Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick And Mike Out
I hope the Wilfs don't ask Bud who they should hire.

I don’t think it’s that surprising that Spielman is also
out.

We’ve had an awful lot of high draft picks not pan out, whether
it’s due to bad picking or bad coaching, it’s tough for us in the cheap seats
to say, but our front office has done a horrible job at refilling our roster as
the early Zimmer draft picks have aged.  Spielman/Zimmer
have spent their entire tenure without a solid OLine.  He’s never really made it a priority to get an
elite QB, which is the one thing you really need.  Furthermore, I think it’s pretty clear that
the roster Spielman has built, doesn’t really align with Zimmer’s coaching
style.  It’s not a horrible roster, but
it’s not one that synergizes with Zimmer’s plans, and it's not overwhelmingly great either.

I think you can easily look at Zimmer, Spielman, and Cousins
and see them as in the top half of their respective positions, but also see
them as not performing to the level they needed to.

[Image: neizbqq5tzd7.jpeg]

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Now if the Wilfs REALLY want to piss me off, hire Josh McDaniels and give him personnel control. 

https://thevikingage.com/2022/01/10/bill...ead-coach/
Man, I dont know how I'd feel about 1 guy wearing both hats...

[Image: scanners.jpg]
Oh I can help with that. :-)

When Josh McDaniels arrived in Denver, he traded Jay Cutler and a fifth-round pick to the Bears in exchange for Kyle Orton and three draft picks (two firsts and one third). One year after trading away Cutler, McDaniels traded Peyton Hillis and two late round draft picks to the Browns in exchange for quarterback Brady Quinn, who went on to play zero games for the Broncos....because....the following year....
...McDaniels traded three draft picks to move up for....wait for it....Tim Tebow....a year after taking Knowshon Moreno 12th overall. If that wasn't enough to send him packing, he was caught filming his opponents walk throughs in London, which he had also done in New England. 
The almost unanimous opinion of McDaniel in Denver media is that he was a control freak who flipped out if anyone challenged his decisions. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
https://twitter.com/VikeFans/status/1480...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fvikefans.com%2Fbrandon-brown-and-doug-peterson-as-gm-coach-could-make-a-lot-of-sense-here-wil%2F
WTF,  I dont like how that reads... we like this coach or that coach,  but since they are white we will consider some non white candidates as well.... why cant we just not note skin color when evaluating coaching or gm candidates?  isnt the act of noting skin color part of the race problem in itself?  when a minority candidate does get an interview or job,  isnt it demeaning to them that its widely assumed that they may have gotten their opportunity simply because of the color of their skin,  to fulfill some quota...  honestly since I dont really follow other teams to closely I have no I idea who half these names are in terms of OC/DC for our HC jobs,  and GM candidates coming from other teams front offices,  let alone what color skin they have.  I kind of prefer it that way... it just doesnt/shouldnt matter IMO.
I dont have a problem with it...The act of ensuring minority candidates get a fair shake stems from a belief that they wouldn't get that level playing field without making some special effort to provide it. 

I think it's a win/win - or can be. 

With with Wilfs, I dont see it as just a check the box either. They (like the Pohlads who own the Twins and more) are very progressive, focused on equity, community etc. 

For them, it stems from a family that faced tragedies and lost a lot to the holocaust. 

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
I am glad the Wilfs have higher standards than much of the fan base.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"kmillard" said:
Kevin Warren was mentioned earlier,(GM candidate)  I would be surprised if he left his Big 10 position but who knows.
Warren can have a lot more positive impact for the world in the Big 10 vs 1 NFL team. Not sure about his credentials to run the football side of things. 

I heard him mentioned as someone the Wilfs could possibly go to for help in identifying a new GM,  not the actual GM candidate.  In the same conversation his name was brought up as a potential replacement for Goodell. 
This (at the bold) makes a lot of sense to me...

Warren is more exec type. I could see him (after getting curated some in the Big 10) being a potential replacement for Goodell down the road. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
https://twitter.com/VikeFans/status/1480...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fvikefans.com%2Fbrandon-brown-and-doug-peterson-as-gm-coach-could-make-a-lot-of-sense-here-wil%2F
WTF,  I dont like how that reads... we like this coach or that coach,  but since they are white we will consider some non white candidates as well.... why cant we just not note skin color when evaluating coaching or gm candidates?  isnt the act of noting skin color part of the race problem in itself?  when a minority candidate does get an interview or job,  isnt it demeaning to them that its widely assumed that they may have gotten their opportunity simply because of the color of their skin,  to fulfill some quota...  honestly since I dont really follow other teams to closely I have no I idea who half these names are in terms of OC/DC for our HC jobs,  and GM candidates coming from other teams front offices,  let alone what color skin they have.  I kind of prefer it that way... it just doesnt/shouldnt matter IMO.
I dont have a problem with it...The act of ensuring minority candidates get a fair shake stems from a belief that they wouldn't get that level playing field without making some special effort to provide it. 

I think it's a win/win - or can be. 

With with Wilfs, I dont see it as just a check the box either. They (like the Pohlads who own the Twins and more) are very progressive, focused on equity, community etc. 

For them, it stems from a family that faced tragedies and lost a lot to the holocaust. 

does it need to be noted as such though?  we like white guys,  but we will throw a black guy or two a bone.  why not just say who the perceived front runners are and then say that others will be interviewed as well. 

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:

oh boy....Who's leading the charge???