Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Donatell NOW
Quote: @"Clanzomaelan" said:
Is it me, or did Kendricks seem 3 steps behind and constantly chasing in coverage today? He seems to have fallen off a very high cliff. 
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Clanzomaelan" said:
Is it me, or did Kendricks seem 3 steps behind and constantly chasing in coverage today? He seems to have fallen off a very high cliff. 
He was a shit show today and barely a contributor all season.  He needs to be an offseason discussion for sure.
Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Clanzomaelan" said:
He was a shit show today and barely a contributor all season.  He needs to be an offseason discussion for sure.
He can't execute in this scheme and hasn't all year. It's been painful to watch. 
Hicks and Kendricks are essentially the same player and neither one scares anybody. 

Upgrades needed at just about all 3 levels on that D

I've said it a ton, and I think we're about to see it; this roster is going to see some surprise names kicked to the curb. 

It's KAM time now and I dont know if that scares the shit out of me or gives me hope. 

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
"Fans are going to like what they see on Sunday"-Ed Donatell
Only if they see Donatell fired after the game. [Comet beat me to this point]

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
We dont have the personnel for the 34,  that is not in donatel,  but for fucks sake he knew that when he took the job and almost a year later he still hadn't figured out how to use what he had.... he needs to go for lack of creativity. 

I'm also done with about half our defensive starters for lack of awareness to what the O is doing over and over again against them.  

This roster is ready for a blow up, unfortunately we don't have the cap space or the draft picks to even make a good start at one.

FUCK!!!!

Donatell was our albatross.  ALL Year.

shit-can harry and kendricks and Donatell.

draft/fa DT, LB, CB & new DC.  

Ed Donatell: “i can make  NYG Hodgins, slayton and Bellinger all-pro.  and make daniel jones look special”. 

sad end to a season
that might be the fun out of all this -- The Gmen hitching their wagon to Danny Dimes the next 5 years. 

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
If KOC brings him back I might be done. I have been a diehard Vikings fan since the '60's but this is downright embarrassing. 
you said that after the missed kick against Seattle.

The Vikings are like that stripper that you think likes you, bumping, grinding, blowing her breath on your neck, flipping her hail around......then leaves you penniless and pssyless.

youll be back, we all will - we are all too stupid to pull the plug
While we are all too stupid, I will say I have become numb to it. Today was a good game as far as the score went. Not so much for us because the Vikings lost.

But, I’m a fair weather Vikings fan. In the past I’d say Frick it and not watch the rest of the playoffs because I was pissed. Now, I’ll watch and hope certain teams don’t win.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
If KOC brings him back I might be done. I have been a diehard Vikings fan since the '60's but this is downright embarrassing. 
you said that after the missed kick against Seattle.

The Vikings are like that stripper that you think likes you, bumping, grinding, blowing her breath on your neck, flipping her hail around......then leaves you penniless and pssyless.

youll be back, we all will - we are all too stupid to pull the plug
I did, show me that quote

I'd sure like to hear from someone smarter than me on the whole business side how we can blow up the defense for the best rebuild. It really can't get much worse.  Tired of nibbling around the edges, and plugging holes with bubblegum. 

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
I'd sure like to hear from someone smarter than me on the whole business side how we can blow up the defense for the best rebuild. It really can't get much worse.  Tired of nibbling around the edges, and plugging holes with bubblegum. 
I dont think you can do it with just defensive cuts, I think it needs to be a team sacrifice.  Admit that we need to sacrifice a season to get the pieces in place and then start to grow.  This year was exciting,   but nobody thought it was going to end much past this weekend so what was the point?  We are now a year down the road and still needing to rip the bandaid. 

@"mgobluevikes" said:
I dont think you can do it with just defensive cuts, I think it needs to be a team sacrifice.  Admit that we need to sacrifice a season to get the pieces in place and then start to grow.  This year was exciting,   but nobody thought it was going to end much past this weekend so what was the point?  We are now a year down the road and still needing to rip the bandaid. 
Oh, I agree. There's going to be at least a 2 yr. rebuild, but honestly, how much worse can this defense be with a great coord. and getting a couple of legit. game changers on that side?

@"mgobluevikes" said:
This is exactly what I said last offseason! This team needs to be rebuilt and sacrifice a year or two while we get the pieces in order to do so. We should have done it with the new regime coming on board. We were running all season long on the fumes left over from the Spielman/Zimmer regime. The fucking Wilfs always think we are Super Bowl contenders and are too stupid to see what's right in front of them! We went all in on this season...for what!? To get bounced in the first round of the playoffs and kicking the can down the road again!? Now we are once again being forced to make a decision on Cousins, have salary cap problems, and not as many draft picks. Pair that with what Detroit and Chicago are going to be building over the next couple years and we are going to be a hurting franchise. 

Fun season, but again, the juice was not worth the squeeze and we are no closer to a Super Bowl as to when Zimmer was fired. 

Quote: @"Clanzomaelan" said:
He is just not a fit in this defense. He is a read and react player and without the big bodies in front of him he is going to struggle as an undersized guy to get off blocks and make plays like he used to. I literally watched a guard on one of Barkleys first half runs, come right out of his stance and get to the second level on Kendricks without any resistance because we were playing two down lineman. That IS NOT the strength of Kendricks. I don't think he has lost a step, but its hard to tell when lineman get to the second level with no resistance. Fuck this 3-4 defense and fuck anybody who thought it was a good idea transitioning to it when our history and personnel were clearly 4-3 players.