Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson released by Broncos
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I'd take Daniel Jones as a band aid guy if the Giants grab a QB early in round 1 at #6. The word is he's definitely out. He'll be 27 years old in May. Love to see what KOC and McCown could do on turning his career around. Full of talent, big kid. But I think the Giants really can't deal or cut him until after this upcoming season and then they have their out. 
If Brian Daboll couldn't wring any production out of him, I highly doubt anyone else can.  Sometimes you just have to believe what you're seeing.  He's not that good.  I mean, he could easily be a back up for the rest of his career, but no franchise is going to hitch their wagon to him....or at least they shouldn't. 
Odds say you are right, it doesn't happen very often. I'm not really talking about 'hitching the wagon' to him, but more as a bridge guy that might have some upside. He's played in 60 games over his career. He's been in the playoffs. 
The Jones issue (amongst many) is the dead cap hit makes it almost impossible for the Giants to cut him, and his contract makes it almost impossible for any team to want to trade for him as his hits, if you retain him, are 41 and 58 million dollars in '25 and '26. There's just no way. I'd gladly take Wilson, with all his quirks, on a one year low-salary deal over taking on Jones and that contract.

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I'd take Daniel Jones as a band aid guy if the Giants grab a QB early in round 1 at #6. The word is he's definitely out. He'll be 27 years old in May. Love to see what KOC and McCown could do on turning his career around. Full of talent, big kid. But I think the Giants really can't deal or cut him until after this upcoming season and then they have their out. 
If Brian Daboll couldn't wring any production out of him, I highly doubt anyone else can.  Sometimes you just have to believe what you're seeing.  He's not that good.  I mean, he could easily be a back up for the rest of his career, but no franchise is going to hitch their wagon to him....or at least they shouldn't. 
Odds say you are right, it doesn't happen very often. I'm not really talking about 'hitching the wagon' to him, but more as a bridge guy that might have some upside. He's played in 60 games over his career. He's been in the playoffs. 
The Jones issue (amongst many) is the dead cap hit makes it almost impossible for the Giants to cut him, and his contract makes it almost impossible for any team to want to trade for him as his hits, if you retain him, are 41 and 58 million dollars in '25 and '26. There's just no way. I'd gladly take Wilson, with all his quirks, on a one year low-salary deal over taking on Jones and that contract.
Yeah, I mentioned the problematic part of his (Jones) contract in an earlier post. 

If you are willing to take Wilson, as washed as he is and basically nuts, for one year then does it really matter who you get then? Ex-teammates have bitched about the guy being a headcase. Just put any cheap POS of shit back there then and wake me up on September 1st, 2025 because this upcoming season will be garbage. There has to be a better option than Wingnut Wilson.

@"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Yeah, I mentioned the problematic part of his (Jones) contract in an earlier post. 

If you are willing to take Wilson, as washed as he is and basically nuts, for one year then does it really matter who you get then? Ex-teammates have bitched about the guy being a headcase. Just put any cheap POS of shit back there then and wake me up on September 1st, 2025 because this upcoming season will be garbage. There has to be a better option than Wingnut Wilson.

That’s the bind we’re in: there might not be. With TB resigning Evans I gotta think that means Baker is probably back there unless a team really overpays. Minshew is a costlier, better Mullens but he’s not moving the needle towards a Super Bowl. No one available is unless the team hits the jackpot in the draft or makes some insane trade for someone like Dak (spitballing…) that none of us see coming.

Without Kirk yeah, 2024 will be a fun season because it’s Vikings football and we all love the Vikings. But a successful one? Ehhh.

Without Kirk the only way fans are going to really be invested is if the club starts a rookie. And that can go south in a hurry, as we’ve seen many times. Rock, hard place, etc.

Just sign Barkley and give him 400 touches I guess.

@"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Well like I mentioned in an earlier post, Wilson's stats last season (even missing the last couple games) dwarfed the best season of the very guy you are advocating for as an option in Jones. Add on the salary/contract and Wilson is clearly the better option 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Well like I mentioned in an earlier post, Wilson's stats last season (even missing the last couple games) dwarfed the best season of the very guy you are advocating for as an option in Jones. Add on the salary/contract and Wilson is clearly the better option 
Clearly the better option to do what? 

@"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Clearly the better option to do what? 
He would be the better option in the hypothetical between him and Jones as a bridge QB in Minnesota 

I wouldn't anticipate the Vikings having much if any interest in Mr. Unlimited. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Of course not. During Silly Season, I always find it interesting into what fan's can talk themselves into.

It's time to quit sifting through the scraps from Longshank's table and sign Cousins or go draft the QB you want.
Those are the only two reasonable options regardless of cost!

@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Of course not. During Silly Season, I always find it interesting into what fan's can talk themselves into.
What would his goofy catchphrase be if he joined the Vikings?