Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Caddyshack, Blazing Saddles or Young Frankenstein?
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
You aren't the only one Jimmy. I am not a fan of it or Blazing Saddles.
Blazing Saddles was funny,  some of it forced and then not funny,   but it provides amusement to me,  very little of YF made me even smirk.  Good humor shouldn't have to beaten in for people to recognize it.  

On a side note I had forgotten how cute Teri Garr was...of course I wasn't very old during her career so....
You know, sometimes those shows just don't hit the funny bone.  But watch it again.  Laugh at the lines over a beer with a like minded friend.

Napoleon Dynamite was like that.  First time watching, it was rather meh.  But then recalling some of the lines later with some other guys, and the humor starts to sink in.  Then it is funny as can be.

Those movies are about quotability IMO.  "I'm somebody now", "abby, abby abbynormel" 
Saw Napoleon Dynamite in the theatre when it came out. My wife laughed so hard I was embarrassed and I really didnt enjoy it.

Took me the 2nd or 3rd watch to appreciate it. Now I think its funny as hell...

Have to necro bump this one.  Had a "boys night" with my older boys this break.  We watched Lampoon's European Vacation, Caddyshack and Blazing Saddles. 

I must say I was disappointed in Caddyshack.  Not as good as I remember and was generally panned by my boys.  Blazing Saddles was a hit tho. 

Lampoon's European vacation was rather uncomfortable in spots (the creepy talk show host at the beginning in light of recent Hollywood scandals).  It has its moments, but wasn't given great reviews either. 

Blazing Saddles was enjoyed and often quoted since.

LOL my son hated caddyshack.  didnt think it was funny at all.  And other than Rodney, I agree after watching it again.

Young Frankenstein.  Like 'em all but that one is the best.  I have the DVD for both this one and the 30th anniversary edition of Blazing Saddles.

Stripes, actually.

Have to necro bump this one.  Had a "boys night" with my older boys this break.  We watched Lampoon's European Vacation, Caddyshack and Blazing Saddles. 

I must say I was disappointed in Caddyshack.  Not as good as I remember and was generally panned by my boys.  Blazing Saddles was a hit tho. 

Lampoon's European vacation was rather uncomfortable in spots (the creepy talk show host at the beginning in light of recent Hollywood scandals).  It has its moments, but wasn't given great reviews either. 

european vacation was certainly the weakest of the vacation movies IMO,  not even close to mentioning in with the likes of Caddyshack and Blazing Saddles.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:

european vacation was certainly the weakest of the vacation movies IMO,  not even close to mentioning in with the likes of Caddyshack and Blazing Saddles.
It was part of a 3 dvd set. 

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:

It was part of a 3 dvd set. 
They should have substituted The Great Outdoors or any of the other vacations... that one really doesnt hold up IMO to the others with it.

Big Lebowski, on top, then Animal House and Caddyshack.  There are rules this isn't nam.

Young Frankenstein.  Peter Boyle doing “puttin’ on the ritz” was gold.  also, the kindly old blind man setting fire to everything with his candle... “what hump?”... marty Feldman as Eye-gor..  just great.