Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 3 Of FA
Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
Lolz Zimmer 100% treated Davis badly, just like he did to several other players. Remember when Jefferson needed a mere 17 yards to break Moss' record and they didnt try to get him the record although JJ publicly said he wanted it? He refused to play Mond for whatever reason and then made the comment about "seeing him in practice" to the press. Being a stubborn old man is one thing, being a complete douchebag is another. I don't doubt Udoh beat him out, but there's no reason Davis shouldn't have had a chance given the way Udoh and others played at the position...especially if it was because of 7 freaking pounds.
So with a 2 TD lead, in your eyes Zimmer is a jerk cause he did not throw the ball and run up the score so a guy could get a meaningless record, which would have been with an extra game played, that he is likely to break eventually anyways?  Good for him for not playing into a fans view and playing the game the right way.  If you want to blame someone, blame your golden boy for missing a wide open JJ earlier.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
Lolz Zimmer 100% treated Davis badly, just like he did to several other players. Remember when Jefferson needed a mere 17 yards to break Moss' record and they didnt try to get him the record although JJ publicly said he wanted it? He refused to play Mond for whatever reason and then made the comment about "seeing him in practice" to the press. Being a stubborn old man is one thing, being a complete douchebag is another. I don't doubt Udoh beat him out, but there's no reason Davis shouldn't have had a chance given the way Udoh and others played at the position...especially if it was because of 7 freaking pounds.
So with a 2 TD lead, in your eyes Zimmer is a jerk cause he did not throw the ball and run up the score so a guy could get a meaningless record, which would have been with an extra game played, that he is likely to break eventually anyways?  Good for him for not playing into a fans view and playing the game the right way.  If you want to blame someone, blame your golden boy for missing a wide open JJ earlier.  
Yes. Do whatever we need to do to keep Jefferson happy. If that meant throwing to him 3 more times and an interception is one of the outcomes then so be it, I dont care. It's the little things like that mixed in with all the other dumb crap the last 2 years that made me realize he was a dbag

Ari Meirov
@MySportsUpdate
· 28m
The #Raiders are sending DE Yannick Ngakoue to the #Colts for CB Rock Ya-Sin. It's a player-for-player deal.

Ngakoue was with Gus Bradley last year in Vegas and is now back with Bradley in Indy.

Chandler Jones teams up with Maxx Crosby.

[Image: fumpkpr1elzg.jpeg]Imagine hating Cousins so much you stick up for a complete douche canoe like Zim.

Quote: P@"VikingOracle" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
Speaking of interior offensive line, I think we already have our guard on the roster in Wyatt Davis. Looking at his college stuff, he’s got all the tools and then some. It’s baffling to me he didn’t play. Chalking it up to another Zimmer is a moron move ala Cam Dantzler sitting on the bench and the worst corner in the league starting. 
IDK about Zimmer treating Davis badly.  Davis showed up to camp last at 320 and they told him he needed to lose 7 pounds.

https://www.twincities.com/2022/02/17/vikings-wyatt-davis-on-tough-rookie-year-im-making-sure-that-doesnt-happen-again/

Since the end of the season, the native of the Los Angeles area has been working out regularly near his home and has been sticking to a strict diet. And later his month he will head to the Dallas area for more than a month to work with offensive line guru Duke Manyweather.
“Obviously, I wanted to help contribute and I didn’t have the opportunity to do so, which is why I’m making sure that doesn’t happen again, absolutely,” Davis told the Pioneer Press about rebounding from his tough rookie season.
“I’m just doing everything I can to put me in a position to help my team win,” Davis said. “I’m just looking to work once we get back into doing (Vikings) stuff. … Once that opportunity comes, I’m going to take it and never look back. So I’m just trying to do everything in my power right now to put me in a spot to do so.”
The 6-foot-4 Davis said he’s on “a great meal plan” to maintain his weight. He reported to the Vikings last year at 320 pounds, and team officials wanted him to drop about seven pounds. He did that, and now wants to make sure he reports in the spring at an ideal weight.

Sounds like to me he was his own worst enemy last year and once Udoh beat him out, he did not get many chances to win the job.  I mean, how many teams have competitions during the season?
But, everything is Zimmer's fault now.  LMAO.

The man is an old stubborn goat (I am too) who does not suffer fools easily or really want to be yore friend.
His time was up.  So be it.
I refuse to blame him for everything and put most of the blame on the players.

Zimmer is/was a vindictive little man who gave more opportunities to his son than some players on the roster.  With Davis, he should have given him some opportunities on the field (especially in the last game) so Davis could get a feel for what he needed to improve.  Zimmer either kept him (and other draft picks) off the field as a FU to Spielman for drafting them or because he was worried that the rookies would actually play well proving Zimmer's decision not to play them was stupid.  Zimmer cared more about his own legacy as a defensive guru than the team's record.  He let his disdain for Spielman impact how he ran the team and players, such as Davis, were collateral damage.
I think it was time for Zimmer to go last year but listening to you dudes here kick the man when he is out the door is revealing.

The way it reads here we really do not need another guard.

We got Davis.
Just a quick response:

1.  When the door opened to kick him out, we got a quick peek behind the door and saw some of the crap on the floor.  Obviously, a lot of crap going on behind the scenes that we, as fans, were not privy to.
  2.   Not saying the Davis will fix the problem; just saying that Zimmer hindered both the development of Davis and the evaluation of Davis by the new regime (and the fans).
  3. As I have posted many times before, IMHO the worse thing Zimmer did was not getting young players into games when the Vikes had been eliminated from the playoffs -- that was simply a product of his ego.
I agree wholeheartedly, and No. 1 is the biggest reason we can kick the man a little when he’s gone. I was for keeping him a few years back when others were saying he needed to go. They didn’t know some of the crap the players and others were dealing with, and neither did I. But, had we all known, we’d have wanted to send him packing. 
Old and grumpy is one thing. Being an A-hole is another. I wish him well in his unemployed state, it apparently was over due.

[Image: MaAIgBaS_bigger.jpg]
What’s next in the pass-rush world? The #Rams are working to bring pass-rusher Von Miller back, sources say. Nothing done. Other teams are still pushing. But they are convinced he’s headed back to the champs.

[Image: ycm8ibEE_bigger.jpg]
As
@mortreport reported, the Falcons informed QB Matt Ryan last weekend that they were pursuing Deshaun Watson. The lines of communication have been kept open between Ryan and the Falcons.

Cam Brate agrees to a reworked contract with the #Bucs at two years and $8 million, per source. Tom Brady keeps key pass-catcher in the fold.
[Image: Ui7R81Pu_bigger.jpg]
WR Rashard Higgins has agreed to a one-year deal with the Carolina Panthers. Another pass-catcher off the board for the #Bears.

Seems like just about every FA TE stayed home.

Let's hope that continues.

Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo
· 11m
As we wait to see what happens with potential trades for #Giants CB James Bradberry, what's clear is the team isn't planning to release him, source says. They'll carry him even as $2 million of his salary becomes guaranteed today.

@"Geoff Nichols" you hearing anything on James Bradberry?

Calvin Watkins
@calvinwatkins
· 3m
Cowboys doing due diligence on plenty of players but there is legit interest in LB Za'Darius Smith, a source said. Had back issues and it's something that will be looked at. @dmn_cowboys