Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I the only one that doubts QB Mac Jones?
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells Cover your ears.

Brooks is calling Pitts the best player in the draft. I watched enough Gator football to realize he's pretty much a unicorn. I think with the slightest bit of imagination, you can give DCs nightmares. He's a field tilter.
if we were picking 5 spots higher I would be banging the table to move up and get him,  Imagine him opposite of ISj?  With the other weapons we have?  Goodnight Edith.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Brooks is calling Pitts the best player in the draft. I watched enough Gator football to realize he's pretty much a unicorn. I think with the slightest bit of imagination, you can give DCs nightmares. He's a field tilter.
if we were picking 5 spots higher I would be banging the table to move up and get him,  Imagine him opposite of ISj?  With the other weapons we have?  Goodnight Edith.
Here's just one scenario: You line up in 13 personnel, 1 RB, 3 TEs. Heavy run package, right? DC has to counter with a third LB. Now you split ISJ and Pitts out wide. Thielen and Jefferson have to draw CBs. That leaves either S or a LB on the TEs. Ouch.

@"BarrNone55" said:

Goodnight Archie...

@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Here's just one scenario: You line up in 13 personnel, 1 RB, 3 TEs. Heavy run package, right? DC has to counter with a third LB. Now you split ISJ and Pitts out wide. Thielen and Jefferson have to draw CBs. That leaves either S or a LB on the TEs. Ouch.
or they counter with a dime package and you motion them in tight and get after their smaller DBs with the run.   basically you could pass them out of their base or nickel, and run them out of their dime.

You can quickly get over the valuation issues of a TE when you realize Pitts is a WR who plays TE. 

Mike Evans:
Height - 6'5"
Weight - 231 lbs 
Bench - 12 reps 
Vertical - 37" 
Broad Jump - N/A
40 yard - 4.53
10 split - 1.57
shuttle - 4.26
3-cone - 7.08

Kyle Pitts: 
Height - 6'5"
Weight - 245 lbs 
Bench - 22 reps 
Vertical - 33.5" 
Broad Jump - 10' 
40 yard - 4.44
10 split - 1.55
shuttle - 4.3
3-cone - 7.12

Nobody really considered Evans a TE coming out of A&M but Pitts is bigger and faster. You could line him up at WR and entire game and nobody would bat an eye. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

really have to wonder why Detroit isnt looking to jump up and grab him?  that would get them into about every game right there as most all defenses will have a hard time accounting for him with just one defender.

Oh he'd be a nightmare alright. Love to have him, but he's still a tight end, a position where it's not only possible, but common to find mismatch nightmares later in the draft. Gronk (2nd round) Kittle (5th round), Kelce (3rd round), Waller (6th round). Is he better than all those guys? Probably. But I don't take him even if he, by some miracle, dropped to 14. Not over the edges and OLs that we should be able to find there. Even if he is Tony Gonzalez, he's still going to be spending half his time blocking for this team, which he doesn't do particularly well. And which takes training time away from learning routes. It's why TEs seldom contribute much their first or even second season. 

What's more, when I watch him, I see a very good tight end with incredible size/speed/ball skills. But I don't see a generational, revolutionary player like Moss was, which is what I'm hearing a lot. He doesn't have that kind of juice, that level of fluidity or effortlessness.  

And, yes, I'm aware I'm the only person on the planet saying this. :-)

read on another site that the Vikings moving up for a QB is being circulated... I dont buy it,  but I have read it.

@"BarrNone55" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

really have to wonder why Detroit isnt looking to jump up and grab him?  that would get them into about every game right there as most all defenses will have a hard time accounting for him with just one defender.
No appetite for kneecaps.

read on another site that the Vikings moving up for a QB is being circulated... I dont buy it,  but I have read it.
They've done the background to make that move if they like a guy enough. Comes down to is their choice there are #4 (or after) and what it costs.