Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridgewater returning?
Shredded every ligament in his knee....  I thought his leg fell off.

Quote: @NodakViking said:
Really - please provide a link to the doctors or vikings that said he shredded every ligament.  Much appreciated.

Quote: @KyVikesFan11 said:
Twitter rumors from several pretty solid twitter sources are strongly hinting that Teddy has been or is within days of being cleared to practice.  The rumors seem to be that he will come off the PUP sometime this week.  If this is true, things are about to get crazy.
We're running out of week...

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Other rumors out there that the NFL has decided that not being cleared for games means that pup designation is available for the player. 

I am hoping that is the case. If he isn't cleared for games then he should be put on the PUP

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Makes no sense with the signing of leidener,  if there is going to be any big news it's likely that he is going to the PUP for sure,  or it will be about one of the other QBs.    
Unless a miracle happened in the last 2 weeks or he was really putting on a show he was not close to being ready to return to contact.
Leidner is an after thought, he's not making the team, the only person that think he has a shot at the 53 is his Mother.

Maybe he makes the PS but I think that's just as unlikely.

If we're taking 3 QBs into the regular season, I hope it's
1. Bradford 2. Keenan
3. Bridgewater and (Bridgewater is 3 just to get healthier)

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Makes no sense with the signing of leidener,  if there is going to be any big news it's likely that he is going to the PUP for sure,  or it will be about one of the other QBs.    
Unless a miracle happened in the last 2 weeks or he was really putting on a show he was not close to being ready to return to contact.
Leidner is an after thought, he's not making the team, the only person that think he has a shot at the 53 is his Mother.

1. Bradford 2. Keenan
Teddy wont count until the take him off the PUP completely.

Quote: @twgerber said:
@NodakViking said:
Really - please provide a link to the doctors or vikings that said he shredded every ligament.  Much appreciated.
I was mocking the shredded every ligament comments from a couple posters..I could have been more eloquent or at least used emoji's

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@JimmyinSD said:

1. Bradford 2. Keenan
I know, so mark me down for 2 QBs on the final 53.

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@JimmyinSD said:

1. Bradford 2. Keenan
I know, so mark me down for 2 QBs on the final 53.

I think they will carry all 3 and then the loser of Keenum vs Heineke will be gone to make room for Teddy,  Heineke has PS eligibility so that makes sense to cut him,  but Keenum likely has higher salary benefits so who know.  Neither have shown to be starter material IMO.

I think Keenum is alright; he's a lot better than Shaun Hill was, no? I think Keenum could hold down the starting job until Bridgewater's PUP stay ended, should Bradford go down. I think his biggest attributes are experience and professionalism. He can digest a gameplan and give Shurmur something to build around week to week. His college stat line is cool, but arm ability isn't exactly special by NFL standards. Nothing really jumps out at you about his game, but he completes passes and generally doesn't look foolish.

I'd love to see Heineke succeed, but i'm not sure if he is stable enough week in and out to be in a position to be relied upon. I'd like to see the game shrink around him, and while I loved his preseason drive and dive to win the game the other day, I just wish he looked more in command and in control. I know he was getting pressured quick - I just don't know. He doesn't always appear like the game has slowed down for him, if that's a good way to explain what i'm trying to say.  - I was really impressed with a throw towards the pylon at the end of the game - he rolled away from pressure and then ran out of the pocket. His running body language said, "that guy has a knife" and "where can I go?!" Then he squares up his throwing motion and lets it float about as fast as his eyes looked up and saw it. He floats the ball to the open part of the field in the direction of his running WR. He put it where the WR got it and the DB could not. It was impressive. Is that the QB that always shows up though?

We kinda know what we get from Keenum. When we have 2 injury riddled QBs on the roster already, I think just makes a ton of sense to keep Keenum around. He's the 2 until Teddy comes back; put Heineke on the PS and if he goes somewhere else, lets move on. We've got bigger strung fish waiting to be fried.