Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN: 'Vikings cannot let Keenum walk after this season'
Lol. I agree. The stats are the only reason I posted it. I followed a link from a Cougar board and I just happened to see this one and thought lets see what they have to say and it was a blah blah blah then the comparison came up and I went "I don't think I've seen this one before". I thought Case cooled down a little at the end because of the conservative play calling. I've seen some of the talking heads still don't get it about Case. They talk about him playing for average OC and you see what you get then bring up Geoff and how well he also was doing after being out from Fisher and I'm thinking " well I think a Tom Brady wouldn't have won if he was with Fisher". My point is they were saying Case is average then use Fisher as a example. It was like well maybe he's learned over the years and has gotten good but maybe FISHER'S offensive system sucks. It was like this Keenum under center it's a run, Keenum in shotgun it was a pass. Please . It was that basic. No imagination. All I know after y'all win the SB it will be interesting to see what these talking heads say. There are some players you can't go by the measurable's and Case is one of them. He has his swagger back that he has been missing due to all the lousy coaches and teams and I don't think he will lose it no matter who the OC is. They talk about his wildness yet he threw, what, 6 interceptions during the season to 22 TD's. That's a 3 to 1 ratio.

Quote: @KingBash said:
@UHcougar33 said:
GMF Analyst on Case. Sorry if this has already been posted.

You just found the one show I can't watch. I love the coverage we're getting and the stat about Keenum vs. Brady is actually interesting but these four are such cornballs. It's football for Millenials. Have it hosted by some cute chick, a former player, and then two goofy New York hipster guys.
...and yet the cute chick actually made actual sense, unlike 9 out of 10 talking head "experts", ex-players, that talk, simply to generate clicks on some other platform that they not so secretly pimp via yet some other social media platform. Now THAT is un watchable.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@KingBash said:
@UHcougar33 said:

You just found the one show I can't watch. I love the coverage we're getting and the stat about Keenum vs. Brady is actually interesting but these four are such cornballs. It's football for Millenials. Have it hosted by some cute chick, a former player, and then two goofy New York hipster guys.
...and yet the cute chick actually made actual sense, unlike 9 out of 10 talking head "experts", ex-players, that talk, simply to generate clicks on some other platform that they not so secretly pimp via yet some other social media platform. Now THAT is un watchable.
Oh yeah for sure, it wasn't personal against her. I just hate their blue-print for getting eyeballs on screens. 

Going further, I'm obsessed with Kay Adams. I hate that I don't make millions and live near her. I'd love to disappoint her someday.

Quote: @KingBash said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@KingBash said:
@UHcougar33 said:

Oh yeah for sure, it wasn't personal against her. I just hate their blue-print for getting eyeballs on screens. 

Going further, I'm obsessed with Kay Adams. I hate that I don't make millions and live near her. I'd love to disappoint her someday.
Send her a picture, and bank statement, mission accomplished... Wink

Quote: @FSUVike said:
So Spielman caught flak for signing Rudy and Wright to contract extensions before they had put up enough of a body of work to merit those deals in the minds of many here but one year of Case with a red-hot OC that was.uber in demand to be a HC with Elite WRs and good weapons all around equals "Sign him up or else"?

I can't keep up any more Wink
Sigh.

Well neither Bradford nor Bridgewater have ever had a season like Case just had, and both have MAJOR question marks regarding their health, so we should probably sign one of them instead?

Trust me, I’m the one who can’t keep up.  I don’t honestly know what Keenum has to do anymore in order to win some of you guys over.  The goalposts keep getting moved for the guy.

A lot is going to depend on how our playoff goes, of course.  But I think Case will be back with starter money.   I think to try to bring Teddy back too, much as respect him (his talent and how he has handled himself) is just asking for a QB controversy.  I think making it an open competition would divide the locker room.  Teddy is young, he was the heir apparent and would consider being a back up as an insult.  And Case would rightfully think he has earned the job.  its a recipe for disaster.  I dont think the same would happen with Case and Sam.  In that scenerio who is number one is pretty clear.  Its Case’s show unless he stumbles badly or is injured.  

Like I've said several times, only on this board are there the Keenum naysayers: the rest of Viking fandom has a major crush otherwise. The debating of him while the Vikings ride into the NFCC game in spectacular fashion of which his play was a major part is interesting by some to say the least. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Like I've said several times, only on this board are there the Keenum naysayers: the rest of Viking fandom has a major crush otherwise. The debating of him while the Vikings ride into the NFCC game in spectacular fashion of which his play was a major part is interesting by some to say the least. 

If you caricature the "naysayers" as Teddy fanboys who hate Case Keenum then you’re right. That opinion only exists on this board, because it only exists in your head. 

If you characterize our opinion as unconvinced Keenum is the QB we should commit to long term, then that is not just an opinion heard on this board. It’s everywhere. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
That is the furthest thing from the truth. I don't think the majority here are firmly against resigning Case. But anyone rationale isn't going to suggest bending over and writing the guy a blank check for his performance this season. If the league thought Case was a star in the wings he would have gotten more than a single year contract for $2M (the Vikings probably learned from this). Players can develop rapidly, but there is still risk in resigning Case without Shurmur. The point is that you need to balance that risk and price point with the risks of the other QB's on your roster. Sam is the most talented but can't stay healthy, Teddy is a complete unknown. But that is where the door also opens for external options and developmental draft picks as well. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@StickyBun said:
That is the furthest thing from the truth. I don't think the majority here are firmly against resigning Case. But anyone rationale isn't going to suggest bending over and writing the guy a blank check for his performance this season. If the league thought Case was a star in the wings he would have gotten more than a single year contract for $2M (the Vikings probably learned from this). Players can develop rapidly, but there is still risk in resigning Case without Shurmur. The point is that you need to balance that risk and price point with the risks of the other QB's on your roster. Sam is the most talented but can't stay healthy, Teddy is a complete unknown. But that is where the door also opens for external options and developmental draft picks as well. 
It isn't. Who's writing him a blank check? But there is a going rate for that kind of season and performance and it won't be cheap. Its total fan-think to say sign him to a 'mid-range' contract with incentives...hilarious. He and his agent are going to strike while the iron is hot. Timing is everything. He won't break the bank but he won't come on the cheap, either. Aptly so. How can the organization commit to Bradford with that problematic knee? And Teddy is an unknown, like you mention. I wish the team could commit to Sam, but I don't see how. But he's the most talented. 

Viking Nation will lose their shit if they walk from Keenum, guaranteed. The team likes a lot about his game. He's proven he can take a team to the NFCC game. I think the 'too close to the forest to see the trees' crowd this is lost on.