Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Bustwater?
Quote: @"Sir Viking Bob VWO" said:
@"prairieghost" said:
In all my years of watching the NFL I have never heard of a player being called a bust because he suffered a career threatening injury and was let go. Do you really believe Cousins would even be here if Teddy didn't suffer that injury?? If you do I've got a bridge to sell you...
Yeah, if the 2 seasons that he didn't play, due to injury, he didn't get any better.... he wasn't anything special. I don't care that he was young and had so-called potential. He still wasn't anything special
lol.  Winning the north was nothing special.  He did what was asked of him and won games while improving.  Then why did everyone salivate over Bradford.  he has never been anything special either.  It is always potential with him.

@"prairieghost" said:
In all my years of watching the NFL I have never heard of a player being called a bust because he suffered a career threatening injury and was let go. Do you really believe Cousins would even be here if Teddy didn't suffer that injury?? If you do I've got a bridge to sell you...
Yeah, if the 2 seasons that he didn't play, due to injury, he didn't get any better.... he wasn't anything special. I don't care that he was young and had so-called potential. He still wasn't anything special
Felton Spencer had lots of potential. The P word is one of the curse words.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Sir Viking Bob VWO" said:
@"prairieghost" said:
lol.  Winning the north was nothing special.  He did what was asked of him and won games while improving.  Then why did everyone salivate over Bradford.  he has never been anything special either.  It is always potential with him.
Bradford looked like an NFL QB when he went under center. It was pretty obvious to see what had been missing the first game against the Packers in 16. That said, I never considered him a savior either, just better than what they had since 09.

@"prairieghost" said:
So did Ponder....   see the point? 

@"greediron" said:
@"prairieghost" said:
no.

@"greediron" said:
@"prairieghost" said:
no.
Shocking ....

@"greediron" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"prairieghost" said:
no.
Shocking ....
That you failed to make a point?  I know, right?

Saying "he didn't get any better" pretty much sums up your opinions in this area.  Comparing him to Ponder?  Not sure the relevance.  Potential is Bradfords middle name.

Quote: @"greediron" said
@"greediron" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"prairieghost" said:
no.
Shocking ....
That you failed to make a point?  I know, right?

Saying "he didn't get any better" pretty much sums up your opinions in this area.  Comparing him to Ponder?  Not sure the relevance.  Potential is Bradfords middle name.
It could be relevant considering they (Ponder and Bridgewater) both won the NFC north with similar stat lines. Actually, Ponder may have had a better deep ball than Teddy, with Teddy having better short accuracy and timing.

As far as comparing Bradford and Teddy goes, the Vikes deactivating Bridgewater so Bradford could be available is all any reasonable person person needs to know which the Vikes coaching staff preferred. Much like Ponder being 3rd string behind Teddy when he was drafted.

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
@"prairieghost" said:
Bottom line, he wasn't a bust and it's a joke to call him a bust. When I think of a bust, I think of Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, Akili Smith...anybody that puts Teddy in that class of guys as a "bust" just has a bias.
"Bottom line" Bridgewater is in the class of busts like Joey Harrington and Christian Ponder....anybody that doesn't put Teddy in that category just has a bias.

Asked today by New York reporters whether he’ll be able to participate in spring workouts, Bridgewater declined to answer.
“That’s something I’m not comfortable talking about right now,” Bridgewater said. “I’m pretty sure that’ll be a discussion that I have with the training staff. We’ll come up with a plan moving forward.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ly-healed/