Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Vikings make trade with Houston, add 1st round pick
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Havoc1649 said:
I don’t think Nix makes it out of the top 10. It’s posible he’s the target and they are guaranteeing they can get him. I think the NFL likes him far more than pundits do. Tape doesn’t lie. Dropping a bomb in the bucket in stride at 60 yards at his pro day probably didn’t hurt him either. 

Jayden Daniels is my number 1 and he could be on their board as well. This is the guy I think they are targeting and trying to get to 2. 
I'll personally be shocked if Nix is anywhere near the top 10. 
I honestly don't think he will go in the 1st round. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@StickyBun said:
@Havoc1649 said:
I don’t think Nix makes it out of the top 10. It’s posible he’s the target and they are guaranteeing they can get him. I think the NFL likes him far more than pundits do. Tape doesn’t lie. Dropping a bomb in the bucket in stride at 60 yards at his pro day probably didn’t hurt him either. 

Jayden Daniels is my number 1 and he could be on their board as well. This is the guy I think they are targeting and trying to get to 2. 
I'll personally be shocked if Nix is anywhere near the top 10. 
I honestly don't think he will go in the 1st round. 
I have seen a lot of Nix and he is one of my favorite QBs in this draft, there is no way he is not taken in the first half of the draft and possibly top third.  

i really do feel as though this trade was made with the plan to trade up and secure a QB. I think whether they trade up to 3 or 5 and who they take depends on what the Commanders do with the #2 pick. 

If the Commanders go with Maye, we call up LA and move to 5 for JJM

if the Commanders go with Daniels, the call goes to New England for #3 and Maye. 

I gotta think with Washington shipping off Howell and grabbing Mariota, their philosophy might be shifting to an offense featuring a mobile running QB. That would mean Daniels at 2, but I’m just speculating 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
KO is a phenomenal play designer and the players love him. He's decent with his challenges and he's young enough to have upside. Anyone upset about the job he's done has unrealistic expectations.
Anyways back to the topic... BOOM! (Hi Wet)
Losing next year's second stings but overall good move. Now we need the Pats to go for it. I'm really hoping for another announcement fairly quickly. Would sit much more comfortable knowing we have a top 4 pick in hand versus sweating it out for the next month+, but that may be the reality.
Either way, I admire Kwesi for having a plan and working it. Whether it's a good plan or not remains to be seen but kudos to him for having a vision and trying to make it happen.
Honestly even if we move up to the 3 and take Penix, there will be people who bemoan VaLuE or whatever but if the team has conviction on one guy, then they need that guy. Even if it's an "overpay". Teams get crazy every year and draft players way before they're mocked. They can't leave the face of the franchise to chance... as I've been telling you all  Wink.
Let's go get JJM or Maye!!! I'll have NFLShop.com on standby on draft night so I can grab the jersey of our new face of the franchise, and I won't be the only one. Waiter, please top off my kool-aid!
Will the Vikings be getting compensatory picks for Cousins and Hunter next year? Or are they offset by some of the signings the Vikings made?

I thought Monday's "We're Dying at the Kirk Cousins Funeral Procession" around here was kind of amusing.  Today's "Here Comes the Vikings Draft, Motherfuckers!" parade is even more fun.  =)

Quote: @comet52 said:
I thought Monday's "We're Dying at the Kirk Cousins Funeral Procession" around here was kind of amusing.  Today's "Here Comes the Vikings Draft, Motherfuckers!" parade is even more fun.  =)
lol, awesome. 

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
Why does everyone assume we are going to trade up?  There is some solid talent at QB after those top three.  I predict they like either Penix or Nix and will pull the trigger on one of those at 11 and get a middle DT stuffer at 23.  That would be a rock solid day 1 first round

True, perhaps they know Penix won't be there at 42, so maybe take Verse at 11 and Penix at 23.

Quote: @comet52 said:
What I'm getting a kick out of is the mental gymnastics certain posters are doing to shit on the moves made this week. Moves they have been droning on about for years needing to be made. Obviously it's all dependent on them getting that QB. But man if this week hasn't been prime example of KAM being damned if he does damned if he doesn't I don't know what it.

Quote: @bigbone62 said:
@comet52 said:
What I'm getting a kick out of is the mental gymnastics certain posters are doing to shit on the moves made this week. Moves they have been droning on about for years needing to be made. Obviously it's all dependent on them getting that QB. But man if this week hasn't been prime example of KAM being damned if he does damned if he doesn't I don't know what it.
Some people are just wired that way. And Viking fans are the worst. Doesn't matter if it's about Rick or Kwesi or Kirk or Sam or Kevin or Drake or JJ....