Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twins game postponed for non weather reasons
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
What might be another tragic, ironic element to this?

The cop who pulled the wrong weapon was training other cops at the time. 22 year vet. 

Should she do time for this???
Is it illegal for a white cop to kill a black citizen?  Most cases, no, so no time served.
Black muslim cop shooting a white female citizen, then yes, send the bad cop to prison.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

The cop who pulled the wrong weapon was training other cops at the time. 22 year vet. 

wow.... all I could do was sigh.

as far as should she do time... I think its to early to say and likely not enough information available at this time for me to make that judgement.   She certainly carries blame in the situation,  but except for the mistakenly pulled weapon,  did she make other deviations from her guide book with this stop?

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Is it illegal for a white cop to kill a black citizen?  Most cases, no, so no time served.
Black muslim cop shooting a white female citizen, then yes, send the bad cop to prison.
are these the only relevant factors in your stories?   I have a feeling there might be more to factor in than race/sex/ and religion.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

as far as should she do time... I think its to early to say and likely not enough information available at this time for me to make that judgement.   She certainly carries blame in the situation,  but except for the mistakenly pulled weapon,  did she make other deviations from her guide book with this stop?
When evaluating whether this gal should be charged with murder.  I think you have to approach it from that point of view.  Where did the officer deviate from protocol?  Did she follow training up to and until the point that she fired a gun vs a taser? 

The shitty thing is the victim is dead and a cop shot him when that certainly didn't look like what she was going for.  But if a cop of 22 years can screw up a taser vs a gun there needs to be some changes.  Is this the first time this has happened or does this happen often?  Why are tasers colored mostly black? (at least according to google) Would it make sense to holster it on the opposite side?  Could you make the shape of it wildly different so there's less of a chance of it happening again?

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

When evaluating whether this gal should be charged with murder.  I think you have to approach it from that point of view.  Where did the officer deviate from protocol?  Did she follow training up to and until the point that she fired a gun vs a taser? 

The shitty thing is the victim is dead and a cop shot him when that certainly didn't look like what she was going for.  But if a cop of 22 years can screw up a taser vs a gun there needs to be some changes.  Is this the first time this has happened or does this happen often?  Why are tasers colored mostly black? (at least according to google) Would it make sense to holster it on the opposite side?  Could you make the shape of it wildly different so there's less of a chance of it happening again?
no this isnt a first time,  there was a subway platform incident a few years back where the victim was shot by a cop who had intended to draw his taser.     I dont know that holstering on the other side is a good idea since most people are significantly handicapped when forced to use their left hands.  but I think color,  grip/trigger location,  something needs to have a distinct feel or sound to it when drawn.  maybe the smart cop belt that makes an audible sound when the taser is draw vs the gun?

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
Taser = yellow

Officer who fatally shot man in Brooklyn Center is 26-year veteran - StarTribune.com

And she held the gun (not yellow) for about 5 seconds before shooting and still did not notice the color difference. This is some extreme carelessness.

Quote: @"mblack" said:

And she held the gun (not yellow) for about 5 seconds before shooting and still did not notice the color difference. This is some extreme carelessness.

Yeah, according to that picture the taser looks like it is more yellow then black.  Certainly some questions to be asked and answered.  

Quote: @"Viking1987" said:
if this young man would just followed police instructions he would be alive right now
Explain January 6th.