Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Didn't take Kwesi long
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Let's face it, Kwesi was an outside the box, taking a chance kind of hire in the first place. I'm just not a believer in handing the keys over to a guy who wasn't a former player or has a scouting background and I was not in favor of his hire. His first offseason was an almost total bust between signing guys who made little to no impact on a defense that was one of the worst units in the league from a talent standpoint or making trades that didn't work out (Reagor, Blacklock). Zadarius was good for half a season, got injured which is his M.O., and is on his way out the door here at some point. Kwesi was absolutely fleeced repeatedly in draft value in his first draft and the players he selected made almost zero impact, unless we count Ingram's season of average to below average play. If you want to give him credit for hiring KOC, cool, but you also have to acknowledge the decision to bring in Ed Donatell to run the defense and oversee the total transition to a new scheme was just one of theeee worst decisions ever and completely predictable to be the disaster that it was. I thought Kwesi really needed a big draft to overcome the shit show of last offseason and I was okay with this draft. I would have taken some different players at certain spots, but that doesn't mean I didn't like the players that we did select. The bottom line for me is that I just do not agree with the way they do the business of roster building and I'm not sure what the long-term vision is. Kwesi has an uphill battle in trying to manage the Wilf's expectations while trying to keep the roster talented enough to contend. I don't know. This upcoming year is going to be very telling in where this franchise is headed in the future.
I don't think this is the year to tell: next year is the year to know. Still working through some previous cap limitations. 

13 wins and a NFCN title: never gets talked about by the KAM naysayers. The stuff some of you focus on is very interesting....I guess that's the nice way to put it, lol. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:
Let's face it, Kwesi was an outside the box, taking a chance kind of hire in the first place. I'm just not a believer in handing the keys over to a guy who wasn't a former player or has a scouting background and I was not in favor of his hire. His first offseason was an almost total bust between signing guys who made little to no impact on a defense that was one of the worst units in the league from a talent standpoint or making trades that didn't work out (Reagor, Blacklock). Zadarius was good for half a season, got injured which is his M.O., and is on his way out the door here at some point. Kwesi was absolutely fleeced repeatedly in draft value in his first draft and the players he selected made almost zero impact, unless we count Ingram's season of average to below average play. If you want to give him credit for hiring KOC, cool, but you also have to acknowledge the decision to bring in Ed Donatell to run the defense and oversee the total transition to a new scheme was just one of theeee worst decisions ever and completely predictable to be the disaster that it was. I thought Kwesi really needed a big draft to overcome the shit show of last offseason and I was okay with this draft. I would have taken some different players at certain spots, but that doesn't mean I didn't like the players that we did select. The bottom line for me is that I just do not agree with the way they do the business of roster building and I'm not sure what the long-term vision is. Kwesi has an uphill battle in trying to manage the Wilf's expectations while trying to keep the roster talented enough to contend. I don't know. This upcoming year is going to be very telling in where this franchise is headed in the future.
I don't think this is the year to tell: next year is the year to know. Still working through some previous cap limitations. 

13 wins and a NFCN title: never gets talked about by the KAM naysayers. The stuff some of you focus on is very interesting....I guess that's the nice way to put it, lol. 
It was 8-1 with crazy turnover luck, culminating in the crazy ending to the Buffalo game which I'll admit might have been the most intense regular season game ever.  Then 5-4 down the stretch, could easily have been 3-6 with a couple bounces.  Think improbable Indy win, NY Giant win (regular season).

When Dallas shellacked them at home the party was basically over and it was back to the Kirk Cousins .500 treadmill where we will always be.  Kirk iced that cake nicely with a checkdown on 4th and season.  Classic Kirk!

Hank gonna sing our 2023 theme song:  Are you ready for some football, some .500 football!?

@supafreak84 said:

For those of us that are 40 years+ invested 13 wins is nice and probably not talked about enough but it really doesn't compare to losing to Daniel Jones in a playoff game at home which isn't talked about quite enough either.

@supafreak84 said:

It doesn't get talked about because his roster contributions last season outside of the mid-season Hockenson trade were nonexistent. We got nothing from his draft unless you want to count Ingram, whom at one point of the season was the lowest rated guard in the league. His trades were busts and nobody cares about 13 wins and a north title when we got bounced (and predictably so) at home in the first round of the playoffs. My neighbor Bob, who is a mailman, could have navigated the same type of offseason. For someone who is allegedly some whizz kid and smarter than everyone else, I have yet to see it. That's why I say he needed a big draft to erase some of the stink in his handling of last offseason. Did it happen? I don't know. I thought it was an average draft which will depend a ton on Addison and what kind of impact he can make. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@mgobluevikes said:
To burn through the good will. If this defense isn't rated in the low 20's and we finish behind the Lions in the division this year, his seat is should be red hot. He looks insanely out of touch. The organization doesn't look like it knows where it's going. Like Cleveland of the 80's bad.
His team went 13-4. He hired a great coach. He’s going to resign the best WR in the league. He made the 2nd best trade in Viking history when he got Hock

KAM hasn’t looked great in April to FANS, but he isn’t going anywhere. 
His team?  Hardly,  his contributions to the team last year were largely non existent with the exception of Hock, who only joined the team mid season.  We aren't going to see kams team until this year at the soonest.  13-4  was largely still with ricks players.
I find it hilarious that we are yearning for the halcyon days of Rick trading down in the 4-5th rounds for extra 7th rounders.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@mgobluevikes said:
To burn through the good will. If this defense isn't rated in the low 20's and we finish behind the Lions in the division this year, his seat is should be red hot. He looks insanely out of touch. The organization doesn't look like it knows where it's going. Like Cleveland of the 80's bad.
His team went 13-4. He hired a great coach. He’s going to resign the best WR in the league. He made the 2nd best trade in Viking history when he got Hock

His team?  Hardly,  his contributions to the team last year were largely non existent with the exception of Hock, who only joined the team mid season.  We aren't going to see kams team until this year at the soonest.  13-4  was largely still with ricks players.
I find it hilarious that we are yearning for the halcyon days of Rick trading down in the 4-5th rounds for extra 7th rounders.
lol, this. 

Meanwhile the Eagles just keep stacking talent behind talent, the Lions will be substantially better as will the Bears. The Seahawks hit it out of the park with their draft. San Francisco still has one of the best rosters in football. The Saints are going to be a problem next season and the Giants (who beat us) hit it out of the park with their top 3 picks. Dallas isn't going anywhere.

So where are we in this pecking order and if you take Cook off the roster as well as Zadarius (as expected)...what are we doing? When you look at the landscape of not just the league, but our own conference...what are we doing? I think most of us expect to take a step back this upcoming season and with the Cousins contract situation and long-term uncertainty, how do you look at this franchise and not hit the reset button? That's my biggest complaint at this point is we just continue to delay the inevitable blow up and rebuild we've needed for two years now. 

@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@mgobluevikes said:

lol, this. 
LOL nope, we are just tired of trade downs to the bottom of every round which is a Kwesi special at this point, drafting lower ranked players, and in the process getting regularly fleeced by opposing GM's in said trade downs, some within our own division! I'd happily take Rick's 7th round bullshit over getting bent over the kitchen table in an asinine trade down with, oh say the Lions...

@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@mgobluevikes said:

lol, this. 
LOL nope, we are just tired of trade downs to the bottom of every round which is a Kwesi special at this point, drafting lower ranked players, and in the process getting regularly fleeced by opposing GM's in said trade downs, some within our own division! I'd happily take Rick's 7th round bullshit over getting bent over the kitchen table in an asinine trade down with, oh say the Lions...
Ok. I think we've got your take, ad nauseam. I'm working off a 13 win season, that's my barometer. Yours is conjecture and personal opinion. We can talk when Minnesota wins 7 games this year. Point being: not saying everything is perfect, but you sound like the type of fan that's not going to be talked out of being negative. Plenty of those around. I'd get it if the team sucked ass last year, but that wasn't the case. 

'Regularly fleeced' and 'trade downs to the bottom of every round' is exaggeration and hyperbole. The dude's been doing it FOR TWO YEARs. So tell me, who's overreacting? You can have your opinion for sure, but its not logical. 

@StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@mgobluevikes said:

lol, this. 
If you look at the players taken between 87 and 102, where we took Blackmon, there was only one player I liked in that range. Michael Wilson, the WR out of Stanford. But we already had a WR. You might have some others. But after we took Addison, this was almost certainly going to be a corner and no corner was taken in that range. 

You want to argue about the value of Blackmon at 102, that's fine. I'd agree that it was a reach according to consensus. But so was Alexander Mattison, who was taken at the exact same spot, 102. He's been a better back than all four of the backs taken ahead of him in the 3rd round. 

We'll have to wait to see how Blackmon plays compared to higher ranked corners taken later, but Brian Flores knows the kind of corner he needs and it was obviously not any of the others. Could he be wrong? Of course. But so can you.