@mgobluevikes said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Wetlander said:
@PurplePastor said:
@AGRforever said:
$37.5/yr average on Carrs 4yr deal. 
That's kind of an ouch or am I outdated on my assessment?
It puts him behind Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, Deshaun Watson, and Dak who all signed recent extensions.  It's just in front of Cousins in terms of AAV.

Like Greylock said, it's probably a bargain when considering the average annual salary and guarantees compared to some of the other young QBs and formerly elite vets , Lawrence, Lawrence, Hurts, and who knows who else will be inking deals way beyond his, as the cap gets fatter.  
Then I move on,  I dont care what other teams do,  anything more than what Carr got is overpaying for the results we get.  Time to find our own QB.
You've written many times here that we need to draft our QB of the future. I agree we should be trying to do that. You've also said that you wouldn't throw a rookie QB into the fire and ruin him and we'll need a bridge. So, how much draft capital do we intend to spend on this QB this year to ensure we don't end up with the the next Zach Wilson, Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles, Jake Locker, Marcus Mariota, Jamis Winston? Of course, our 31st rated defense needs help at every position group, we need at least 1 more interior O-lineman, and will probably have to replace Theilen and Cook. Only 4 picks, no 2nd rounder. How many future firsts are we willing to mortgage to get our guy?

As Rich Eisen mentioned yesterday, there is no such thing as moderately priced QB market. When Geno Smith, year off the trash heap is awarded 105 mil 3 yr. contract, proves the point. Signing a bridge "starter", that might not get you through the year, is still going to cost 30 mil, and will be a major drop off from our current production.

We have a choice of either drafting over and over until we find the unicorn, paying below market value for 5 yrs. or paying market value for a proven entity. I 
In line with what? Certainly not reality. 

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952m37rq4xg9u26w0b45r9...w.gif&ct=g]
That would put him in line with what Brady was making and what Carrs real number is before unguaranteed incentives.    

35 year old immobile QB.  Signing him to contracts like he has been getting would be idiotic, regardless of his track record.  Its not like the team has been on the cusp of greatness his entire tenure,  we have been a nice team at best.   Sure the D has been a bigger problem,  but lets not pretend KCs game has been above reproach, and money near the top of the market is just a bad plan IMO if the goal is to build a real contender.  Of you are happy with more seasons like we just had,  fine,  I want to see a more balanced team that can do the things we need them to do to be a real playoff contender.  I dont see that with what we know from KC to date.
None of what you said here makes any sense. Its just better to say you don't like Cousins. More balanced?? How is the NFL balanced right now with ALL of the rules made for QBs to succeed? And the devaluation of NFL RBs over the last 6-7 years.