• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think Kirk Cousins can do it......
Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"greediron" said:
Seems like Kirk didn't die from his fucking stupidity.  Maybe he is immune.

https://twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/142...71432?s=20

Or maybe his wife, kids or parents will die from his fucking stupidity.  Oh well, maybe Jesus wanted it that way even though those that Jesus loves created something to prevent it.
kinda sounds like you are cheering for that?  Rather dark IMO

Well, I can't control the tone of voice you have in your head when reading posts, so I'll let you know that I'm not cheering for KC or anyone to get fatally sick from COVID.  I'm actually cheering for Kirk and his family to pull their collective heads out of their asses and get the COVID shots.  By not getting vaccinated, he's not just putting himself at risk (of dying like you said above), but killing those he supposedly loves and cares about.
I just can't figure out why a God loving man would risk that?
Well, I can't help your lack of understanding.  People have their reasons, some are medical, some are well researched.  Obviously they have a different opinion than you and that is ok.
You're correct I don't understand why supposedly God loving people think it's Ok to get others sick with this deadly virus by not getting the vaccine.  If it's medical reasons, that I can understand.  If it's because they think getting the shot is some symbolic mark derived from Satan, that I have trouble with.  Why can't the vaccine be a blessing from God?

Yeah I don't get it. I am working with a minor that is immunocompromised and wants to get vaccinated and her parents don't want her to. She is going to have to fight them for her vaccination. Also didn't God give medical professionals the knowledge and skills to treat and heal people? 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"greediron" said:

Or maybe his wife, kids or parents will die from his fucking stupidity.  Oh well, maybe Jesus wanted it that way even though those that Jesus loves created something to prevent it.

Well, I can't control the tone of voice you have in your head when reading posts, so I'll let you know that I'm not cheering for KC or anyone to get fatally sick from COVID.  I'm actually cheering for Kirk and his family to pull their collective heads out of their asses and get the COVID shots.  By not getting vaccinated, he's not just putting himself at risk (of dying like you said above), but killing those he supposedly loves and cares about.
Well, I can't help your lack of understanding.  People have their reasons, some are medical, some are well researched.  Obviously they have a different opinion than you and that is ok.
You're correct I don't understand why supposedly God loving people think it's Ok to get others sick with this deadly virus by not getting the vaccine.  If it's medical reasons, that I can understand.  If it's because they think getting the shot is some symbolic mark derived from Satan, that I have trouble with.  Why can't the vaccine be a blessing from God?

Yeah I don't get it. I am working with a minor that is immunocompromised and wants to get vaccinated and her parents don't want her to. She is going to have to fight them for her vaccination. Also didn't God give medical professionals the knowledge and skills to treat and heal people? 
I thought they had to go to school for that.

And hopefully you respect the family enough to let them make the decision with their daughter rather interjecting yourself into their medical decision.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"greediron" said:

It totally is. That so many don't see that is just incredibly baffling. So many see it through an extreme political lens. The vaccine comes from science, therefore it comes from the educated--liberals, elites...that they hate. 

I just watched a movie last night where some right wing nut guns down 72 children at a camp because they were the children of "liberals, elites, advocates of multiculturalism." It is scary how not far away from that we are. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"greediron" said:

It totally is. That so many don't see that is just incredibly baffling. So many see it through an extreme political lens. The vaccine comes from science, therefore it comes from the educated--liberals, elites...that they hate. 

I just watched a movie last night where some right wing nut guns down 72 children at a camp because they were the children of "liberals, elites, advocates of multiculturalism." It is scary how not far away from that we are. 
Thats nothing, I watched a senile old liberal in NY order old people to be killed off while he fondled women.  And then had them help write a book about how great he was as his liberal brother praised him on TV. Scary stuff this new normal.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"greediron" said:

I thought they had to go to school for that.

And hopefully you respect the family enough to let them make the decision with their daughter rather interjecting yourself into their medical decision.
Of course they have to go to school. That's obvious. My sister and her husband did. But again it's God given. Not everyone is a medical professional.

It would be unprofessional and unethical for me to influence her. This is not about me, it's about her. I respect her right to have access to the information to make an informed decision. There are plenty of medical professionals that she will have access to. She has been researching. She is smart and knows what she is doing. She is a great advocate for herself. She told her family she is willing to be emancipated in order to get her vaccination.

I also work with people that are very much against the vaccine. Some are scared and some don't understand. I don't tell them anything about the vaccine because I can't influence them. They are going to do what they do.

Sounds like he tested negative to me, IDK…

Lots of fucking morons on the team.  At least he isn't doing something to put others in danger like DUI.  A football team has lots of characters.  Kirk's private beliefs are just that, private beliefs and this recent hate sent his way seems more like the non-vax is just an opening to embrace the hate and say vile things that people think about him.
I think it is kinda like dui.  I would make this trade-off with Kirk in the interest of personal freedom:
Go ahead and drive without seatbelts and airbags (so he gains a huge measure of personal freedom which he can flex every time he gets in his car) and in exchange, get the vaccine.  Feel free to get the single dose version so it's just a one-time, 5 second inconvenience.  He comes away with more personal freedom than he has now with law-mandated seat belts.  

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
@"greediron" said:
Lots of fucking morons on the team.  At least he isn't doing something to put others in danger like DUI.  A football team has lots of characters.  Kirk's private beliefs are just that, private beliefs and this recent hate sent his way seems more like the non-vax is just an opening to embrace the hate and say vile things that people think about him.
I think it is kinda like dui.  I would make this trade-off with Kirk in the interest of personal freedom:
Go ahead and drive without seatbelts and airbags (so he gains a huge measure of personal freedom which he can flex every time he gets in his car) and in exchange, get the vaccine.  Feel free to get the single dose version so it's just a one-time, 5 second inconvenience.  He comes away with more personal freedom than he has now with law-mandated seat belts.  
Except its not.  Intoxicated drivers kill people.  That is a fact.  Hell, just getting in a car is much more risky than covid, but people do it all the time.  Haven't seen any socializing while unvaxxed cases in the courts.  Not yet anyway, but stupid people seem to be floating to the top lately.

Seat belts can be taken off.  Not so much with an experimental shot.  Especially one that deals with mRNA.

@"dadevike" said:
@"greediron" said:
Except its not.  Intoxicated drivers kill people.  That is a fact.  Hell, just getting in a car is much more risky than covid, but people do it all the time.  Haven't seen any socializing while unvaxxed cases in the courts.  Not yet anyway, but stupid people seem to be floating to the top lately.

Seat belts can be taken off.  Not so much with an experimental shot.  Especially one that deals with mRNA.
Hasn't Covid killed over 600K people just in the US?  (I suspect it has played a significant role in many other deaths attributed to other causes, but I accept the official numbers.) Getting in a car IS dangerous.  However, getting the vaccine is not.  At least getting in a car to go somewhere serves a useful purpose.  Not getting the vaccine serves only delusion.  To call the vaccine "experimental" is to elevate yourself above the world's best medical researchers in their area of expertise.  That's the delusion I'm talking about.

If by risk you mean the vaccine is not 100%  guaranteed safe, well then, nothing is. Being alive is a risk. It also means that something that is 99.9999999% safe also qualifies as risky because it is less than 100%.  But I know I'm wasting my breath (or my keystrokes) because none of this is an intellectual exercise.  It is purely emotional.  It is about feelings, beliefs, and faith. And there is no arguing with that. 

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"dadevike" said:
@"greediron" said:

Hasn't Covid killed over 600K people just in the US?  (I suspect it has played a significant role in many other deaths attributed to other causes, but I accept the official numbers.) Getting in a car IS dangerous.  However, getting the vaccine is not.  At least getting in a car to go somewhere serves a useful purpose.  Not getting the vaccine serves only delusion.  To call the vaccine "experimental" is to elevate yourself above the world's best medical researchers in their area of expertise.  That's the delusion I'm talking about.

If by risk you mean the vaccine is not 100%  guaranteed safe, well then, nothing is. Being alive is a risk. It also means that something that is 99.9999999% safe also qualifies as risky because it is less than 100%.  But I know I'm wasting my breath (or my keystrokes) because none of this is an intellectual exercise.  It is purely emotional.  It is about feelings, beliefs, and faith. And there is no arguing with that. 
Sez the guy comparing experimental vaccines to seat belts.