Wilson To Denver
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
· 3m
Drew Lock is a part of the trade to the Seahawks, per sources.
Lolz, should have just asked for another draft pick
I'm biased, but I'd take Lock over any QB they could draft in this class.

If Cousins ends up moving, which I still doubt, Washington and Pittsburgh are still possible destinations. Neither has a stopgap guy with Lock's traits. Unless Haskins grew up in Pittsburgh, which is unlikely. I have tiktok videos for proof.
what about cleveland?  are they ready to move from baker?  I would take baker, and a 1 next year for KC... 

Quote:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
· 3m

If Cousins ends up moving, which I still doubt, Washington and Pittsburgh are still possible destinations. Neither has a stopgap guy with Lock's traits. Unless Haskins grew up in Pittsburgh, which is unlikely. I have tiktok videos for proof.
what about cleveland?  are they ready to move from baker?  I would take baker, and a 1 next year for KC... to much?
jimmy— I agree—this is a possibility I like.  Baker played injured all last season. I don’t think his performance is a true reflection of his talent.  A change of scenery for a baker, cap room and draft picks for us could be mutually beneficial. Realistically, I think KC stays put but if hearts and minds change… 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
That's ridiculous they gave up way too much for him. 
I agree,  but they had to have somebody.  I have a feeling George might have just sealed his fate,  I dont think Wilson is the QB he once was and will not push them over the top and get them very far.   I could be wrong, but I still see Denver as battling vegas for third place in the west.

meanwhile... seattle is looing at some very nice draft picks for the next 2 years,  and enough ammo to make a run into the top 3 for next years QB bonanza if they so choose and still have picks and players to build around. good move by seattle.. .fuckers.
I agree this is a nice return for SEA but I think it’s a good deal for DEN. The 3 players aren’t a big deal and while the picks hurt, they now likely have secured 5-7 years of top QB play. SEA had some drama the past few years, I’d expect Russ to cook with a fresh start. Plus with Nathaniel Hackett as coach… I think he thrives. Tough division though for sure. I predict lots of primetime games in their future. 
Agreed. Paton making a big splash. Broncs are SB contenders 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
I just don't get why so many fans think Cousins is going to get traded. Its not going to happen.

I'll believe it when he signs that reasonable extension 
I am more inclinded to believe that he gets a contract offer from the Vikes that makes my head explode.

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@StickyBun said:
I just don't get why so many fans think Cousins is going to get traded. Its not going to happen.
Have to agree. If we trade him we have no one to play QB this year. And I dont see Carolina or Cleveland giving up their starter plus a high pick. 
i am of the notion it doesnt matter who is our QB, this team wont be ready to compete with the elite of the league and all another year of KC will do is get us out of striking range for a future potential stud QB.

This in theory does up the asking price for Kirk a little more.  They can give Kirk all the guarantees in the world, but if he plays hardball on salary demands, the Vikes have a right and even a duty to shop him.

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
· 3m

what about cleveland?  are they ready to move from baker?  I would take baker, and a 1 next year for KC... 

Quote:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
· 3m

what about cleveland?  are they ready to move from baker?  I would take baker, and a 1 next year for KC... to much?
jimmy— I agree—this is a possibility I like.  Baker played injured all last season. I don’t think his performance is a true reflection of his talent.  A change of scenery for a baker, cap room and draft picks for us could be mutually beneficial. Realistically, I think KC stays put but if hearts and minds change… 
i dont even need multiple picks,  I would do it for a 2023 first round pick ( basically a 2nd rounder this year)  and the QB swap.  I think a more mobile QB will cover up for a lot of deficiencies in our OL.  No,  Baker isnt as accurate a passer as KC,  but he had some traits that I dont see in Kirk so it could be a wash.  and we would save 16 million in cap space this year, say we have to kick in 10 million of that to help the trade go through ( maybe we get an extra day 2 pick for our cap space?)  we still get 6 million in additional space and finally off the KC merry go round.

I think you’re going to see this more and more, where an
unhappy QB forces his way out to a new team that is generally well stocked but
in decent cap shape.  They then go in all
in during free agency.  They can still
afford to pay the QB a ton, so the QB doesn’t have to take a paycut.  The team gets a high quality QB for a solid
window.  The original team doesn’t
necessarily like it, but … you just make a big enough stink that it has to
happen.  The player basically picks where
they want to go.

It avoids the problem of an expensive QB sinking your
overall roster quality over time.  We’re
on our way to NBA style super teams.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@Havoc1649 said:
It’s so hard to find a franchise QB as there are only a dozen or so in the league. Wilson is usually around top 5 QB rating and top 10 QBR. This trade just highlight the demand for great players at the position. 
Cousins would likely return something similar in a trade. Maybe not all the players, but probably the picks. It’s super risky for Seattle, but they’ll have a couple of shots at replacing him. 
There is no world where the Vikings get even close to this return for Kirk with only one year left on his deal. If they did Kwesi should have a statue outside US Bank before the season starts. 
Dude, there’s almost always a new contract worked out before anything happens when it comes to a QB. 
And yes, they would get close to the picks, not likely any players. It’s insane how many of you undervalue Cousins. Cousins is in the exact same area for QBR and QB rating. Cousins could win a Super bowl next year with a good team. We just don’t happen to have one. At least on the defensive side if the ball. 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Whoa, didn't expect that to happen so quickly. Carolina doesn't want Kirk so he likely isn't getting traded
I heard that rumor and thought it was a joke. I can’t see any scenario where the Panthers are making a big trade like that. They need their picks and have little to give. I doubt Cousins moves, but if he does it will be for a competitor. I’m still convinced Kwesi and KOC want to keep him barring a ridiculous offer. 
You know, some of these Viking fan websites really know how to come up with some off the wall stuff lol! 

Wilson has wanted out hard core for two seasons now. It’s not like the Seahawks really had a choice in the matter.