Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears game thread
The line sucked ass no doubt,  but thats what' i expected against Hicks.   But why in the hell does Cousins reach the top of his drop and stand there?  On several of those sacks, straps, etc he had a lane or pocket (type thing) to step up or escape through and his feet were cemented.   His fucking goto move when he feels pressure is to crouch and wait to get taken down.   He makes it far to easy for the opposition to just rush one spot and be successful.   Part of this is the play selection,  but a 10 year pro QB should be able to manipulate the rush by moving around a bit and escaping to extend plays and Kirk is so rate to show this.  Imo just another example of why paying him top tier money is a mistake.  His arm talent is certainly worthy of it,  but the rest of his game just doesn't justify it.

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
I mean how does Kubiak not call bootlegs, waggles if he isn't going to have the RB or C chip on Hicks?  

I mean seriously, fucking roll Kirk out and get him out of the pocket and use playaction.  Just stupifying to watch how shitty the playcalling, lack of adjustments are.  Or continue to run #33 right into the mouth of it. 

We didn't win this.  Bears self-destructed in a Vikings'esque fashion 
Good, glad I'm not the only one seeing this.  We've had too many games this season where Kubiak calls some creative plays for big plays (like tonight with JJ in the backfield which allowed ISM to be wide open for a score)...  but then we are just completely stagnant on offense for long stretches.  It happened in the first half of the Bengals, 2nd half of the Cards, the Browns game, both games against Detroit, the Cowboys, and last night.

I "hope" it's just growing pains with a first year OC, but there are some troubling trends that keep popping up.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:
I mean how does Kubiak not call bootlegs, waggles if he isn't going to have the RB or C chip on Hicks?  

I mean seriously, fucking roll Kirk out and get him out of the pocket and use playaction.  Just stupifying to watch how shitty the playcalling, lack of adjustments are.  Or continue to run #33 right into the mouth of it. 

We didn't win this.  Bears self-destructed in a Vikings'esque fashion 
Good, glad I'm not the only one seeing this.  We've had too many games this season where Kubiak calls some creative plays for big plays (like tonight with JJ in the backfield which allowed ISM to be wide open for a score)...  but then we are just completely stagnant on offense for long stretches.  It happened in the first half of the Bengals, 2nd half of the Cards, the Browns game, both games against Detroit, the Cowboys, and last night.

I "hope" it's just growing pains with a first year OC, but there are some troubling trends that keep popping up.
One concern I had was having Cousins under center way too much on passing plays.  The way da Bears were rushing it was a frigg'in jail break.

The way Cousins looked on his scramble attempts last night he might be better off staying in the pocket and doing his little duck and hope they miss thing.  That attempt to slide for the first was pathetic and his earlier first down dive,  while heroic,  was an unnecessary risk at that point of the game.