Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...Trumplestilskin is Skipping the Debate. SHOCKER!
I know that according to Savannah it is hypocrisy for me to post a joke about Trump supporters since I have never been one, but I did think this was funny:

How many Trump supporters does it take to change a lightbulb? None. Trump says it’s done and they all cheer in the dark.

Please don't get triggered by this Trumpflakes, it is only a joke.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
I know that according to Savannah it is hypocrisy for me to post a joke about Trump supporters since I have never been one, but I did think this was funny:

How many Trump supporters does it take to change a lightbulb? None. Trump says it’s done and they all cheer in the dark.

Please don't get triggered by this Trumpflakes, it is only a joke.
you forgot that part about Trump taking credit for it getting changed, like he did it himself.

Quote: @savannahskol said:
@VikingOracle said:
  • Though he lauds an opinion piece by a pundit as long as it is posted in the "middle of the road" The Hill, according to Savannah it is outrageous for me to reference an article in The Atlantic that as I noted "portions of which have been corroborated by the Associated Press, the Washington Post, and Fox News."
        Corroborated?  There was no journalistic "corroboration".    The AP, Wa-Po, and Fox (yes, Fox)  just ran the Atlantic piece.  It fit their anti-Trump narrative.  

Savannah buried the lede!.  He has discovered that Fox News is fake news.  Fox news reporter Jennifer Griffin tweeted: "Two former sr Trump admin officials confirm @JeffreyGoldberg reporting that President Trump disparaged veterans and did not want to drive to honor American war dead at Aisne-Marne Cemetery outside Paris."  See, I describe a Fox reporter speaking to two officials as corroboration not as simply repeating the Atlantic piece.  In fact, that is How Foreign Policy described it: https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/09/08/trump-mocked-us-military-troops-losers-whole-life/  ("The Atlantic article, portions of which have been corroborated by the Associated Press, the Washington Post, and Fox News").  I know you quote Bolton but lets read his entire quote: "“I didn’t hear that,” Bolton told The New York Times. “I’m not saying he didn’t say them later in the day or another time, but I was there for that discussion.”  (Boy, I am surprised you give any type of credence to something that appears NYT).  BTW, later Bolton clearly indicate that it is possible that Trump said what was reported: "“These comments are despicable. If he made them, they are despicable,” Trump’s former national security adviser told Bloomberg on Friday."  “I have not heard anybody say, ‘Oh, that doesn’t sound like the Donald Trump I know,’” Bolton said.  “He was prone to say from time to time: ‘What did they get out of it? What was the worth of the war in Iraq and the war in Afghanistan?’” Bolton said. “That is a kind of insensitivity that Trump does have. There’s no doubt about it.”  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/bolton-on-trump-military-remarks-if-he-made-them-they-are-despicable. Bolton also said this: “Obviously, I can’t prove the negative that he never said those things,” Bolton said. “The president has a habit of disparaging people. He ends up denigrating almost everybody he comes in contact with whose last name is not Trump.”  https://www.yahoo.com/video/john-bolton-...34382.html

Funny how anything reported negative about Trump is fake news, any court case against Trump is a "banana republic trial" and any lost election was stolen.  

It is funny, Trump promised that we would get tired of so much "winning" but I think that was a typical Trump typo -- I think what he meant to write was we would get tired of so much "whining".

Well, I guess it has been corroborated now.

"Kelly set the record straight by confirming on the record a series of damning stories about Trump’s closed-door statements attacking U.S. soldiers and veterans, and listing a series of offensive comments that Kelly witnessed firsthand from Trump."

“What else can I add that hasn’t been said?” Kelly said when asked if he wanted to comment on his former boss in light of recent comments from other former Trump officials. “A person who thinks that those who defend their country in uniform, are shot down or seriously wounded in battle, or are tortured for years as prisoners of war, are all ‘idiots’ because ‘there’s nothing in it for them.'” A person , who didn’t want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because “it doesn’t look good on me.” A person who, during the 2016 election campaign, demonstrated on television open contempt for a Gold Star family – for all Gold Star families – and raved that our most precious heroes who gave their lives defending America were “losers” and would not visit their graves in France.

In the statement, Kelly goes on record to confirm a number of details from a 2020 article by editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg in The Atlantic, including Trump’s address to Kelly on Memorial Day 2017 as they stood among those killed in Afghanistan and Iraq in Section 60 of the Arlington National Cemetery and said, “I don’t understand. What did they get out of it?”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administrat...-war-dead/

https://ustoday.news/john-kelly-says-he-confirms-several-disturbing-stories-about-trump/

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/02/politics/john-kelly-donald-trump-us-service-members-veterans/index.html

So...the constant liar was horribly disrespectful of our injured and fallen soldiers, and the people disgusted by it are saying so?

Golly!  That's...another shocker!

I'm betting it'll get blamed on Fauci any ol' time, now...!

Dr. Lance Dodes is a retired assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and a training and supervising analyst emeritus at the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute.
The recent finding that Trump supporters will rationalize and ignore even sophisticated ads produced by Republicans against Trump — ads showing him saying things that are opposed to the very values of the Republican audience — is strong evidence of the cult-like nature of at least the most committed of his followers. Cults have exactly this characteristic: unquestioning worship of a charismatic leader and inability to hear or consider opposing or even differing views, especially about the leader who must remain godlike. Trump's personal primitive psychology, in which he believes himself to be godlike and has contempt for others as valuable human beings, makes him a perfect candidate to surround himself with a cult. In turn, members vulnerable to joining the cult seek just such a godlike figure in a regressive wish to be protected, cared for, and told how to think. The irony of course is that the leader, Trump in this case, cares only about his grandiosity and nothing at all about them or their welfare.

Marcel Danesi is Professor Emeritus of linguistic anthropology and semiotics at the University of Toronto. His new book is Politics, Lies and Conspiracy Theories: A Cognitive Linguistic Perspective.
Oppositional messaging in the case of a "culture war leader" will never work, because it is seen as the words of enemies against Trump and his followers. Trump's lies are thus not interpreted as destructive words but as part of a clarion call to arms to overturn the deep state that must be defeated to restore America to its purported roots, which, incidentally, Trump has never specified what he means by them, in true Orwellian fashion. Any message against him is thus filtered out as an attack from opposing warring armies in the ongoing cultural war, and thus discarded as tactics. Trump's lies are perceived to be verbal weapons in that war. There is nothing Trump could say or do that would erode support from his followers, because he is seen as the leader of the greater cause of taking down the enemies that he and his blind followers see as the source of America's and their own troubles, and as eroding the fabric of American society. Outside of Trump's influence, the same people can be compassionate, empathic, generous, but in their Trump-aligned echo chamber they become antisocial toward outsiders. It is somewhat ironic to observe that Trump and his followers portray their battle as a counterculture one, as did the hippies in the 1960s and 1970s, portraying the government as the "establishment" and the liberal democratic state—again quite ironically—as the enemy of freedom and true American values.

Well, I guess it has been corroborated now.

"Kelly set the record straight by confirming on the record a series of damning stories about Trump’s closed-door statements attacking U.S. soldiers and veterans, and listing a series of offensive comments that Kelly witnessed firsthand from Trump."

“What else can I add that hasn’t been said?” Kelly said when asked if he wanted to comment on his former boss in light of recent comments from other former Trump officials. “A person who thinks that those who defend their country in uniform, are shot down or seriously wounded in battle, or are tortured for years as prisoners of war, are all ‘idiots’ because ‘there’s nothing in it for them.'” A person , who didn’t want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because “it doesn’t look good on me.” A person who, during the 2016 election campaign, demonstrated on television open contempt for a Gold Star family – for all Gold Star families – and raved that our most precious heroes who gave their lives defending America were “losers” and would not visit their graves in France.

In the statement, Kelly goes on record to confirm a number of details from a 2020 article by editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg in The Atlantic, including Trump’s address to Kelly on Memorial Day 2017 as they stood among those killed in Afghanistan and Iraq in Section 60 of the Arlington National Cemetery and said, “I don’t understand. What did they get out of it?”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4235005-john-kelly-confirms-trumps-suckers-remark-about-war-dead/

https://ustoday.news/john-kelly-says-he-confirms-several-disturbing-stories-about-trump/

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/02/politics/john-kelly-donald-trump-us-service-members-veterans/index.html
Hey!  There we go!  
A semblance of journalism...Tapper got the source (Kelly) to go OTR! 

But....OH NOES!  Not John Kelly!  Who is, according to your fellow travelers,  is a big, fat, racist liar!

(Actually the list of JK= liar, is incredibly long.  I opted for brevity)
So was Kelly lying then, or now?   

Quote:

Yeah yeah.  Cults.

Remember the Bush Cult?  Deleting the Bush Personality Cult from history | Salon.com
& before that, the Reagan Cult?  Scenes From The Reagan Cult | The New Republic

*Yawn*  Bring some uniqueness to the table, VO.  

Ater all, admiring Trump COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE, that conservatives found Trump's early presidency to be on-par with Ronaldus Magnus, could it?  

The Incredible Trump Agenda – What Most Americans Don’t Know About the War the President Has WagedMar 5, 2018  (link)

President Trump’s style has dismayed many on the right as well as the left. But when it comes to actions, conservatives find much to delight them.
While the 2016 presidential elections were underway, policy analysts at The Heritage Foundation (my employer and one of the nation’s leading think tanks) compiled a six-volume series of conservative, research-based policy recommendations for the next president.
The recommendations were calculated to help the incoming president and Congress jumpstart the economy, strengthen national security and halt the increasing centralization of power in the federal government.
At the end of 2017, we reviewed all 334 recommendations presented in our “Mandate for Leadership” series and found that the Trump administration had embraced fully 64 percent of them. That’s nearly two out of three – and that’s very good indeed.
Most Americans are already familiar with some of the conservative agenda items adopted in the last year.
The once-in-a-generation tax reform passed in December, for example, reflected the fundamental changes we recommended to transform the tax code from one that penalized economic growth to one that promotes it. Already, the American people have begun to reap the benefits: higher take-home pay, tax cut-fueled bonuses and a burgeoning job market.
And many are aware of how Congress acted on another key recommendations to exercise its authority under the long-ignored Congressional Review Act (CRA) to overturn ill-considered rules implemented by regulatory agencies. During the first few months of its session, Congress used CRA resolutions to eliminate 14 major rules finalized by the Obama administration in its waning days.
But relatively few Americans are aware that the president has waged his own war on over-regulation. For example, President Trump has lifted the Obama-era moratorium on coal leases on federal lands. And he has instructed executive branch agencies to review and reconsider pending rules, with a goal of eliminating two regulations for every new one implemented.
By year’s end, the Trump administration had withdrawn or delayed 1,500 proposed regulations. It has made a difference. On Dec. 14, the administration reported that the regulatory rollback had saved the American economy $8.1 billion, and would save another $9.8 billion in fiscal 2019.
Conservatives cheered the nomination and confirmation of Neil Gorsuch, a strong constitutionalist, to the U.S. Supreme Court. And President Trump followed this up with many other outstanding judicial appointments.  
By the end of 2017, the Senate had confirmed 12 circuit court of appeals judges – the largest number of appellate judges confirmed during the first year of any president in history. Why does that matter? Because most federal cases stop at the appellate level. Only one of every 700 cases heard by these courts goes on to the Supreme Court. 
President Trump has eschewed President Obama’s practice of filling these slots with activist judges who interpret the laws as what they think the laws should say, rather than as they are actually written. It’s a huge change – and a tremendous boost for the rule of law.
From pulling America out of the unaffordable and unworkable Paris Protocol on Climate Change to ending the damaging Obama era regulations on net neutrality, the Trump administration has advanced a broad conservative agenda on dozens more fronts in 2017.
Yes, there is much more work to do. The Senate badly fumbled ObamaCare repeal last year, leaving millions of Americans saddled with increasingly unaffordable health coverage. Welfare reform remains a major challenge, and restoring some sense of fiscal responsibility to Washington seems as elusive as ever.
But make no mistake, 2017 was a banner year for conservative policy victories. On that score, President Trump can confidently stack his record right up there next to President Reagan’s first year.
The politicians and pundits of the left would lead you to believe that the administration has been just as distracted and discombobulated by the president’s tweets as they have been. But the scores of principled conservatives President Trump has brought into the executive branch have very much kept their eye on the ball. The conservative agenda is marching forward.

Marcel Danesi is Professor Emeritus of linguistic anthropology and semiotics at the University of Toronto. His new book is Politics, Lies and Conspiracy Theories: A Cognitive Linguistic Perspective.
Oppositional messaging in the case of a "culture war leader" will never work, because it is seen as the words of enemies against Trump and his followers. Trump's lies are thus not interpreted as destructive words but as part of a clarion call to arms to overturn the deep state that must be defeated to restore America to its purported roots, which, incidentally, Trump has never specified what he means by them, in true Orwellian fashion. Any message against him is thus filtered out as an attack from opposing warring armies in the ongoing cultural war, and thus discarded as tactics. Trump's lies are perceived to be verbal weapons in that war. There is nothing Trump could say or do that would erode support from his followers, because he is seen as the leader of the greater cause of taking down the enemies that he and his blind followers see as the source of America's and their own troubles, and as eroding the fabric of American society. Outside of Trump's influence, the same people can be compassionate, empathic, generous, but in their Trump-aligned echo chamber they become antisocial toward outsiders. It is somewhat ironic to observe that Trump and his followers portray their battle as a counterculture one, as did the hippies in the 1960s and 1970s, portraying the government as the "establishment" and the liberal democratic state—again quite ironically—as the enemy of freedom and true American values.
Dr. Lance Dodes is a retired assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and a training and supervising analyst emeritus at the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute.
The recent finding that Trump supporters will rationalize and ignore even sophisticated ads produced by Republicans against Trump — ads showing him saying things that are opposed to the very values of the Republican audience — is strong evidence of the cult-like nature of at least the most committed of his followers. Cults have exactly this characteristic: unquestioning worship of a charismatic leader and inability to hear or consider opposing or even differing views, especially about the leader who must remain godlike. Trump's personal primitive psychology, in which he believes himself to be godlike and has contempt for others as valuable human beings, makes him a perfect candidate to surround himself with a cult. In turn, members vulnerable to joining the cult seek just such a godlike figure in a regressive wish to be protected, cared for, and told how to think. The irony of course is that the leader, Trump in this case, cares only about his grandiosity and nothing at all about them or their welfare.
LOL,  using Harvard and a foreign professor that works for a university in a country teetering on communism as supporting evidence of cult like actions or words,  isnt it cults that typically dont allow freedoms of speech and individualism,  and yet you chose harvard ( ranked nationally dead last in freedom of speech,  and a canadian school,  after the way the leadership up there has acted the last 3 years.   I dont even plan on voting for Trump in the primaries,  but I can smell the stink on this one.