dose version so it's just a one-time, 5 second inconvenience.  He comes away with more personal freedom than he has now with law-mandated seat belts.  
Except its not.  Intoxicated drivers kill people.  That is a fact.  Hell, just getting in a car is much more risky than covid, but people do it all the time.  Haven't seen any socializing while unvaxxed cases in the courts.  Not yet anyway, but stupid people seem to be floating to the top lately.

Seat belts can be taken off.  Not so much with an experimental shot.  Especially one that deals with mRNA.
Hasn't Covid killed over 600K people just in the US?  (I suspect it has played a significant role in many other deaths attributed to other causes, but I accept the official numbers.) Getting in a car IS dangerous.  However, getting the vaccine is not.  At least getting in a car to go somewhere serves a useful purpose.  Not getting the vaccine serves only delusion.  To call the vaccine "experimental" is to elevate yourself above the world's best medical researchers in their area of expertise.  That's the delusion I'm talking about.

If by risk you mean the vaccine is not 100%  guaranteed safe, well then, nothing is. Being alive is a risk. It also means that something that is 99.9999999% safe also qualifies as risky because it is less than 100%.  But I know I'm wasting my breath (or my keystrokes) because none of this is an intellectual exercise.  It is purely emotional.  It is about feelings, beliefs, and faith. And there is no arguing with that. 
Sez the guy comparing experimental vaccines to seat belts.
1st: what experimental vaccine?  Please see my previous comment re delusion.

2d: since you misunderstood (intentionally or otherwise) what I said earlier, I'll clarify.  The vaccine is like a seatbelt in that, if you use it, it will protect you.  But unlike a seatbelt, the vaccine also protects others.  So if Kirk wants to take a risk in the name of personal freedom, I suggest the following trade-off: ditch the seatbelt, but get the vaccine.  That way his risk falls only on himself, and not on others.  And he will actually increase his personal freedom since he can ditch the seatbelt every time he drives while the vaccine is a 5 second inconvenience.

Let me know if I need to elaborate further.

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"dadevike" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"dadevike" said:
@"greediron" said:
Lots of fucking morons on the team.  At least he isn't doing something to put others in danger like DUI.  A football team has lots of characters.  Kirk's private beliefs are just that, private beliefs and this recent hate sent his way seems more like the non-vax is just an opening to embrace the hate and say vile things that people think about him.
I think it is kinda like dui.  I would make this trade-off with Kirk in the interest of personal freedom:
Go ahead and drive without seatbelts and airbags (so he gains a huge measure of personal freedom which he can flex every time he gets in his car) and in exchange, get the vaccine.  Feel free to get the single dose version so it's just a one-time, 5 second inconvenience.  He comes away with more personal freedom than he has now with law-mandated seat belts.  
Except its not.  Intoxicated drivers kill people.  That is a fact.  Hell, just getting in a car is much more risky than covid, but people do it all the time.  Haven't seen any socializing while unvaxxed cases in the courts.  Not yet anyway, but stupid people seem to be floating to the top lately.

Seat belts can be taken off.  Not so much with an experimental shot.  Especially one that deals with mRNA.
Hasn't Covid killed over 600K people just in the US?  (I suspect it has played a significant role in many other deaths attributed to other causes, but I accept the official numbers.) Getting in a car IS dangerous.  However, getting the vaccine is not.  At least getting in a car to go somewhere serves a useful purpose.  Not getting the vaccine serves only delusion.  To call the vaccine "experimental" is to elevate yourself above the world's best medical researchers in their area of expertise.  That's the delusion I'm talking about.

If by risk you mean the vaccine is not 100%  guaranteed safe, well then, nothing is. Being alive is a risk. It also means that something that is 99.9999999% safe also qualifies as risky because it is less than 100%.  But I know I'm wasting my breath (or my keystrokes) because none of this is an intellectual exercise.  It is purely emotional.  It is about feelings, beliefs, and faith. And there is no arguing with that. 
Sez the guy comparing experimental vaccines to seat belts.
1st: what experimental vaccine?  Please see my previous comment re delusion.

2d: since you misunderstood (intentionally or otherwise) what I said earlier, I'll clarify.  The vaccine is like a seatbelt in that, if you use it, it will protect you.  But unlike a seatbelt, the vaccine also protects others.  So if Kirk wants to take a risk in the name of personal freedom, I suggest the following trade-off: ditch the seatbelt, but get the vaccine.  That way his risk falls only on himself, and not on others.  And he will actually increase his personal freedom since he can ditch the seatbelt every time he drives while the vaccine is a 5 second inconvenience.

Let me know if I need to elaborate further.
how does me getting vaccinated protect others?  seems that vaccinated are getting the virus at a pretty high rate in places that are actually still testing vaccinated people,  and if they can get the virus they can transmit the virus ( and if they can get the virus it stands to reason that the virus will be able to mutate in vaccinated people as well (( I am waiting to hear back from an epidemiologist to confirm that though)))... so really the only reason to get the vaccine is for you and your loved ones as far as I can see,  not that there is a damn thing wrong with that though.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1423144143686098950

Maybe this will help. Unlikely, but worth a shot. More likely, much like the fucking ammosexuals in this country, until a family member dies, they still won't get it.

Kirk:
https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1...91461?s=20
https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1...28096?s=20

Ummm... I just... was he asked the plexiglass thing as a question? I mean... ummm..

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
Kirk:
https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1...91461?s=20
https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1...28096?s=20

Ummm... I just... was he asked the plexiglass thing as a question? I mean... ummm..
Hands to the face emoji x One million

This sounds familiar. He's probably been super googling some studies.

https://twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/142...29312?s=20

[Image: fhwqozw9hyjn.jpeg]

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
This sounds familiar. He's probably been super googling some studies.

https://twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/142...29312?s=20
This is the not-necessary-but-more-than-sufficient piece of indisputable evidence that one is dealing with a delusional individual.  Cannot wait to be rid of this clown.