Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what in the Wide World of Sports is going on with Diggs?
I guess Diggs views himself as more of a receiver than a downfield blocker for a run-oriented football team...

"We'll see"

Said Zimmer
Said Stefanski
Said Diggs

The answer when asked will he/you play Sunday. 

[Image: Minnesota%20Vikings_0.png]
Stefon Diggs (not injury related) was a full participant in Thursday's practice.It was an eventful day for Diggs, who essentially confirmed his trade request. For his part, coach Mike Zimmer refused comment. Diggs was reportedly catching passes from No. 3 QB Jake Browning. We have not heard the last of this one. For now, Diggs can remain penciled in as a boom/bust WR2.
Oct 3, 2019, 4:26 PM ET

This is why I hate sports media.  He said "I didn't ask for a trade, and neither did my agent." Yes, he also said "there is some truth to every rumor," but who knows the context of that.  I think Pat McAfee nailed it.  Cousin's comes out, says sorry to AT about missing him and calls him the best player.  What does that say to Diggs?  I will say I understand the frustration, but this is a stupid scenario. 

My frustration is we know the line sucks.  We know we didn't do a whole lot about it.  Plan around it.  TE to help block, and fast developing routes.  Get the ball in the hands of guys that can make plays.  Yes Cousins needs to  put on the big boy pants and let it rip, but lets actually put ourselves in a position to win. 

I'm officially changing my stance to "Where there's smoke, there's fire"

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Stefon Diggs (not injury related) was a full participant in Thursday's practice.Diggs was reportedly catching passes from No. 3 QB Jake Browning.

So is it confirmed that he's not even practicing with Cousins? If true... Yikes

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Stefon Diggs (not injury related) was a full participant in Thursday's practice.Diggs was reportedly catching passes from No. 3 QB Jake Browning.

So is it confirmed that he's not even practicing with Cousins? If true... Yikes

In my day, we would call that "Butt-hurt"...

Cousins is toast and Diggs knows it. I've seen it before. Ponder was a Heisman contender at FSU setting ACC passing records before he hurt his shoulder. Next season he comes back and the Line is pure shit and he's running for his life. Developed permanent Happy Feet. That's why I warned against drafting him.

While the Skins seemed to have a lot of injuries on their Line they still gave him enough time to sling it. KC got lit up last year and it's in his head now, for good. Statistics so far this season say he's got as much time to throw as any QB and we've all seen the wide open WRs.  But Kirk can't. All he sees are ghosts.

He's toast and Rick especially and Zimmer's 'take no risks' approach are to blame. I don't ever recall seeing a QB get Happy Feet and recover. My dad is 75 and he called it weeks ago. I don't know if Cousins was ever gonna be The One to help this team to a title but that longship has now sailed.

On to the Draft! 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Everyone is available at the right price...

I like Diggs a lot as a player. I'd hate to see him go - too much pressure on Thielen.

I'm not convinced we have another WR on the roster that can beat 1:1 coverage besides our 2 starters. 
We do not. It isn't even a position we are deep at. Diggs took a huge step back in my guys I'm glad we got book. He was like top 5. I really thought getting Kirk would end all this WR's wanting out sch!t. How many times can I be wrong.
It's quickly becoming that kinda season.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
Cousins is toast and Diggs knows it. I've seen it before. Ponder was a Heisman contender at FSU setting ACC passing records before he hurt his shoulder. Next season he comes back and the Line is pure shit and he's running for his life. Developed permanent Happy Feet. That's why I warned against drafting him.

While the Skins seemed to have a lot of injuries on their Line they still gave him enough time to sling it. KC got lit up last year and it's in his head now, for good. Statistics so far this season say he's got as much time to throw as any QB and we've all seen the wide open WRs.  But Kirk can't. All he sees are ghosts.

He's toast and Rick especially and Zimmer's 'take no risks' approach are to blame. I don't ever recall seeing a QB get Happy Feet and recover. My dad is 75 and he called it weeks ago. I don't know if Cousins was ever gonna be The One to help this team to a title but that longship has now sailed.

On to the Draft! 
Agreed 100%. Know way at this point in his career under this kind of pressure with that contract, that Cousins does anything but shrink up. The team is sunk and Diggs knows it. I think reviewing film after that Bear's loss showed even in greater detail how open guys were and it was sickening.

This franchise better draft a f@#$ing QB in round 1 next Spring.